The "OZONE HOLE" scam was the pre-curser to the Global Warmists movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt there is anyone with an education above the 4th grade who believe seasonal changes are significant in this conversation. The data I posted covered 41 years. This is obviously bullshit you're putting out in an attempt to admit that you cannot present us data that show significant changes in polar insolation and might be CORRELATED with the changes brought about by the Montreal Protocol on chlorofluorocarbons.

Has it not occurred to you that if you've fooled ANYONE on this board with your nonsense, they are so patently stupid that to bask in their admiration is to mark yourself a fool?

You are a complete dolt crick....so stupid that there is probably no hope for you. To think, that you believe that figure you provided applies evenly across the surface of the earth.

The climate of the Antarctic and its variability - ACCE

Clip: Because of the lack of incoming solar radiation, the Antarctic stratosphere in winter is extremely cold. A strong temperature gradient develops between the continent and mid-latitudes (Figure 1.13), isolating a pool of very cold air above Antarctica.

Ride your ignorance and stupidity right over the cliff. Again skid mark....what causes O3 to form in the upper atmosphere? What happens if there is less of it reaching the upper atmosphere?

Which is it skidmark? Are you to stupid to grasp that less UV entering the upper atmosphere equals less O3 formation, or is it that you just can't bear to have me hand you your ass again? Well, it's to late for that now, isn't it. So do you learn something or do you just keep on digging that hole trying in vain to save some measure of face?...because that is what it is about now...isn't it?

There is NOTHING in your link discussing solar variability or any relation of such variability to ozone levels. You still fail.

There is NOTHING in your link discussing solar variability or any relation of such variability to ozone levels. You still fail.

Only to someone to stupid to see it...What's the matter crick...NASA themselves said that O3 is formed in the stratosphere when incoming UV breaks apart O2 molecules allowing O3 to form...Then I gave you a perfectly respectable source that stated in terms so simple that even an idiot like you could understand that there is a lack of incoming solar radiation in the antarctic stratosphere in the winter. Here, let me put it in very simple terms that even one as simple minded as you should be able to grasp. I will even write it in crayon for you. Bright colors seem to impress you.

1. UV in the upper atmosphere is formed by incoming UV from the sun breaking O2 molecules, allowing O3 to form

2. In the winter, over the poles, there is less UV entering the stratosphere. With less incoming UV, there are
fewer O2 molecules being broken and therefore less opportunity for O3 to form.

3. The "hole's" in the ozone are larger during the winter months....this is because O3 production is reduced because there is less UV entering the stratosphere over the poles during the winter.

Be an idiot skidmark...hang on to your beliefs even when the evidence to the contrary is right there in front of you. Stay stupid....stay ignorant...remain a dupe...you deserve no less.

Again, we aren't talking about seasonal changes or even solar cycle changes. You claimed a long term change in polar insolation that was driving the observed changes seen in ozone levels. WHERE IS IT FOOL?

Again, we aren't talking about seasonal changes or even solar cycle changes. You claimed a long term change in polar insolation that was driving the observed changes seen in ozone levels. WHERE IS IT FOOL?

So you can't read either? How unsurprising. You were the idiot who brought the long term solar insolation figures as if they were uniform across the globe...and you are the idiot who claimed that just as much solar radiation was entering the stratosphere over the poles during the winter as during the summer.

You had your ass handed to you and now are trying to weasel out of the idiotic claims you made....once more I am laughing in your stupid face skidmark...

But hey...feel free to point out where I claimed that the changes in the amount of ozone over the poles was anything other than seasonal...show that and prove that you can read for comprehension...and are not a liar.

For the sixth time, you claimed that long changes at the pole were the actual driving force behind ozone changes. Not CFCs, not the Montreal Protocol. We want to see the fucking evidence asshole.

For the sixth time, you claimed that long changes at the pole were the actual driving force behind ozone changes. Not CFCs, not the Montreal Protocol. We want to see the fucking evidence asshole.
In which post did I make that claim?

So you really can't read. It isn't even a challenge to show you to be an idiot. In post #97 i said:

ssdd said:
You really are an idiot skidmark....and one of the most dishonest people I have ever spoken to...let's see those those solar insulation figures and their seasonal variations over the poles.

What's the matter skidmark? Can't bring yourself to admit how O3 is formed? Can't bring yourself to acknowledge that when there is less solar entering the upper atmosphere over the poles during the winter, less O3 is being formed? Don't want to acknowledge that because O3 is a highly unstable molecule that readily reacts with Nitrogen, hydrogen and various natural compounds in the air it begins to degrade very quickly as the darkness wears on? Don't want to admit that N2 at 780,000ppm destroys far more than the 5 to 20ppm your CFC boogie man molecules break down?

