The Only Pitcher......

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
....to belt two grand slams in one game!!!!

Today....July 3.....1966, Candlestick Park…pitcher Tony Cloninger, Atlanta Braves, hit two grand slams in one game. The only pitcher to do it, and the first National League ballplayer of any kind to do it.

Not to be confused with this.....
April 23, 1999-Fernando Tatis holds the Major League record for RBI's in an inning, a feat he achieved by hitting 2 Grand Slams in one inning for the St. Louis Cardinals against the L.A. Dodgers, also becoming the only player in Major League history to hit two grand slams in one inning.

Nobody will ever hit two grand slams in an inning again

The odds are astronomical

Today....July 3.....1966, Candlestick Park…pitcher Tony Cloninger, Atlanta Braves, hit two grand slams in one game. The only pitcher to do it, and the first National League ballplayer of any kind to do it.

April 23, 1999-Fernando Tatis holds the Major League record for RBI's in an inning, a feat he achieved by hitting 2 Grand Slams in one inning for the St. Louis Cardinals against the L.A. Dodgers, also becoming the only player in Major League history to hit two grand slams in one inning.

I am still pissed when our pitcher hit a home run against the Dodgers and we won the 1st game like 13 to 1

But alas cubbies crashed and burned again

If they don't go to the world series this year I will never see it.

I am still pissed when our pitcher hit a home run against the Dodgers and we won the 1st game like 13 to 1

But alas cubbies crashed and burned again

If they don't go to the world series this year I will never see it.

Sounds like my wailing about my NY Rangers....

I can still remember listening to that game on the radio. Lon Simmons and Russ Hodges (Giants announcers) were a regular part of the summers of my childhood.

Forum List

Back