The Original Sin of Israel

Jewish and Democratic?

"Both Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and opposition leader Tzipi Livni are committed to the idea of a Jewish and democratic state. They want to ensure both the survival and legitimacy of Israel as a Jewish and democratic state. But the virus of hatred in the streets is corrupting the Jewish and democratic state.

"The virus of hatred is making Israel look and sound like a benighted racist country.

"In the absence of a strong and enlightened political center, the process of social disintegration has turned into a process of moral collapse. Lieberman, Shas and the delusionary rabbis of the right are threatening to bring down everything that Theodor Herzl, Ze'ev Jabotinsky and David Ben-Gurion believed in.

"They are pulling the carpet out from under the Jewish state that is supposed to grant equality to all its citizens and respect all its minorities. The time has come for both Netanyahu and Livni to come to their senses.

"Only joint and determined activity on their part will check the xenophobic frenzy and restore to Israel its enlightened face, which has been corrupted

Only a Strong...

How's the virus of racism coming?

See any potential profit in moral collapse?

Of course you do.

Jewish and Democratic?
Cool, insn't it? We don't see much (if any) ritual outrages about Iran, being muslim and democratic, do we?
The virus of hatred is making Israel look and sound like a benighted racist country.
Like the "racist" Australia? Or, the "racist" Arizona, perhaps, much closer to californian virgins. Altogether, it is cretinously funny to watch NWO, guvmint spending, big sis protesters, quoting the leftist israeli paper and embracing the jovish hysterical lefties, standing for big guvt and drunken spending. Judophobia trumps principles, provided the latter existed in the first place, of course, which I expertly doubt.
"In the absence of a strong and enlightened political center, the process of social disintegration has turned into a process of moral collapse. Lieberman, Shas and the delusionary rabbis of the right are threatening to bring down everything that Theodor Herzl, Ze'ev Jabotinsky and David Ben-Gurion believed in.
Hilarious. The leftie rag hack, bitching the orthodox, the mideast and "russian" joos, i.e. the majority of the country, aren't willing to let the upper calss elites' undemocratic exercise of power in place of democracy go on. Ah, forget it, mister Obama considers the majority of the US unwashed schmucks too. So, it must be cool.

THREAD ON, BUTCH!

Had the heroic noble Jew carpet bombed Syria and Egypt how might that have impacted refugee flows in the Land of Oil and Guns?

How about Ephraim Sneh's "true Zionist victory" over the UN partition plan?

"On December 10, 2007, MK Ephraim Sneh boasted in the Jerusalem Post that Israel had achieved 'a true Zionist victory' over the UN partition plan 'which sought to establish two nations in the land of Israel.'

"The partition plan had assigned Israel 56 percent of Palestine, leaving the inhabitants with only 44 percent.

"But Israel had altered this over time. Sneb proudly declared: 'When we complete the permanent agreement, we will hold 78 percent of the land while the Palestinians will control 22 percent.'”

"Sneb could have added that the 22 percent is essentially a collection of unconnected ghettos cut off from one another and from roads, water, medical care, and jobs."

What borders to you see for Greater Israel?

Nile to the Euphrates??

CounterPunch

THREAD ON, BUTCH!

Had the heroic noble Jew carpet bombed Syria and Egypt how might that have impacted refugee flows in the Land of Oil and Guns?

"On December 10, 2007, MK Ephraim Sneh boasted in the Jerusalem Post that Israel had achieved 'a true Zionist victory' over the UN partition plan 'which sought to establish two nations in the land of Israel.'

"The partition plan had assigned Israel 56 percent of Palestine, leaving the inhabitants with only 44 percent.

"But Israel had altered this over time. Sneb proudly declared: 'When we complete the permanent agreement, we will hold 78 percent of the land while the Palestinians will control 22 percent.'”

"Sneb could have added that the 22 percent is essentially a collection of unconnected ghettos cut off from one another and from roads, water, medical care, and jobs."

Nile to the Euphrates??

CounterPunch

I've largely avoided responding to you, as I believe your utter lack of thanks and rep speaks for itself, but Ima provide you with some insight mmm k? I don't care how you respond to this either.

I don't give a fuck where the Palestinians settle, official state or not, wtf they want, but Israel, ALL OF ISRAEL AND JERUSALEM belongs to the Jews, the Hebrews. Providence destined that for them, it's rightfully their land, THEY'VE BEEN THERE LONGEST. Expand the borders and include some of the ancient lines? FINE WITH ME.

