The OLDER Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate
⁜→ rylah, P F Tinmore, et al,

OK, I don't know any more than you do; maybe even less. But this is not an impartial panel of experts; but rather a summation of a pro-Arab Palestinian Story. But before I get on my soapbox, I just want to say that this media presentation was worth the hour (+) it takes to listen to this excessively sympathetic and emotional concern academic advocate for one of the most incompetent, ineffective, corrupt and poorly functioning excuse for a government that has ever graced the sands of the Middle East. One of the reasons that the Arab Palestiansare at the near bottom of the social and economic development scale is because they listen to these very eloquent yet sadly mistaken expert panels it has ever been my misfortune to waste my time (which I will never get back and so little left to spend on such dribble) listening.

Remember, this panelist will not be the people that pay the price for the anger they foment on the Two-State Solution (with an Arab State which will probably either collapse under its own weight or become just another mediocre Arab nations. And that will gradually become a regional destabilizing force that will weaken Israel, with a drama that will playout over Jerusalem because of it.

Starr Forum: 70 Years: Israel-Palestine – Reflections & Forecasts "Looking Back"

I don't understand the point of this video.

Palestine was recognized a Jewish country by US law, the indigenous status of the Jewish nation was recognized in the language of the international law. Israel was founded by a bunch of lawyers who legally represented the Jewish cause in every step of the realization of Palestine into an independent state called Israel, all according to international law.

If some academics want to make a buck out of anecdotes I don't think there's anything to discuss, there's no Israeli side represented in this panel anyway.

Looking forward I can only wish Arab states give their people anywhere the same level of liberty and quality of life as Israel has managed for its Arab citizens in spite of the wider Arab-Israeli conflict.

(COMMENT)

This is a foundation for something that has not been done often in history. They layed the history out, and the interpretation of facts, that blame the outcome on everybody, especially the Jewish (later Israeli) for the raw deal that the Arab Palestinians got. The latent premise is that there must be a two-state solution with the advantage to the Arab Palestinian. This is ground zero for opening political support for the destruction of the Jewish National Home.

The mistake that the panel makes (in my estimation) is that none of them look at the reality. Israel will never allow the bleeding heart pro-Palestinians to set the conditions today for the demise of Israel at some point in the future. They appear to be trying to act as chair bound academic that want to foment anger to and to incite violent and ill-advised behavior to the degree that they will attempt to induce the external major Powers to overtake Israel.

Most Respectfully,
R

You always have two themes to your posts

One is that you try to make Israel legitimate. Of course this requires expounding profusely on foreign intervention.

The other is that you slime the Palestinians for their actions and incompetence, Like people in prison have options. They have lived under foreign dominance their entire life.

RE: The Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate

OK, I don't know any more than you do; maybe even less. But this is not an impartial panel of experts; but rather a summation of a pro-Arab Palestinian Story. But before I get on my soapbox, I just want to say that this media presentation was worth the hour (+) it takes to listen to this excessively sympathetic and emotional concern academic advocate for one of the most incompetent, ineffective, corrupt and poorly functioning excuse for a government that has ever graced the sands of the Middle East. One of the reasons that the Arab Palestiansare at the near bottom of the social and economic development scale is because they listen to these very eloquent yet sadly mistaken expert panels it has ever been my misfortune to waste my time (which I will never get back and so little left to spend on such dribble) listening.

Remember, this panelist will not be the people that pay the price for the anger they foment on the Two-State Solution (with an Arab State which will probably either collapse under its own weight or become just another mediocre Arab nations. And that will gradually become a regional destabilizing force that will weaken Israel, with a drama that will playout over Jerusalem because of it.

Starr Forum: 70 Years: Israel-Palestine – Reflections & Forecasts "Looking Back"

Palestine was recognized a Jewish country by US law, the indigenous status of the Jewish nation was recognized in the language of the international law. Israel was founded by a bunch of lawyers who legally represented the Jewish cause in every step of the realization of Palestine into an independent state called Israel, all according to international law.

If some academics want to make a buck out of anecdotes I don't think there's anything to discuss, there's no Israeli side represented in this panel anyway.

Looking forward I can only wish Arab states give their people anywhere the same level of liberty and quality of life as Israel has managed for its Arab citizens in spite of the wider Arab-Israeli conflict.

