The Obama Administration's Genius Idea on the Debt Ceiling

It isn't rocket surgery you know.

We know how much income we have. You spend that income until you don't have it any more, and then you stop.

You include things in your budget like, payments on the interest of our debt, payments on our debt, payments on our security.......things like that.....

There will not be a need for a debt ceiling because you do not incur any more debt.

If a budget is balanced, there is no deficit to increase the debt. That means we need only apply enough interest payments on our debt to keep it from being added to the debt, while making a principle payment on that debt.

What is left over is what gets debated on how to be spent.
Rising population, ever greater challenges in some sectors and inflation means we will always have to raise the debt ceiling since when it comes right down to it we are politically incapable of further cutting spending or raising revenues. Accept it, deficit spending is here to stay as it is so much more politically safe than raising enough taxes to cover what we spend or cutting enough to meet our selfish desire to have our cake and eat it too.

So you propose to just throw in the towel on fiscal sanity in government?

Fuck, it's too early for this stupidity today...

I'm not proposing anything other than to give up on the idea that republicans are the road to meaningful deficit reduction, none of them are willing to really take the political fallout of deeply cutting spending and especially not raising taxes. All this crap over the last 4 years has been for no other reason than to protect the tax cuts at all costs and play at cutting spending.

I'm not proposing anything other than to give up on the idea that republicans are the road to meaningful deficit reduction, none of them are willing to really take the political fallout of deeply cutting spending and especially not raising taxes. All this crap over the last 4 years has been for no other reason than to protect the tax cuts at all costs and play at cutting spending.
Neither are the liberoidals....In fact, their only "solution" is to just keep spending until we become Argentina.

Rising population, ever greater challenges in some sectors and inflation means we will always have to raise the debt ceiling since when it comes right down to it we are politically incapable of further cutting spending or raising revenues. Accept it, deficit spending is here to stay as it is so much more politically safe than raising enough taxes to cover what we spend or cutting enough to meet our selfish desire to have our cake and eat it too.

I gave up on the idea of Republicants and Demoncraps doing ANYTHING worthwhile for the American people a LONG time ago. BOTH parties are infected with Progressive idiots and power hungry narcissists who use their positions as a means of personal enrichment and self-aggrandizement to the detriment of the citizenry.

Until you dumbed-down duopoly addicts kick your addiction to politics as a sporting event we will continue to slide into oblivion at an ever increasing pace.

Thanks a lot, assholes!

Neither are the liberoidals....In fact, their only "solution" is to just keep spending until we become Argentina.

You know that's not correct, Obama has been a lightweight in new spending measures compared with past presidents, convenient that you get to blame 30 years of of unfunded government spending on him. Republicans campaigned on deficit reduction as job number one but when it came time they had a bunch of sacred cows, coincidentally some of the biggest deficit exploding measures of the last thirty years, they never have gave a damn about the deficit when the had control and they do not care now.

You know that's not correct, Obama has been a lightweight in new spending measures compared with past presidents, convenient that you get to blame 30 years of of unfunded government spending on him. Republicans campaigned on deficit reduction as job number one but when it came time they had a bunch of sacred cows, coincidentally some of the biggest deficit exploding measures of the last thirty years, they never have gave a damn about the deficit when the had control and they do not care now.
You're just a plain old blind party man hack rube....One of the top reasons the nation is now swirling down the drain.

Like I said...Irresponsible and unpatriotic has now become genius, for no better reason than the (D) or (R) next to the name....The sheer willful stupidity of it is breathtaking.

You're just a plain old blind party man hack rube....One of the top reasons the nation is now swirling down the drain.

Like I said...Irresponsible and unpatriotic has now become genius, for no better reason than the (D) or (R) next to the name....The sheer willful stupidity of it is breathtaking.

You say that but we all know you would not be a tenth as hard on a big spending republican president and congress. If president Romney wanted to spend a trillion on a death star or sharks with lasers or just another lousy tax cut for the Chinese job creators you would be all for it.

You say that but we all know you would not be a tenth as hard on a big spending republican president and congress. If president Romney wanted to spend a trillion on a death star or sharks with lasers or just another lousy tax cut for the Chinese job creators you would be all for it.
You've just proved again what a blind stupid hack you are.

I busted the fuck out of Chimpola for spending like a drunken Kennedy (redundant, I know) for the first six years of his regime...Ask anyone who knows me.

vader-fail.jpg

I busted the fuck out of Chimpola for spending like a drunken Kennedy (redundant, I know) for the first six years of his regime...Ask anyone who knows me.

I'll put that on my to-do list right below finding those socks that keep disappearing in the laundry, how consistent you are does not actually concern me that much but I notice you join the chorus when people call Obama the biggest spender ever when it is just not even close to true absolving past republicans of their wild spending in the process.

I'll put that on my to-do list right below finding those socks that keep disappearing in the laundry, how consistent you are does not actually concern me that much but I notice you join the chorus when people call Obama the biggest spender ever when it is just not even close to true absolving past republicans of their wild spending in the process.

You really are a hack of the 1st degree. You rail on Oddball with this "you would not be a tenth as hard on a big spending republican president and congress", and when he hands you your ass on a platter for it you come back with this "how consistent you are does not actually concern me that much".

Make up your fucking mind, if you can find it in your sandbox, idiot!

You really are a hack of the 1st degree. You rail on Oddball with this "you would not be a tenth as hard on a big spending republican president and congress", and when he hands you your ass on a platter for it you come back with this "how consistent you are does not actually concern me that much".

Shitball does not need you to spring to his defense and you should have kept your head down, I should have said that "how consistant you SAY you are does not concern me much" because I know none of you are, the tax cuts for the wealthy and two recklessly big ground wars exploded the deficit like an Hbomb but you guys still defend that shit and want more.

Shove it up your ass, you whiny little punk.

Fact remains that I'm against all overspending and bureaucracy bloating, no matter who is doing it.

You're only against it when someone with an (R) by their name does the same thing, which makes you one of the biggest blind hacks on the forum, to go with being one of our top tier sniveling little bitches.

Shitball does not need you to spring to his defense and you should have kept your head down, I should have said that "how consistant you SAY you are does not concern me much" because I know none of you are, the tax cuts for the wealthy and two recklessly big ground wars exploded the deficit like an Hbomb but you guys still defend that shit and want more.
You really don't pay ANY attention to whom you address, and your ignorance knows no bounds. Please quote either one of us defending or supporting the wars in Iraq and/or Afghanistan, you lying shitbag.

And please tell me how those are 'tax cuts for the wealthy' when you want to KEEP them for all BUT the wealthy?

It is true, any way you care to measure it. Obama is God's gift to all the leaches and ticks in America.

Obama wants to raise taxes and spending, and it is the Republicans that are the problem. Typical idiocy from the ignoramuses who live in tents.

Obama wants to raise taxes and spending, and it is the Republicans that are the problem. Typical idiocy from the ignoramuses who live in tents and use police cars as toilets.

The deficit more than doubles under Obama and you think he is a lightweight spender, what an idiot.

The fact that you are an ignorant hack does not mean everyone else is.

Forum List

Back