The only possible reason cannabis is illegal is

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Watching CNN's "Weed 1/2" last night something that occured to me regarding how the US still categorizes cannabis as a schedule 1 narcotic "with no medicinal properties" is that unlike most all western medicines, cannabis not only treats many things, but it might also cure them. If you think of the policies of keeping it illegal and schedule 1 as possibly having a financial component, namely that is drug maker companies are earning billions every year selling treatments, then obviously they're not motivated to ever cure anything. If it turned out cannabis does cure many things that represents a massive reduction in drug company profits.

Seems to be many hits coming up online for 'cannabis cures' Cancer, Crohn's, Diabetes, Alzheimer's, the list goes on and on. True or not, consistently or not, if it cures ANYTHING it's worth more research. And that it seems to be cemented as a "no medical uses" substance, the reason for it becomes clearer. It's about money.

When it's medically or completely legal it is taxed so there is also money for government.

I smoked the stuff for years. I won't say that there weren't times that I totally enjoyed it and looked forward to it. I smoked every day (sometimes several times a day) for more than 10 years (teens - mid 20s). I even quit for about 15 years then started smoking it again in my late thirties into early 40s. So ... I think I'm as much of an "expert" on the subject as the next guy (the AMA included).

First off, I will say that alcohol, not pot, is the true "gateway" drug and is, in my opinion, more dangerous than pot. However, having been a chronic user of reefer I can honestly say that I never noticed any medical benefits whatsoever. It did a poor job of killing pain; it coated my lungs with a cough-inducing slime; and I was an irritable malcontent when I didn't get my daily "fix." It totally dumbed me down so that I couldn't really carry on an intelligent or meaningful conversation. After years of use it did cause a certain amount of paranoia and disconnect from society.

Should it be legal or not? I suppose if booze is legal then pot should be too. My state of Colorado is reaping the tax benefits from legalized pot which is a good thing since the state will (perhaps) stop trying to raise my taxes every chance it gets.

Legal or not ... I'm not going to start smoking it again. I like the sense of clarity I get from being chemical-free.

I smoked the stuff for years. I won't say that there weren't times that I totally enjoyed it and looked forward to it. I smoked every day (sometimes several times a day) for more than 10 years (teens - mid 20s). I even quit for about 15 years then started smoking it again in my late thirties into early 40s. So ... I think I'm as much of an "expert" on the subject as the next guy (the AMA included).

First off, I will say that alcohol, not pot, is the true "gateway" drug and is, in my opinion, more dangerous than pot. However, having been a chronic user of reefer I can honestly say that I never noticed any medical benefits whatsoever. It did a poor job of killing pain; it coated my lungs with a cough-inducing slime; and I was an irritable malcontent when I didn't get my daily "fix." It totally dumbed me down so that I couldn't really carry on an intelligent or meaningful conversation. After years of use it did cause a certain amount of paranoia and disconnect from society.

Should it be legal or not? I suppose if booze is legal then pot should be too. My state of Colorado is reaping the tax benefits from legalized pot which is a good thing since the state will (perhaps) stop trying to raise my taxes every chance it gets.

Legal or not ... I'm not going to start smoking it again. I like the sense of clarity I get from being chemical-free.

try sativa instead of indica

I have similar life experience with cannibis. I used regularly for around 15 years. I thought it was taking up too much of my life, so I quit. Haven't used in over 20 years now, and doubt I would ever take it up again. I do think it should be legal though. It was only made illegal due to lies, sensationalism, prejudice, corporate protectionism - wood pulp paper industry, and yellow journalism.

Forum List

Back