(COMMENT)

This is a foundation for something that has not been done often in history. They layed the history out, and the interpretation of facts, that blame the outcome on everybody, especially the Jewish (later Israeli) for the raw deal that the Arab Palestinians got. The latent premise is that there must be a two-state solution with the advantage to the Arab Palestinian. This is ground zero for opening political support for the destruction of the Jewish National Home.

The mistake that the panel makes (in my estimation) is that none of them look at the reality. Israel will never allow the bleeding heart pro-Palestinians to set the conditions today for the demise of Israel at some point in the future. They appear to be trying to act as chair bound academic that want to foment anger to and to incite violent and ill-advised behavior to the degree that they will attempt to induce the external major Powers to overtake Israel.

Most Respectfully,
R

One is that you try to make Israel legitimate. Of course this requires expounding profusely on foreign intervention.

The other is that you slime the Palestinians for their actions and incompetence, Like people in prison have options. They have lived under foreign dominance their entire life.

It's hilarious, I can almost hear You sob each time anyone suggests Arabs actually move into the 21 century and stop blaming everyone else for their failures as a society.

Well for us Christians who support Israel and the Jews it all comes down to what we believe in Faith. For our Bible tells us both the Old and New Testaments about Jesus Second coming. He will call all His believers to meet Him in the air and as He sets foot on the Mt. of Olives, just outside Jerusalem, it will split into and He will fight for His people Israel who will have all been saved as they saw His coming. All the armies of the world gathered around Jerusalem will be destroyed by Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus Christ). It is all recorded in the Prophets and in the New Testament. It does not matter what men say but what the plan of G_d is, as the world will soon learn. Egypt's Pharaoh had to learn the lesson the hard way about who the G_d of Israel was when Moses came to him and so the world will have to relearn the lesson because they have forgotten the lessons of History.

Well for us Christians who support Israel and the Jews it all comes down to what we believe in Faith. For our Bible tells us both the Old and New Testaments about Jesus Second coming. He will call all His believers to meet Him in the air and as He sets foot on the Mt. of Olives, just outside Jerusalem, it will split into and He will fight for His people Israel who will have all been saved as they saw His coming. All the armies of the world gathered around Jerusalem will be destroyed by Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus Christ). It is all recorded in the Prophets and in the New Testament. It does not matter what men say but what the plan of G_d is, as the world will soon learn. Egypt's Pharaoh had to learn the lesson the hard way about who the G_d of Israel was when Moses came to him and so the world will have to relearn the lesson because they have forgotten the lessons of History.

The only proof you have that Pharaoh learned the hard way about God is the book that made him up in the first place.

※→ Paparock, et al,

I don't necessarily agree with this, but I will admit that I have heard this line of thought before. Many hold it to be true.

(COMMENT)

I think the Jewish People have been purged enough. It is time that humanity consider (as probably the Allied Powers did) that is time to create a safe haven for the Jewish people to be protected from the ills of the past.

I suppose that, religious beliefs aside, that it is time we (as a species) step up to the plate and protect and preserve the Jewish People, from the wrongs created in the past → under the color of law, from inflicting further injury on the Jewish people.

I have no doubt that if we, as a species, put the fate of the Jewish People in the hand of the Arabs (in general) and the Arab Palestinians (specifically) that the majority will crush the Jewish People once again.

The Israelis are a much more developed nation in the Middle East than any of its neighbors. Given the opportunity to overrun (Right of Return) Israel, they will strip it clean to the bone. They will put such a burden on the nation that it will sink right into the sea.

The UN, while a nice idea, is an organization (in many respects) that has come before its time. While many nations have a reasonable idea of how to follow the Rule of Law (RoL). But there are many more that do not have the moral values to operate under the RoL. In fact, many have coloring outside the lines for so long, that they forgot where the RoL is.

Any people that come to the conclusion that it is a legal open season to hunt and kill the Jewish People, that their religion approves of this as a general practice, have no clue as to the intent of the RoL or the difference between "good and evil" --- "right and wrong." They should take a very hard look in the mirror at what kind of animal they have turned into, but they sure are looking like they are evolving backward.

Just My Thoughts,
Most Respectfully,
R

The only proof you have that Pharaoh learned the hard way about God is the book that made him up in the first place.

