The next time somebody says "Happy Holidays"...

The left started this bullshit by certain establishments forbidding employees many years back to say "Merry Christmas" because an atheist got his/her little feeling hurt.

The PC crowd got all butthurt over it and here we are....

Personally I could give a shit. I don't say Merry anything to anybody. :fu:

It wasn't the 'PC crowd' that "butthurt over it"... it was Americans of all colors, creeds, religions, nationals, atheists, that were and are concerned about all Americans. It's called 'We the people'.

And Dec 25th is called Christmas.

And Yule.

The left started this bullshit by certain establishments forbidding employees many years back to say "Merry Christmas" because an atheist got his/her little feeling hurt.

It wasn't the 'PC crowd' that "butthurt over it"... it was Americans of all colors, creeds, religions, nationals, atheists, that were and are concerned about all Americans. It's called 'We the people'.

I like Dec the 25th because of the musical movie "Scrooge".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmjvAJS0_V4]December the 25th - YouTube[/ame]

Run this past them on the origin of the word:

1500s, earlier haliday (c.1200), from old English haligdæg "holy day; Sabbath," from halig "holy" (see holy) + dæg "day" (see day); in 14c. meaning "religious festival."

Here they think they're being all clever and non-religious...

Wait until lefties find out about this!

I may start saying "happy holidays" since religious fanatics take it as an insult. I say merry Christmas out of habit but getting reactionary assholes riled up over dumb shit is a gift that keeps on giving.

I think this stuff has really sullied the "holiday".

I just wish the left wouldn't make such a ruckus when a school wants to have an old fashioned "Christmas" play.

Goes both ways.
Personally I don't really get involved with PC issues so much, it is the haven for reactionaries on both ends of spectrum.

By the Pagans

Honestly when did Christmas become this huge pissing contest? Anyone have a timetable when this all started, The Warring over Christmas? I know it has not been around all of my life.

Merry Christmas, all. If you don't like that, ignore me. I don't get bent out of shape over people saying Happy Hanukkah and will happily say that to someone if I know they are Jewish. I get upset with those who take offense to what others do when it really doesn't affect them in any way. I don't want flak for having Christmas decorations, yellow ribbons or an American flag flying at my house. Some act as if they've been assaulted by having to even see some things. I am not hurting anyone by decorating my house the way I want. People can look away if they have issues, but they can leave me the hell alone.

People need to live and let live and quit trying to force people to stop expressing themselves or change the way they express themselves.

If you don't like businesses who refuse to utter the word, "Christmas", then don't shop at them. Simple enough.

Last edited:

1500s, earlier haliday (c.1200), from old English haligdæg "holy day; Sabbath," from halig "holy" (see holy) + dæg "day" (see day); in 14c. meaning "religious festival."

OK...Don't be happy! Be miserable!

I love Christmas cause it never fails to get thre asshole atheist libtards progressives in the seasonal hate mode over a man who promoted P E A C E! Ain't that a hoot?

Why lefties??

I love Christmas cause it never fails to get thre asshole atheist libtards progressives in the seasonal hate mode over a man who promoted P E A C E! Ain't that a hoot?

Well this atheist doesn't hate christmas. For me it is a constant source of amusement seeing all these people who mostly cannot afford it get suckered into feeling guilty if they don't buy a bunch of overpriced crap for people they wouldn't spend any money on at all if it were not for this fake holiday. Most of em charge this shit on credit cards and end up spending months paying it off. Good times!

:lol:

Honestly when did Christmas become this huge pissing contest? Anyone have a timetable when this all started, The Warring over Christmas? I know it has not been around all of my life.

I think it started in the late 70's, early 80's. Or maybe that's just when I noticed it.

Well this atheist doesn't hate christmas. For me it is a constant source of amusement seeing all these people who mostly cannot afford it get suckered into feeling guilty if they don't buy a bunch of overpriced crap for people they wouldn't spend any money on at all if it were not for this fake holiday. Most of em charge this shit on credit cards and end up spending months paying it off. Good times!

What really pisses you off is seeing them enjoy themselves. Sucks to be ewe.

What really pisses you off is seeing them enjoy themselves. Sucks to be ewe.

More sheep, Willow?

Definitely a topic for another thread. The crap people buy year after year at Christmas.

Definitely a topic for another thread. The crap people buy year after year at Christmas.

I don't buy crap. I usually gift the kids with money and let them do their own shopping then I go buy them all gift certificates for movie and popcorn they always like that.

I don't buy crap. I usually gift the kids with money and let them do their own shopping then I go buy them all gift certificates for movie and popcorn they always like that.

Well aren't you the precious little consumer! :clap2: I'm just as certain as there is a heaven that Jeeebus would do the same thing!

The world is ending so no need to shop for crap this year...or ever.

Save your money for your End of the World Party. I am having one. Anyone else?

Who is riding with me? Going up or going down? :D

Then there are people like me who shop after Christmas. Love those sales for the good stuff. Stuff they price at $20 can be as cheap as $5 later on. Oh well, I'm a bargain hunter all year round, so I don't go in debt. The people who go crazy with credit cards at Christmas probably do that all year around anyway. Credit cards are evil. I have a few and use them now and then just to keep my credit score up, but a person shouldn't charge more than they can pay off in a month or two.

Forum List

Back