The Official Discussion Thread for who is considered indiginous to Palestine?

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by Coyote, Dec 26, 2015.

?

Who are the indiginous people(s) of the Palestine region?

1. The people who currently identify as Jewish, regardless of where they were born

41.7%
  2. The people who currently identify as Palestinian, regardless of where they were born

10.4%
  3. Any people who aren't Muslim

6.3%
  4. Any people who aren't Jewish

4.2%
  5. People of various religions, who's ancestors have lived there for hundreds of years

60.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shusha

Shusha Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,658
    The Jewish people belong to the distinct cultural group which originated in that historical homeland. They share that culture, self-identify and are accepted into the group. Done.

Besides, how would you propose to go about "proving" they had ancestors there?

But it does demonstrate WHY you try to create this ridiculous disconnect between Israel and the Jewish people. You are deliberately trying to make the return "ludicrous".

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Shusha

Shusha Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,658
    Saying that Arabs have been there since the "beginning of time" is ludicrous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. P F Tinmore

P F Tinmore Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,893
    I didn't mention Arabs.

4. Sixties Fan

Sixties Fan Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,212
    Abbas does. Rehmani now does, and so too many others.

If not Arabs, who else are you referring to as having "the Right of Return" which is NOT the subject of this thread, as that was invented after 1967 when Jordan and Egypt lost the lands they had conquered in 1948?

And.....has nothing to do with the creation of Israel and the Mandate for Palestine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Shusha

Shusha Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,658

Yes, I know you didn't. You keep trying to pretend there is a group called "Palestinian" which is inclusive of both Arabs and some Jews. But there isn't.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Rehmani

Rehmani VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +174
    I will say this debate is won by the people of Palestine.
    By all means, It is proved now that Israelis are not indigenous to Holly Land (Jerusalem).
    Jew are invader, transitory, visitor and vagrant, gypsy, vagabond.
    Jew are every thing but not legitimate, indigenous and native to Holly Land at all.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. José

José Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +596
    You keep on showing my avatar. I don't know if you're aware of this, but the picture is of the actor Anthony Michael Hall.

[​IMG]

Never heard of him.... he is or was a good looking young man.

8. José

José Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +596
    By the way, I took a DNA test. Although it confirmed that I'm 100% European, there were also genetic markers indicating that I'm descended from ppl who originally came from the Middle East area.

I don't feel sorrow in the least. The results are exactly what I expected, including what the genetic markers say--that my ancestors came from the Middle East.

[​IMG]

The results were the exact opposite of what you expected them to be, ForeverYoung...

You wanted your DNA test to show you you were 100%, 70% or at least 40 % semitic, not 100% european!!!!

If you're DNA test confirmed you are 100% european, the genetic markers from the region around Syria you are so proud of correspond to a microscopic percentage of your genetic heritage.

Hundreds of millions of european christians, specially in Spain, Portugal and southern Italy also have a microscopic amount of semitic DNA so this has absolutely nothing to do with your religion.

Being 100% european means you are just like this guy:

[​IMG]

You are exactly what I said you were: an european whose ancestors converted to Judaism.

Again, I admire your honesty but what's the point in continuing this discussion?

What's the point in destroying a fantasy that brings you so much joy?

The fantasy that your ancestors were palestinian Jews who moved to Europe to escape the wrath of the roman legions.

Your grotesque misinterpretation of your own DNA test makes you happy and that's all that matters.

9. ForeverYoung436

ForeverYoung436 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,823
    The makers of this test don't know me and had no idea what I was looking for. Nevertheless, the report made a very big deal about the fact that my ancestors came from Syria, and they even put a star next to it on a map in included in my report. It was the only country on this map of the world with a star next to it. The test cost 35 dollars. For 100 dollars, I could've gotten a fuller report with details of the migration from the Syrian area to Europe, but I was not prepared to spend that kind of money. And then there is also that special Kohen chromosome, which I haven't even explored yet. Furthermore, you have still not explained the blond-haired, blue-eyed Palestinian poster child who slapped around the Israeli soldiers. So please do that.

10. rylah

rylah Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,913
    The common mistake of the Neo-Nazis, is to mask blood purity fantasies with linguistic cultural terms an DNA. Then follows a mad attempt at rating whole nations with that pseudoscience.

The theme of indigeneity is not about blood purity or DNA, but literally about preservation of a civilization , as quoted in the international law and definitions of the term.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019