The New Thanksgiving Ritual

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Aunts, uncles, cousins, kids coming to Grandma's house. The first thing that is done is to get everyone connected to Grandma's wi-fi...adults with their i-phones and tablets, and kids with their various screens. Exchanging passwords, etc.

No more spending the first hour or so going over all the Old Farts' medical problems and conditions.

Isn't the advance of technology wonderful?

Aunts, uncles, cousins, kids coming to Grandma's house. The first thing that is done is to get everyone connected to Grandma's wi-fi...adults with their i-phones and tablets, and kids with their various screens. Exchanging passwords, etc.

No more spending the first hour or so going over all the Old Farts' medical problems and conditions.

What?...Don't you little bandwidth moochers have your own data?

Having none, I be sitting in the corner thinking "what a bunch of broken down old farts that my peers are".
Being in my late 60s I have my fair share but I don't discuss them when out and about.

Number 1 some of the old farts are like washer women with their gossip, anything you tell them will be talked about the next day the morning eatery.

I got so I won't even do any gun deals around them.....I swear, I bought a real nice Winchester Model 92 for a fair price and had people come up to me I barely knew asking me to sell it to them.....WTF?

Come to find out some old fart that hangs about the shop told of my deal at the morning eatery. I read both the shop and the old fart the riot act over it.

Then again I'm just one of those types that if you ask me not to say anything it's like a switch that flips.....I'll never say anything. My dad was the same way.

Then again I'm just one of those types that if you ask me not to say anything it's like a switch that flips.....I'll never say anything. My dad was the same way.
I'm that way too, it boils down to just having respect for others. The workplace gossips are the first people I never speak to again after retirement, want nothing to do with these people.

I'm that way too, it boils down to just having respect for others. The workplace gossips are the first people I never speak to again after retirement, want nothing to do with these people.
LOL....I recalled something just the other day that a guy (long passed) asked my not to say anything about. Till I heard his name mentioned I had forgot all about it.....Funny how the mind works.

Being in my late 60s I have my fair share but I don't discuss them when out and about.

Number 1 some of the old farts are like washer women with their gossip, anything you tell them will be talked about the next day the morning eatery.

I got so I won't even do any gun deals around them.....I swear, I bought a real nice Winchester Model 92 for a fair price and had people come up to me I barely knew asking me to sell it to them.....WTF?

Come to find out some old fart that hangs about the shop told of my deal at the morning eatery. I read both the shop and the old fart the riot act over it.

I've slowly learned in my circle of "friends", whom you don't want to say things in front of if you don't want them repeated...Some of the guys I know are worse gossips than the washer woman types.

Forum List

Back