The OLDER Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, you really need to pick up your game. Are you claiming that "real" Jews somehow use tampons differently than "fake" Jews? What? Do they keep them in? Store them in a box in the cupboard? Pass them down to their grandkids?

Now, if you wanted to make a better analogy, you would pick something less, you know, universally useful. A lipstick might work better. "...the same way a cheap whore takes off her lipstick when her husband comes home."

Just helping you out...
Zionists are using Judaism to advance a political ideology, much like the bullshit neocons in this country use Christianity.

That's crazy. That's like saying all Christians have ancestors in Palestine.

No, it is not the same at all. In fact, its the near opposite of what I am saying. The marker of indigeneity is to hold and pass down the culture, traditions, language, religious faith, and all the other markers of a specific peoples.

You mean evidence like Jews living in the Diaspora?
I mean there is no archaeological evidence that it occurred. Not to mention the logistics in moving a population that large across the desert.

Why would you need archaeological evidence that the Diaspora occurred when the evidence of its occurrence is in the clear existence of Jews in the Diaspora.

Why would you need archaeological evidence that the Diaspora occurred when the evidence of its occurrence is in the clear existence of Jews in the Diaspora.
You need archaeological evidence to prove there was an actual exodus. And quite frankly, I find it hard to believe the Egyptians had the technology or capabilities at the time, to move a large population of people (with all their things), across the open desert. Not to mention, why would any local government transfer a large portion of their work force away from the community. I mean, who would do the work, once they left?

You need archaeological evidence to prove there was an actual exodus. And quite frankly, I find it hard to believe the Egyptians had the technology or capabilities at the time, to move a large population of people (with all their things), across the open desert. Not to mention, why would any local government transfer a large portion of their work force away from the community. I mean, who would do the work, once they left?

:eusa_doh:
You try really hard to miss the point, don't You?
No one has to prove the exodus from Egypt to show that Jews have 3000 years of presence in the land of Israel. This is the most evident record in history of a connection between a nation and land.

Oh! You mean the Exodus from Egypt, not the Diaspora, which is self-evident.

Why would we need to prove the Exodus in order to prove the existence of the Jewish people? There is plenty of evidence for the latter, not the least of which being, living actual Jews.

As for why there is no archaeological evidence for it? Obviously, it didn't happen in the way it was written in Torah. Torah does not exist as a book of literal history. Its a book of faith. The stories are intended to reveal something about us and our relationship with the Divine. My guess is that we are looking for evidence either in the wrong place or in the wrong time. Egypt had considerable influence at certain times and was very much larger than it is today. It won territory, lost it, won it back. Numbers tend to be the least reliable parts of stories -- spans of time, numbers of people, ages of men. They tend to be largely symbolic. In all likelihood, the Exodus was much smaller, much shorter and much more local than is given in the story.

Where in the Torah is it written that it was the Egyptians who moved , transferred, a large portion of their work force?

May I guess that you read some translation of the Torah which has nothing to do with what is actually written in the Hebrew Torah, due to possible very bad translation, or even worse, any of the translators decision as to what should be written there?

Or have you come up with your own version of events as to what is written in the Torah?

Saying that the Egyptian Pharaohs actually planned that mass exodus of Jews, or anyone else......

No one has to prove the exodus from Egypt to show that Jews have 3000 years of presence in the land of Israel. This is the most evident record in history of a connection between a nation and land.
And those Jews are now the Palestinians you persecute.

And those Jews are now the Palestinians you persecute.
At want point during the last 3000 people, the Jewish people become Arabs from Arabia?

Oh! You mean the Exodus from Egypt, not the Diaspora, which is self-evident.

Why would we need to prove the Exodus in order to prove the existence of the Jewish people? There is plenty of evidence for the latter, not the least of which being, living actual Jews.

As for why there is no archaeological evidence for it? Obviously, it didn't happen in the way it was written in Torah. Torah does not exist as a book of literal history. Its a book of faith. The stories are intended to reveal something about us and our relationship with the Divine. My guess is that we are looking for evidence either in the wrong place or in the wrong time. Egypt had considerable influence at certain times and was very much larger than it is today. It won territory, lost it, won it back. Numbers tend to be the least reliable parts of stories -- spans of time, numbers of people, ages of men. They tend to be largely symbolic. In all likelihood, the Exodus was much smaller, much shorter and much more local than is given in the story.
If you want to bring up the Torah, then I ask you, "Why are Zionists breaking The Three Oaths"? It is my understanding Jews are to remain in exile, until God comes back down to earth.

Where in the Torah is it written that it was the Egyptians who moved , transferred, a large portion of their work force?

May I guess that you read some translation of the Torah which has nothing to do with what is actually written in the Hebrew Torah, due to possible very bad translation, or even worse, any of the translators decision as to what should be written there?

Or have you come up with your own version of events as to what is written in the Torah?

Saying that the Egyptian Pharaohs actually planned that mass exodus of Jews, or anyone else......
Oh, shut up!

Oh, shut up!

The Arabs calling themselves Palestinians could barely pronounce the 1st letter of the word.Funny thing, Jews returning from Arab countries knew exactly what 'Palestine' means, Arabs still don't.

Not too many Jews with the surname "the Egyptian", but a very common one among the Palestinians.

The Arabs calling themselves Palestinians could barely pronounce the 1st letter of the word.Funny thing, Jews returning from Arab countries knew exactly what 'Palestine' means, Arabs still don't.

Not too many Jews with the surname "the Egyptian", but a very common one among the Palestinians.
You expect people to take you seriously?

You expect people to take you seriously?
The Arabs do.

And they are the ones who count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back