I stated it up front it was my and other Christians FAITH. I did not offer it as proof to you or anyone else. You can take it or leave it as you wish to. I was simply explaining what we believe. Time will tell the truth of it. I personally plan on being there to witness the events unfold.

The UN is pretty much a useless organization in my personal opinion and ultimately I believe the world will try to fulfill Hitler's ultimate final solution for the Jewish problem only to find out that there is a G_d and that He is the G_d of Israel much to their dismay.

※→ Paparock, et al,

I don't necessarily agree with this, but I will admit that I have heard this line of thought before. Many hold it to be true.

(COMMENT)

I think the Jewish People have been purged enough. It is time that humanity consider (as probably the Allied Powers did) that is time to create a safe haven for the Jewish people to be protected from the ills of the past.

I suppose that, religious beliefs aside, that it is time we (as a species) step up to the plate and protect and preserve the Jewish People, from the wrongs created in the past → under the color of law, from inflicting further injury on the Jewish people.

I have no doubt that if we, as a species, put the fate of the Jewish People in the hand of the Arabs (in general) and the Arab Palestinians (specifically) that the majority will crush the Jewish People once again.

The Israelis are a much more developed nation in the Middle East than any of its neighbors. Given the opportunity to overrun (Right of Return) Israel, they will strip it clean to the bone. They will put such a burden on the nation that it will sink right into the sea.

The UN, while a nice idea, is an organization (in many respects) that has come before its time. While many nations have a reasonable idea of how to follow the Rule of Law (RoL). But there are many more that do not have the moral values to operate under the RoL. In fact, many have coloring outside the lines for so long, that they forgot where the RoL is.

Any people that come to the conclusion that it is a legal open season to hunt and kill the Jewish People, that their religion approves of this as a general practice, have no clue as to the intent of the RoL or the difference between "good and evil" --- "right and wrong." They should take a very hard look in the mirror at what kind of animal they have turned into, but they sure are looking like they are evolving backward.

Just My Thoughts,
Most Respectfully,
R
"I think the Jewish People have been purged enough. It is time that humanity consider (as probably the Allied Powers did) that is time to create a safe haven for the Jewish people to be protected from the ills of the past."
Dear RoccoR, the nature jews are carrying overr the centuries is ill and this ill nature can not be cure unless they either follow Jesus PBUH or Mohammed PBUH and give up their ill nature that they are special race or their Msaya is coming and we all know including jews that Masaya is not coming and they are not especial any more.

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Dear P F Tinmore, I just reply to "RoccoR" that jew nature become ill over the centuries that they are especial race and they become psycho or mental means jew keep pressing this idea that they are especial but on the other hand world keep rejecting this idea that jew are not especial. In my point of view jew can not be fit in any society with this idea means they have to give up this idea and follow the Jesus PBUH or Mohammed PBUH. we all have to work on this psychological problem jew have and cure them or wash their brain so they can live normal life like others freely and happily.

※→ Rehmani, et al,

There is no subdivision in Humanity that has not demonstrated aspects of an "ill nature" (a disagreeable, irritable, or malevolent disposition) of one sort or another. The very idea that "this ill nature cannot be cured unless they either follow Jesus PBUH or Mohammed PBUH" is an argument against religious freedom. It basically says that the Jewish people must abandon their faith and assimilate into either Christianity or Muslim faiths.

"I think the Jewish People have been purged enough. It is time that humanity consider (as probably the Allied Powers did) that is time to create a safe haven for the Jewish people to be protected from the ills of the past."
Dear RoccoR, the nature jews are carrying overr the centuries is ill and this ill nature can not be cure unless they either follow Jesus PBUH or Mohammed PBUH and give up their ill nature that they are special race or their Msaya is coming and we all know including jews that Masaya is not coming and they are not especial any more.
(COMMENT)

These wars and conflicts, that is to say → these non-international armed conflicts, between governmental forces and non-governmental organizations of a separate set of religious groups (or between faith-based groups) → only serves to support the contention that the dispute over the territories IS NOT an argument over political views and legitimacy in the concepts of territorial expansion or territorial partitioning, but rather the FORCED acceptance of a faith and the FORCED assimilation into the associated culture. In contemporary times (while not law) the what is most often cited is the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR); or the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (CCPR), which is Law by Treaty.
Article 2 - The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) said:
Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.
Article 18 - International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (CCPR) said:
1. Everyone shall have the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion. This right shall include freedom to have or to adopt a religion or belief of his choice, and freedom, either individually or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in worship, observance, practice and teaching.

