The Obamacare Supreme Court Decision Thread

Did the Supreme Court ruling on Obamacare please or displease you?

• Total voters
So, now that the ruling has come down, how many conservatives are ready to move to Texas and urge Gov Oops to secede from the Union?

All kidding aside, there's an inherent psychological danger in becoming too emotionally invested in SC rulings like it's some kind of Indiana HS basketball championship.

On a lighter note, Mark Levin's show should be HIGHLY entertaining tonight since you just know you'll be able to feel the veins popping out in his temples as he rails against the ruling. But one thing should be clear at this point. Levin's much ballyhooed self-promotion as a constitutional expert is essentially in tatters, not that I ever thought much of his partisan-motivated arguments in the first place.

My advice, for what it's worth, is that people should relax, make plans for the weekend, and get away from all the so called expert talking heads who make their bones on everyone else's outrage. At least play some music on the car stereo for a change instead of listening to talk radio. Play some heavy metal to channel the anger. Then listen to something soothing. Drink some chamomile tea. Whatever you do, don't drive to DC, get drunk, and then shoot out Justice Roberts' front porch light while screaming about 2nd Amendment solutions because chances are your case will never make it to the SC, and if it does, the Justices likely won't buy your defense that you're a political prisoner.

You're going to be paying for my healthcare coverage. I'm quitting my job and going to sit on my ass while you pay for me.

Let me ask you a question. If you or someone in your family gets seriously ill or injured, who do you think pays for the treatments and all of those large doctor and hospital bills after you've paid your premiums, co-pays and other out-of-pocket expenses?

I don't want to hear a god damn thing you have to say . You are going to pay for my healthcare coverage.

no. it damages the country when the high court becomes a shill for the rightwingnuts and loses legitimacy as the final arbiter of the constitution.

i know that your partisanship means more to you, though.

I believe in the Constitution. I swore to uphold and defend it. I take my oath seriously. Which has been why I opposed Obamacare from the beginning.

nonsense... you opposed it because the voices on the right told you to.
Some people can think for themselves and don't need their opinions dictated to them.

I'll give you a moment to come to terms with that concept.

650 billion in new taxes over the next 10 years that effects those earning less then 250k a year...take that middle class and the poor.

So, now that the ruling has come down, how many conservatives are ready to move to Texas and urge Gov Oops to secede from the Union?

All kidding aside, there's an inherent psychological danger in becoming too emotionally invested in SC rulings like it's some kind of Indiana HS basketball championship.

On a lighter note, Mark Levin's show should be HIGHLY entertaining tonight since you just know you'll be able to feel the veins popping out in his temples as he rails against the ruling. But one thing should be clear at this point. Levin's much ballyhooed self-promotion as a constitutional expert is essentially in tatters, not that I ever thought much of his partisan-motivated arguments in the first place.

My advice, for what it's worth, is that people should relax, make plans for the weekend, and get away from all the so called expert talking heads who make their bones on everyone else's outrage. At least play some music on the car stereo for a change instead of listening to talk radio. Play some heavy metal to channel the anger. Then listen to something soothing. Drink some chamomile tea. Whatever you do, don't drive to DC, get drunk, and then shoot out Justice Roberts' front porch light while screaming about 2nd Amendment solutions because chances are your case will never make it to the SC, and if it does, the Justices likely won't buy your defense that you're a political prisoner.

A very good post, with just the right mix of sound advice and levity.

To be fair..they engaged in this sort of nonsense with Clinton as well. Conservatives are seriously not interested in preserving Democratic institutions.

What they want, ultimately, is that the common folk have no voice..or vote.

And that this country is ruled by very rich people.
You need to get your head CAT scanned.

It would turn up empty... Sallow's mildly retarded I think.
I think there's something growing in there.

Let me ask you a question. If you or someone in your family gets seriously ill or injured, who do you think pays for the treatments and all of those large doctor and hospital bills after you've paid your premiums, co-pays and other out-of-pocket expenses?

The insurance company does.

You're going to be paying for my healthcare coverage. I'm quitting my job and going to sit on my ass while you pay for me.

LOL

I hope you also enjoy the abject poverty that comes with your decision.

I believe in the Constitution. I swore to uphold and defend it. I take my oath seriously. Which has been why I opposed Obamacare from the beginning.

nonsense... you opposed it because the voices on the right told you to.
Some people can think for themselves and don't need their opinions dictated to them.

I'll give you a moment to come to terms with that concept.

Really? Then why do certain people affectionately refer to themselves as 'dittoheads'?

No different than if this was deemed unconstitutional.

I opposed the mandate because it doesnt solve the problem. It only makes sure we all have skin in the game.

And now that its "constitutional" the mandate is the biggest obstacle between us and a single payer system.

Last edited:

No different than if this was deemed unconstitutional.
Oh a big difference I would pay mine but I am quitting work and will not have any healthcare so the bill will be on you and anyone one else who supported this monster.

LOL

I hope you also enjoy the abject poverty that comes with your decision.
I have a skill and a trade I can work for cash. Now start paying my healthcare cover.

i just want to say i admire democrats. they always stick together. there was never any doubt roberts had 4 liberal votes to add to his.

Forum List

Back