The Olympics...Awesome Canada!

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
Our friends up north did an awesome job hosting the Olympics. The numerous stories of the great hospitality and warmth of their citizens reflects what a great country Canada is and Canadians are.

We are fortunate as Americans to have a such a true friend and neighbor that shares our largest border.

And a special respect for Joannie Rochette. She pulled off a courageous performance. Her mom would be so proud...

Joannie Rochette entered the Vancouver Olympics as Canada's top contender in ladies' figure skating. But tragically, and unexpectedly, her mother passed away just days before Rochette was to take the ice. Her performance in the short program was spot-on, making everything look effortless.

But at the conclusion of her performance, it became clear the emotional weight she was carrying. She broke down in tears, the grief that was still so raw finally bubbling to the surface. She managed to pull off another spectacular performance in the free skate and clinched the bronze medal, inspiring a lot of people along the way with her tremendous courage.

resized_OLYFS56802240456.jpg

They did great.

They wanted to "Own the Podium"...and they did by winning the most Gold Medals.

Tell them to get their GD airforce out of my backyard.

http://www.itpas.org.uk/images/Canada Geese.jpg

They can be nasty during breeding time. I have a summer home on Lake Ontario and there are thousands of them on the island. Once there are goslings, the ganders get extremely territorial. I've had them chase me and try to bite me when I walk by...

But they sure are one of God's beautiful creatures...

One good thing, they don't 'drop' while flying...LOL

91866171_aeefdb8afa.jpg

canada-goose-flying-mam.jpg

marsh-boardwalk-canadian-geese-goslings_5979.jpg

go8f0441a.jpg

2423580955_224c11b812.jpg

Forum List

Back