2. No one shall be subject to coercion which would impair his freedom to have or to adopt a religion or belief of his choice.

3. Freedom to manifest one's religion or beliefs may be subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary to protect public safety, order, health, or morals or the fundamental rights and freedoms of others.

4. The States Parties to the present Covenant undertake to have respect for the liberty of parents and, when applicable, legal guardians to ensure the religious and moral education of their children in conformity with their own convictions.
While it is implied in the UDHR that there is religious freedom, it is explicit in the CCPR that coercion as a means of compulsion (especially with the use or threat of violence) into altering one's faith is unacceptable.

I respectfully reject your argument that Jewishness is an "ill nature can not be cure unless they either follow Jesus PBUH or Mohammed PBUH." It is a faith-based argument that is not only rejected by me, but by the acceptance and recognition that these rights are derived from the inherent dignity of humanity. I am not Jewish. In point of fact, I am agnostic and do not follow the belief that either "Jesus PBUH or Mohammed PBUH" are prophets of the Supreme Being. But I am not entitled to criticize the faith of others.

The key here is that if we are to accept your position, then we know that the territorial dispute presented by the Arab Palestinians is:

◈ Motivated by religious and faith-based concerns, and not on arguments of political or legitimate actions.

◈ Further cause to believe that:

IF the People of Israel were to sit the conditions of there fate in the hands of the Arab Palestinians by openning their borders to the onslaught of Arabs,
THEN it would not be long before the Arab Palestinians would attempt to enforce your cure.​

Just my take on the position and why I think that rationally, the risk is too great for the Jewish State of Israel to entrust their destiny into the hands of those that believe it is set a bounty (Palestinian Authority’s payment of monthly salaries to terrorists and families of suicide bombers) on Jewish Lives.

Most Respectfully,
R

※→ Rehmani, et al,

There is no subdivision in Humanity that has not demonstrated aspects of an "ill nature" (a disagreeable, irritable, or malevolent disposition) of one sort or another. The very idea that "this ill nature cannot be cured unless they either follow Jesus PBUH or Mohammed PBUH" is an argument against religious freedom. It basically says that the Jewish people must abandon their faith and assimilate into either Christianity or Muslim faiths.

(COMMENT)

These wars and conflicts, that is to say → these non-international armed conflicts, between governmental forces and non-governmental organizations of a separate set of religious groups (or between faith-based groups) → only serves to support the contention that the dispute over the territories IS NOT an argument over political views and legitimacy in the concepts of territorial expansion or territorial partitioning, but rather the FORCED acceptance of a faith and the FORCED assimilation into the associated culture. In contemporary times (while not law) the what is most often cited is the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR); or the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (CCPR), which is Law by Treaty.
Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.
1. Everyone shall have the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion. This right shall include freedom to have or to adopt a religion or belief of his choice, and freedom, either individually or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in worship, observance, practice and teaching.

2. No one shall be subject to coercion which would impair his freedom to have or to adopt a religion or belief of his choice.

3. Freedom to manifest one's religion or beliefs may be subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary to protect public safety, order, health, or morals or the fundamental rights and freedoms of others.

4. The States Parties to the present Covenant undertake to have respect for the liberty of parents and, when applicable, legal guardians to ensure the religious and moral education of their children in conformity with their own convictions.
While it is implied in the UDHR that there is religious freedom, it is explicit in the CCPR that coercion as a means of compulsion (especially with the use or threat of violence) into altering one's faith is unacceptable.

I respectfully reject your argument that Jewishness is an "ill nature can not be cure unless they either follow Jesus PBUH or Mohammed PBUH." It is a faith-based argument that is not only rejected by me, but by the acceptance and recognition that these rights are derived from the inherent dignity of humanity. I am not Jewish. In point of fact, I am agnostic and do not follow the belief that either "Jesus PBUH or Mohammed PBUH" are prophets of the Supreme Being. But I am not entitled to criticize the faith of others.