I don't give a fuck what bogus, anti-Semitic propaganda you spew on here, that's your right, BUT THAT DON'T MAKE IT RIGHT.

GOD GAVE THEM THAT LAND. They've suffered some 2,000 years for it back, AND WHEN THEY FINALLY GET IT BACK AFTER ALL THAT HELL, THEY FACE NOTHIN BUT WAR SINCE THEIR INCEPTION. Today, in my eyes, the Arabs/Muslims can do little to make up for the unspeakable evil they've done, THEIR WARS OF AGGRESSION, lies, murders, slander, etc.

Many generations of my family were Jewish dating back centuries, they have the holy land, the suffering, Holocaust, the tears, screams, in their blood, and so do I. Ima Christian, MY SAVIOR IS JEWISH, MY RELIGION CAME FROM JUDAISM. This is then issue in which I'm likely most AWAKE.

So WHEN 1 OF THOSE PIECES OF SHIT BOMBS ISRAEL, WARS WITH ISRAEL, MURDERS HER CHILDREN, THEY CUT ME, MAKE WAR WITH ME. When I see her flag, I feel almost the exact same pride, pain, and tears as I do with Old Glory.

It kills me inside that I can do nothin else but pray, and support her like this, but I do so with my fuckin heart and soul, this, 1 of my chief callings as a devout Christian, American, lover for freedom, equality, etc.

NOTHIN you spew will change this, will change the fact that Israel WILL WIN this war, as they've WON EVERY war they've been in. A SMALL STATE, OF ONLY 6 MILLION, surrounded by hostile, genocidal nations, warring with her, vastly out manning and outgunning her AND SHE STILL WON.

It's obvious why....so beautifully.....spiritually obvious.........

Last edited:
I wonder if your understanding of the last 50 years of Israel's history rivals Uri Avnery's?

Particularly the distinction between "Israelis" and "Jews"?

The following is from Avnery's article "The Original Sin of Israel":

"This distinction between Israelis and Jews would not have surprised any of us 50 years ago. Before the foundation of the State of Israel, none of us spoke about a 'Jewish state'.

"In our demonstrations we chanted: 'Free Immigration! Hebrew State!' In almost all media quotations from those days, there appear the two words 'Hebrew state', almost never 'Jewish state'...

"One cannot understand what happened since then without knowing that in those days almost everyone believed that the Jewish religion was about to disappear, together with the Yiddish-speaking old people who still stuck to it. Poor geezers.

"If somebody had predicted that the Jewish religion would dominate the future state, people would have laughed."

No one who values world peace is laughing today.

Show me you're smarter than Uri

"ZIONISM WAS, among other things, a rebellion against the Jewish religion.

"It was born in sin – the sin of secular nationalism, which had swept through Europe after the French revolution.

"Zionism rebelled against the Halakha (religious law) which forbade Jews to 'ascend' to the holy country en masse.

"According to the religious myth, God exiled the Jews from the country in retribution for their sins, and only God had the right to bring them back.

"Because of this, practically all the important rabbis – both the Hassidim and their opponents - cursed the founders of Zionism. (Needless to say, these curses – some of them very juicy ones – do not appear in Israeli schoolbooks.)"

The Original Sin..

THREAD ON, BUTCH!

Nile to the Euphrates??

CounterPunch

Nile to the Euphrates...what a joke! Israel WITH the West Bank doen't even equal a full 1 per-cent of land that the Arabs currently have.

THREAD ON, BUTCH!

Nile to the Euphrates??

CounterPunch

Nile to the Euphrates...what a joke! Israel WITH the West Bank doen't even equal a full 1 per-cent of land that the Arabs currently have.
The Nile to the Euphrates would obviously be a problem for US Central Command at the moment. I doubt if anyone outside of a few racist rabbis actually believe Greater Israel will one day stretch from Egypt to Iraq.

In 1948 two out of every three inhabitants of Mandate Palestine were not Jews and probably would not have voted in favor of creating a Jewish state. If you look at the original "Green Line" you'll see the obvious gerrymandering that was required to outline a Jewish majority in a land that was two-thirds non-Jewish.

The Jewish State was created by violence primarily to enhance the economic interests of western colonial powers, namely the US and England.

Forum List

Back