The One Muslim Country That Loves America Is Developing an Extremist Problem

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
It appears that many Muslims can't seem to restrain themselves from going to fight with ISIS.

Kosovars are traveling to the Middle East to fight the same U.S.-led forces that once helped secure their country’s freedom.
kosovo.jpg

PRISTINA, Kosovo — Musli Musliu's Facebook page looks much like any other 20-something's profile: He posts selfies along with videos uploaded from YouTube, and he has an app for playing Texas Hold 'Em with his friends. But his profile is not actually one of a typical millennial. The videos Musli posts call for jihad, urging his friends to join the fight against the enemies of Islam. One photo shows a man with a balaclava covering his face. In another, a man holds an assault rifle with a bullet belt wrapped like a scarf around his neck

Continue reading at:

So....150 (of the nations 2 million Muslims) have traveled to Syria to fight. Sounds like the government is on top of the situation even though it's such a tiny number of people.

So....150 (of the nations 2 million Muslims) have traveled to Syria to fight. Sounds like the government is on top of the situation even though it's such a tiny number of people.

They are coming from all over. Who even knows how many from each country they will come. Malaysia just picked up some potential ISIS members. I wonder how many from the U.S. will eventually land up fighting for ISIS and then come back here and start committing atrocities after they have been trained. No doubt some sympathizers here will be hiding them out if they are able to sneak back into this country.

They are coming from all over. Who even knows how many from each country they will come. Malaysia just picked up some potential ISIS members. I wonder how many from the U.S. will eventually land up fighting for ISIS and then come back here and start committing atrocities after they have been trained. No doubt some sympathizers here will be hiding them out if they are able to sneak back into this country.

They have so many ISIS fighters from Malaysia and Indonesia they formed their own units over there.

That's a complicated problem right there and it's not a question necessarily of "sympathizers". There are many who are foolish youngsters who don't realize what they are getting into or fooled by propaganda that misleads. Then they get there and soon realize it isn't what was promised. So what can they do? ISIS kills deserters in unpleasant ways. If they escape - they can't go back home. And te reason's they go there, can be complicated - for example, going to fight in Syria because they couldn't stand to see Assad killing innocent women and children.

Interesting article on the how complex the problem is: Brooklyn Man Fights In Syria. Is He A Threat To The U.S. Parallels NPR

They have so many ISIS fighters from Malaysia and Indonesia they formed their own units over there.

One important way to fight ISIS recruitment is to get on the propaganda bandwagon - show these young people that ISIS is not Islamic and that murder is not a part of their religion. A number of countries are actively taking down and dismantling their websites as they pop up...though, it's probably like trying to irradicate cockroaches.

That's a complicated problem right there and it's not a question necessarily of "sympathizers". There are many who are foolish youngsters who don't realize what they are getting into or fooled by propaganda that misleads. Then they get there and soon realize it isn't what was promised. So what can they do? ISIS kills deserters in unpleasant ways. If they escape - they can't go back home. And te reason's they go there, can be complicated - for example, going to fight in Syria because they couldn't stand to see Assad killing innocent women and children.

Interesting article on the how complex the problem is: Brooklyn Man Fights In Syria. Is He A Threat To The U.S. Parallels NPR

You forget that some rushing off to join ISIS are grown men, men who even drag along their children with them. We also have no idea how many are cheering ISIS from the sidelines. Where are all the protests in the major cities of the world held by Muslims protesting ISIS. When the Kurds held a protest in Berlin, the Muslims sure were able to get out there and start fighting with the Kurdish protesters.

You forget that some rushing off to join ISIS are grown men, men who even drag along their children with them. We also have no idea how many are cheering ISIS from the sidelines. Where are all the protests in the major cities of the world held by Muslims protesting ISIS. When the Kurds held a protest in Berlin, the Muslims sure were able to get out there and start fighting with the Kurdish protesters.

No, I don't forget that. But many are foolish young people doing something really really stupid that could affect their lives for ever.

There have been many protests on ISIS - which were reported on another thread. I'm sorry that's not enough for you. But I suspect nothing will be.

By the way, do you realize the majority of Kurds are Sunni?

No, I don't forget that. But many are foolish young people doing something really really stupid that could affect their lives for ever.

There have been many protests on ISIS - which were reported on another thread. I'm sorry that's not enough for you. But I suspect nothing will be.

What difference does it make what the Kurds are? It is the Sunnis who are killing them along with their murdering of the Shia and Christians.. Strange with all the Muslims in Los Angeles County, I haven't read one word about them protesting against ISIS. They sure were quick to come out in numerous numbers when Gaza was concerned. It is also strange that on all the news sites, there have been very, very few mentions of protests against ISIS. Perhaps you can tell us the countries in which these many protests were held and how huge the crowd was..

The Kurds may be Muslim but they are despised by their Muslim neighbors, the Kurds are more friendly with the Americans then the Arabs, Persians or Turks by far.

Yes they are majority Sunni but the Kurds are the one group over there who has learned to unite despite their religious factions, they see themselves as Kurds for the most part.

What difference does it make what the Kurds are? It is the Sunnis who are killing them along with their murdering of the Shia and Christians.. Strange with all the Muslims in Los Angeles County, I haven't read one word about them protesting against ISIS. They sure were quick to come out in numerous numbers when Gaza was concerned. It is also strange that on all the news sites, there have been very, very few mentions of protests against ISIS. Perhaps you can tell us the countries in which these many protests were held and how huge the crowd was..

Ever think the news might be biased? I had look at a lot of local coverage to find the protests being covered.

Ever think the news might be biased? I had look at a lot of local coverage to find the protests being covered.

Yes, the news is biased because so many papers always have something derogatory about Israel. Meanwhile, if all these protests took place of Muslims showing they were against ISIS, surely there would be some newspapers to report on these protests happening. World of mouth would get around in Southern California and local papers would pick up the news, especially those areas with large Muslim populations here. However, the Muslims seemed to have sat this one out.

Forum List

Back