The Obama..palatines true friend

eots

no fly list
Jan 6, 2007
IN TH HEARTS AND MINDS OF FREE MEN
October 04, 2008
The Obama-Khalidi Connection (updated)
Rick Moran

Middle East scholar Daniel Pipes will discuss the close relationship between Barack Obama and Rashid Khalidi - Palestinian supporter and the professor at Columbia University - on a special broadcast of "Hannity's America" which will air tomorrow night at 9:00 PM eastern time.

Khalidi is a former professor at the University of Chicago and was a close friend of Barack Obama and his wife Michelle. At a farewell dinner for Khalidi before he took the Columbia job, Obama 's speech was filled with glowing praise for his friend, including references to the many meals they had shared. He thanked Khalidi for opening his eyes about the problems of the Palestinians.

Khalidi himself has given vocal support to suicide bombers:

American Thinker Blog: The Obama-Khalidi Connection (updated)

It's not like you'd care anyway, so i'm not sure what the purpose is of posting smears.

Ugly insinuations about Barack Obama’s relationship with a former neighbor and university colleague, Rhashid Khalidi, are completely false.

Barack’s record on Israel is clear: he strongly supports the U.S.-Israel relationship. He believes that our first and incontrovertible commitment in the Middle East must be to the security of Israel, America’s strongest ally in the Middle East.

Barack and Joe Biden believe strongly in Israel’s right to protect its citizens. They have consistently supported foreign assistance to Israel. They have called for continuing U.S. cooperation with Israel in the development of missile defense systems.

Barack has nothing to hide: he has openly described his relationship with Rashid Khalidi:

“[Khalidi] is not one of my advisors; he’s not one of my foreign policy people. His kids went to the Lab school where my kids go as well. He is a respected scholar, although he vehemently disagrees with a lot of Israel’s policy…To pluck out one person who I know and who I’ve had a conversation with who has very different views than 900 of my friends and then to suggest that somehow that shows that maybe I’m not sufficiently pro-Israel, I think, is a very problematic stand to take…So we gotta be careful about guilt by association.”

Bipartisanship — getting along with people we disagree with — is something we prize in our politicians. For example, Barack has been widely praised for working with conservative Republican Senator Tom Coburn to pass a bill making government spending searchable over the Internet (Obama bio). So why should it be any different that Barack knows a respected scholar, former university colleague, and former neighbor who disagrees with him about Israel?

Smears, insults, and innuendo about the nature of Barack’s relationship with Khalidi are completely unfounded. Guilt-by-association is always a questionable tactic.

Fight the Smears: The Truth about Barack Obama and Rashid Khalidi

Forum List

Back