The key here is that if we are to accept your position, then we know that the territorial dispute presented by the Arab Palestinians is:

◈ Motivated by religious and faith-based concerns, and not on arguments of political or legitimate actions.

IF the People of Israel were to sit the conditions of there fate in the hands of the Arab Palestinians by openning their borders to the onslaught of Arabs,
THEN it would not be long before the Arab Palestinians would attempt to enforce your cure.​

Just my take on the position and why I think that rationally, the risk is too great for the Jewish State of Israel to entrust their destiny into the hands of those that believe it is set a bounty (Palestinian Authority’s payment of monthly salaries to terrorists and families of suicide bombers) on Jewish Lives.

Most Respectfully,
R
Dear RocoR, As long as humanity is concern, I am agreed with you but jew are the one who doesn't beleave in humanity or troubling the humanity by dividing the humanity. You can not establish the humanity unless you rehabilitate the jews and whole world have to play the roll to help jew out in this regards.
1. Jews consider themselves that they are special race means you are not first but even you are second grade means they keep distance from you. they never allowed you to mix with them at any level of life. If you don't beleave you can ask question from the posters that how many posters have jews as a friend, you will hardly find anyone. They will treat you as untouchable.
2. Jew are very good in propaganda means they make a lot of noise that lies start to feel like truth. For example they are calling to themselves that they are native to Jerusalem is a lie, because Holly Land is Arab land and Arab lives there for centuries/millenniums, while Abraham PBUH migrated from an unknown village of Iraq means jew can call themselves native from that lost village in Iraq.
3. Jew claim that Jerusalem is there holly land which is a fat lie means they are not native from holy land second The Title Holly only come with the Prophet and not single prophet of jews ever entered in Jerusalem.
4. The wall they calling that a holly wall again a fat lie, because its retaining wall to built to support to Holly Mosque called Masjid Al-Aqsa. You can ask to any civil engineer about it.
5. Its a fat lei too, a race can not be started or known by great grand son like Yahudha/Judah. Race should be started by Great Grand Father, Like Abraham PBUH means they should call themselves Abrahami race instead jew. And Yahudha was not prophet either.
6. This is a lie too that according to Bible and Al-Quran there should be 12 Prophets of jews but jew rejected 6 of them, means how come they will accept Jesus PBUH and Mohammed PBUH as Prophet, who doesn't speaks Hibru.
7. Jew crucified Jesus PBUH but God lifted him PBUH up in Heaven and Jesus PBUH arrival expected soon.
Don't you think its a ill nature, there are long list of facts if you search on google with clear mind.

※→ Rehmani, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
Dear RocoR, As long as humanity is concern, I am agreed with you but jew are the one who doesn't beleave in humanity or troubling the humanity by dividing the humanity. You can not establish the humanity unless you rehabilitate the jews and whole world have to play the roll to help jew out in this regards.
1. Jews consider themselves that they are special race means you are not first but even you are second grade means they keep distance from you. they never allowed you to mix with them at any level of life. If you don't beleave you can ask question from the posters that how many posters have jews as a friend, you will hardly find anyone. They will treat you as untouchable.
2. Jew are very good in propaganda means they make a lot of noise that lies start to feel like truth. For example they are calling to themselves that they are native to Jerusalem is a lie, because Holly Land is Arab land and Arab lives there for centuries/millenniums, while Abraham PBUH migrated from an unknown village of Iraq means jew can call themselves native from that lost village in Iraq.
3. Jew claim that Jerusalem is there holly land which is a fat lie means they are not native from holy land second The Title Holly only come with the Prophet and not single prophet of jews ever entered in Jerusalem.
4. The wall they calling that a holly wall again a fat lie, because its retaining wall to built to support to Holly Mosque called Masjid Al-Aqsa. You can ask to any civil engineer about it.
5. Its a fat lei too, a race can not be started or known by great grand son like Yahudha/Judah. Race should be started by Great Grand Father, Like Abraham PBUH means they should call themselves Abrahami race instead jew. And Yahudha was not prophet either.
6. This is a lie too that according to Bible and Al-Quran there should be 12 Prophets of jews but jew rejected 6 of them, means how come they will accept Jesus PBUH and Mohammed PBUH as Prophet, who doesn't speaks Hibru.
7. Jew crucified Jesus PBUH but God lifted him PBUH up in Heaven and Jesus PBUH arrival expected soon.
Don't you think its a ill nature, there are long list of facts if you search on google with clear mind.