You are a putz...easily fooled, and very very very slow to realize that you have been duped.

In the first paragraph, I asked to see YOUR long term solar inflation figures in terms of seasonal variations over the poles. That should tell anyone who is capable of the least bit of reading comprehension that I was interested in seasonal variations...not long term averages.... You are really stupid

Then in the second paragraph I say explicitly that decreases in O3 happen in winter when there is less solar energy entering the stratosphere over the poles.

Then in the last paragraph, I pointed out that you were a putz, and easily fooled...and slow to realize that you have been duped...lets add the fact that you can't read.

Do point out where in that post that is all about seasonal variations...specifically winter, I made claims that long term changes in solar input at the poles was causing the holes.

Which part of this statement: "Can't bring yourself to acknowledge that when there is less solar entering the upper atmosphere over the poles during the winter, less O3 is being formed"....do you think suggests that I believe long term changes in solar variation over the poles is responsible for them?

This should be good. You are some kind of doofus skidmark...some kind.

The ban on those nasty CFCs back in the 80s which closed "The Hole in the Ozone" (queue woman screaming) was a bunch of Liberal Hooey. But the success of the Ozone scam gave birth the Warmer movement and many of the same scientists that pushed the Ozone scare are the same ones pushing human caused climate change. Don't believe them, they have a reason why they use "science" to push scams just like they did with the Ozone Hole and CFCs.

New Ozone Hole Scare Won't Save the Great Climate Hoax | PSI Intl
Ugh, what a bunch of idiots you deniers are...a bunch of uneducated slobs being led around by paid denier propagandists...not one of you would pass a 10th grade science test ...

The ban on those nasty CFCs back in the 80s which closed "The Hole in the Ozone" (queue woman screaming) was a bunch of Liberal Hooey. But the success of the Ozone scam gave birth the Warmer movement and many of the same scientists that pushed the Ozone scare are the same ones pushing human caused climate change. Don't believe them, they have a reason why they use "science" to push scams just like they did with the Ozone Hole and CFCs.

Ugh, what a bunch of idiots you deniers are...a bunch of uneducated slobs being led around by paid denier propagandists...not one of you would pass a 10th grade science test ...

Alas, it is us skeptics who are trying to discuss science while you guys can't seem to get past the politics. I would ask you if you care to discuss the science, but you have already proven that you have no informed opinions of your own in regards to any topic on climate...you are a parrot who simply spews the views of those with whom you agree politically without regard to whether what they are telling you is correct or not.

Says the guy who can't figure out what sex he is..

Hint you're a boy.

Hint you're a boy.

You sure? He supports his position like a pre pubescent panty waist. I would guess he is a she.

Hint you're a boy.

You sure? He supports his position like a pre pubescent panty waist. I would guess he is a she.

Maybe you're right he stomps around in her bunny slippers like Al Gore..always trying to shame us..

Crys like a bitch.

Here is how CFCs affect the ozone layer. From the link provided below:

"Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) is an organic compound that contains carbon, chlorine, and fluorine, produced as a volatile derivative of methane and ethane. A common subclass is the hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs), which contain hydrogen, as well. Freon is DuPont's brand name for CFCs, HCFCs and related compounds. Other commercial names from around the world are Algofrene, Arcton, Asahiflon, Daiflon, Eskimo, FCC, Flon, Flugene, Forane, Fridohna, Frigen, Frigedohn, Genetron, Isceon, Isotron, Kaiser, Kaltron, Khladon, Ledon, Racon, and Ucon. The most common representative is dichlorodifluoromethane (R-12 or Freon-12).

Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) are a family of chemical compounds developed back in the 1930's as safe, non-toxic, non-flammable alternative to dangerous substances like ammonia for purposes of refrigeration and spray can propellants. Their usage grew enormously over the years. One of the elements that make up CFCs is chlorine. Very little chlorine exists naturally in the atmosphere. But it turns out that CFCs are an excellent way of introducing chlorine into the ozone layer. The ultraviolet radiation at this altitude breaks down CFCs, freeing the chlorine. Under the proper conditions, this chlorine has the potential to destroy large amounts of ozone. This has indeed been observed, especially over Antarctica. As a consequence, levels of genetically harmful ultraviolet radiation have increased."

cffccc.jpg

The Ozone Hole

I asked these questions before with no answers:

Do CFCs damage the ozone layer?

Was it wrong to ban CFCs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back