The next time somebody says "Happy Holidays"...

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
Run this past them on the origin of the word:

1500s, earlier haliday (c.1200), from old English haligdæg "holy day; Sabbath," from halig "holy" (see holy) + dæg "day" (see day); in 14c. meaning "religious festival."

Here they think they're being all clever and non-religious...

Wait until lefties find out about this!

1500s, earlier haliday (c.1200), from old English haligdæg "holy day; Sabbath," from halig "holy" (see holy) + dæg "day" (see day); in 14c. meaning "religious festival."

Happy winter solstice.

Happy Holidays isn't about being non-religious, you fucking idiot... it's about acknowledging more than one religious holiday during this season, some of which are even celebrated secularly.

If you're one of those fucking bitches like my dad's wife who goes APESHIT if somebody says Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas, then you have some fucking problems.

Last edited:

You are an idiot.

Happy Holidays isn't about being non-religious, you fucking idiot... it's about acknowledging more than one religious holiday during this season, some of which are even celebrated secularly.

If you're one of those fucking bitches like my dad's wife who goes APESHIT if somebody says Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas, then you have some fucking problems.

I used to work retail. I really hate those people.

While you're at it, why don't you tell us the origin of the term "strawman" as well.

My son and I went out to dinner tonight...when the server brought the check, she said "Happy Holidays", and I returned the sentiment. I wouldn't have cared if she'd said "Merry Christmas" or "enjoy your evening", I was just pleased to have received good service. I also understand that people can go to either extreme, so wishing a "Merry Christmas" could just as easily result in your head being bitten off by someone of another faith or no faith at all...damned if you do, damned if you don't.

My son and I went out to dinner tonight...when the server brought the check, she said "Happy Holidays", and I returned the sentiment. I wouldn't have cared if she'd said "Merry Christmas" or "enjoy your evening", I was just pleased to have received good service. I also understand that people can go to either extreme, so wishing a "Merry Christmas" could just as easily result in your head being bitten off by someone of another faith or no faith at all...damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Well if you were my dad's wife you would have yelled out, "NO! WE CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!"

You sure have a big mouth lefty hiding behind a computer. It's about majority rule and the majority of people are Christians in the U.S.

Now go fuck yourself punk.

The majority are christians? Sunday morning christians maybe. I remember going to church and seeing so many people who were clearly just there for some sort of social status.

Personally I believe organized religion to be one of the worst things that happened to mankind.

You sure have a big mouth lefty hiding behind a computer. It's about majority rule and the majority of people are Christians in the U.S.

How's this then, you're guilty of the fallacy of equivocation.

How very authoritarian of you.

The left started this bullshit by certain establishments forbidding employees many years back to say "Merry Christmas" because an atheist got his/her little feeling hurt.

The PC crowd got all butthurt over it and here we are....

Personally I could give a shit. I don't say Merry anything to anybody. :fu:

Aren't you just filled with the holiday spirit. :lol::lol::lol:

Well if you were my dad's wife you would have yelled out, "NO! WE CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!"

Nothing fills us with holiday cheer like someone using a Christmas greeting as a bludgeon.

:lol::lol::lol:

I may start saying "happy holidays" since religious fanatics take it as an insult. I say merry Christmas out of habit but getting reactionary assholes riled up over dumb shit is a gift that keeps on giving.

Nothing fills us with holiday cheer like someone using a Christmas greeting as a bludgeon.

:lol::lol::lol:

Damn it you.... I'm not pos rep'n you again today.

:tongue:

Forum List

Back