Such an inquiring mind, how could Jews not like You?! They don't DESERVE You!:itsok:
Next time when You want to make Jewish friends, I suggest talking more about crucifixion,
and don't forget the bloody matzos, it's a great opener.

Last edited:
※→ Rehmani, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Such an inquiring mind, how could Jews not like You?! They don't DESERVE You!:itsok:
Next time when You want to make Jewish friends, I suggest talking more about crucifixion,
and don't forget the bloody matzos, it's a great opener.
thank God I am not like jew and I am sure that jew can not make friend to anyone with racial mind.

According to the 1883 book Egypt, Palestine, and Phoenicia: A Visit to Sacred Lands, by Félix Bovet, throughout the 19th century Palestine was not really under the real authority of the Ottoman Empire, but with some exceptions the towns acted independently.

So how did the Palestinian Arabs act when they had a decent measure of autonomy?

Not at all like a people. In fact, they acted the opposite of how a people would act - they only fought each other and identified with their tribes and towns, not at all as Palestinians.

----

At least in 1883, there was clearly no "Palestinian people." It was just a bunch of towns and villages who would fight or ally as necessary, with no sense whatsoever of national unity or pride. And certainly none of these people self-identified as "Palestinian."

(full article online)

"Palestinian" autonomy in the 19th century ~ Elder Of Ziyon - Israel News

According to the 1883 book Egypt, Palestine, and Phoenicia: A Visit to Sacred Lands, by Félix Bovet, throughout the 19th century Palestine was not really under the real authority of the Ottoman Empire, but with some exceptions the towns acted independently.

So how did the Palestinian Arabs act when they had a decent measure of autonomy?

Not at all like a people. In fact, they acted the opposite of how a people would act - they only fought each other and identified with their tribes and towns, not at all as Palestinians.

----

At least in 1883, there was clearly no "Palestinian people." It was just a bunch of towns and villages who would fight or ally as necessary, with no sense whatsoever of national unity or pride. And certainly none of these people self-identified as "Palestinian."

(full article online)

"Palestinian" autonomy in the 19th century ~ Elder Of Ziyon - Israel News
Your's people nonsense or stupid propaganda a lot of time go against you. Like this "few towns/villages gathered not identified as Palestinian" Jew did the same thing and invade the Native Arab Land, before no one knew Israel.

In honoring the contribution of the Jews of Palestine in helping to defeat the Turks the post-war world governing body, the League of Nations, agreed unanimously, including the Arab vote, to mandate the establishment in Palestine of the national home of the Jewish people encouraging them to pursue close settlement by Jews on the land, including State lands and waste lands not required for public purposes.

They did this in recognition of “the historic connection of the Jewish people with Palestine and to the grounds for reconstituting their national home in that country.”

It’s worth repeating. The League of Nations Mandate received the approval of the leading Arab voices who were satisfied that the local Arabs would not be harmed by this arrangement as stipulated by the condition that “nothing shall be done which might prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine.”

The Arab leaders agreed to the terms of the mandate because they were in line to receive their share of lands including Jordan, Syria, Iraq, and Lebanon.

A significant result of the Mandate was a further boost to the Zionist enterprise in mandated Palestine. The Jews in Palestine developed the land, built the infrastructure and the industries required to sustain a rapidly growing population.

The early pioneering spirit in Palestine was seen in the construction of the Palestine Electric Company in 1923 by Pinchas Rutenberg, a Palestinian Jew, the introduction of the Palestine Post in 1932 by another Palestinian Jew, Gershon Agron. This national, later international, newspaper became the Jerusalem Post in 1950. The Zionist enterprise needed to be financed and this was established by the Anglo-Palestine Bank in 1902 set up by Palestinian Jews which became Bank Leumi after Israel declared its independence in 1948. Palestinian Jewish farmers and tillers of the land created the unique collective agricultural settlements known as the kibbutz. The agronomists and geologists were Palestinian Jews.

In advance of statehood the Jews were busy developing the needs of a people deserving of a nation of their own. All this attracted a mass immigration of Arabs from the region into Palestine for economic reasons as a result of the Zionist enterprise.

(full article online)

The Palestinian pioneering spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back