The Night they Saved Christmas

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's a celebrity-parody vigilante tale poking fun at our consumerism-alienating and capitalism-subjective and media-hoarding 'TrumpUSA.'

The more I see of President Trump, the more I'm interested in our First Lady only...

However, I remain an optimistic U.S. citizen and a big big fan of the robbery/profiteerism culture parody films Quick Change and Small Time Crooks.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY USMB!

====

After watching the bank-robbery film Dog Day Afternoon starring John Cazale and Al Pacino, an idealistic Internet-blogging Armenian-American named Ajay Satan decided to blog a dare on World Discussion Forum:

"I dare American celebrity Tom Cruise (star of Top Gun and Rain Man) to join me in a daring PR-stunt gauged bank robbery of NYC's Mellon Bank on Halloween Eve 2017! We will walk in, wearing rabbit-masks, and claim to be PR 'diplomats' of the Trump Administration performing a special 'social deed' symbolic of anti-federalism angst in this new age of capitalism controversies (e.g., European Union, NATO, Wall Street, etc.)!"

Well, Cruise took Ajay up on the challenge after reading the blog on World Discussion Forum and the two met at a Starbucks near Mellon Bank on Halloween Bank 1 hour before the great 'PR-stunt' staged heist. No one arrested them, since the tellers and guards at the bank thought the duo really were sent by the Trump Administration to perform a special 'media PR stunt' on Halloween (especially since Ajay was carrying a video-camera with him!). The two made off with $3 million and gave it to a charity --- The Mario Lemieux Foundation for Hodgkin's Disease research. Ajay and Cruise called themselves The Halloween Hellraisers.

One month later, an anonymous note was sent to the NY Post:

"I have insider-information that the daring 'PR-stunt' gauged heist of Mellon Bank performed by two unknown men in rabbit-masks (rumored to be Ajay Satan and Tom Cruise) and 'sanctioned/condoned/pardoned' by the endowing U.S. President (Donald Trump) when he discovered the money went to a special charity (The Mario Lemieux Foundation) was actually a real robbery! In fact, Ajay and Cruise planned to achieve the robbery and really make an incisive statement about our 'consumerism-obsessed' Starbucks culture (i.e., 'TrumpUSA'). I challenge therefore the American public to laud this deed by the 'Halloween Hellraisers' anyway, since, in some ways, it has brought some pro-shopping cheer for this upcoming Christmas!"

The note, of course, was jointly-written by Ajay and Cruise, and Hollywood film-maker Woody Allen began planning a movie adaptation, appropriately titled The Night they Saved Christmas.

====

duet2.jpg

dda.jpg

The Rivalry

This addendum is in honor of the pronounced Boris Becker-Stefan Edberg Wimbledon (men's international tennis championship) rivalry that spanned three years (1988, 1989, 1990) and how it fits into our Cruise-Ajay 'matrix.'

I think this whole 'media-culture' and 'TrumpUSA' can be light-hearted and heck even fun...

====

AJAY: Well, we're both something like 'consumerism-culture' prophets.
CRUISE: Yes, the Halloween Hellraisers...
AJAY: As long as they call us 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid' and not 'Bonnie and Clyde,' I won't feel insulted!
CRUISE: Agreed.
AJAY: I feel like I'm Boris Becker (the 'upstart rogue') and you're Stefan Edberg (the 'celebrity gentleman') of media.
CRUISE: The Becker-Edberg rivalry is well known...
AJAY: The 1990 Wimbledon men's final match (5 sets) between the two is the greatest (and their last one!).
CRUISE: Yes, Edberg won that one in 5 sets, even after Becker came back from 2-0 down to even it up 2-2.
AJAY: It was very cool!
CRUISE: Do you think the powers-that-be will simply let us retire quietly with these laurels after our robbery PR stunts?
AJAY: Sure, they'll appreciate how we shined the spotlight on federalism and took away the American infamy of 'bandits.'
CRUISE: Yes, people think of bank robbers (i.e., Bonnie and Clyde) when they think of the 'wildness' of America.
AJAY: They will say you and I were fierce rivals, competing to see who was more shrewd (like Edberg and Becker!).
CRUISE: Well, a world without Edberg would be as eerie as a world without Becker...
AJAY: Agreed.
CRUISE: I think they'll make another movie about us titled The Destined Rivalry!
AJAY: I'd like Penny Marshall to direct that movie...
CRUISE: I'll ask her.

====

duet2.jpg

Forum List

Back