The new "Halloween" movie...? A conservative film? The moral? Girls need guns?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Here is a look at the new "Halloween" movie, and apparently, according to this film reviewer, it has conservative messages ....... in particular...Girls need guns...

Gun-Loving Right-Wing Halloween | National Review

Awaiting the inevitable escape of Michael, Laurie has become a full-on prepper, with a panic room and an arsenal so large it would make Charles C. W. Cooke whistle with admiration. (An unexpected side benefit of the film is that Jamie Lee Curtis, a supporter of additional gun regulation, felt the need to clarify her position last week. “I fully support the Second Amendment,” she declared, which makes her far-right by Hollywood standards.) Laurie’s daughter comes to rethink her previous contention that Mom is paranoid.

The climactic scenes, with many male corpses strewn about the scenery but three women standing tall, constitute a witty reframing of one of Hollywood’s most consuming notions these days: that to be female is to be under threat. If so, Green’s movie replies, women should fight back. With shotguns.

Here is a look at the new "Halloween" movie, and apparently, according to this film reviewer, it has conservative messages ....... in particular...Girls need guns...

Awaiting the inevitable escape of Michael, Laurie has become a full-on prepper, with a panic room and an arsenal so large it would make Charles C. W. Cooke whistle with admiration. (An unexpected side benefit of the film is that Jamie Lee Curtis, a supporter of additional gun regulation, felt the need to clarify her position last week. “I fully support the Second Amendment,” she declared, which makes her far-right by Hollywood standards.) Laurie’s daughter comes to rethink her previous contention that Mom is paranoid.

The climactic scenes, with many male corpses strewn about the scenery but three women standing tall, constitute a witty reframing of one of Hollywood’s most consuming notions these days: that to be female is to be under threat. If so, Green’s movie replies, women should fight back. With shotguns.
Liberals like using guns in their movies, use hired armed security guards, and live inside gated neighborhoods, but don't want us locked and loaded.
Democrats want to disarm us so we can't stop them from taking our property, or defend ourselves from mobs and thugs.

Then they incite violence and tell people to harass us everywhere we go. They don't want us shooting Antifa assholes on the streets, which would be doing a favor for everyone.

The only Halloween that scared me was John Carpenter's original. I got tired of these constant Halloween movie, money-grabbing rehashes years ago. And since I've boycott Hollywood and its pedo epidemic a few years ago, I refuse to go to the movies any longer.

The only Halloween that scared me was John Carpenter's original. I got tired of these constant Halloween movie, money-grabbing rehashes years ago. And since I've boycott Hollywood and its pedo epidemic a few years ago, I refuse to go to the movies any longer.

It is amazing that there is no blood shown in "Halloween" the original.

It is amazing that there is no blood shown in "Halloween" the original.

That's because a truly expert horror film tricks your imagination into thinking you saw blood and guts. Like in various scenes in Ridley Scott's Alien. Or in a way, it's like Hitchcock's shower scene in Psycho; you don't actually see the knife entering the body, but the the way it's filmed & cut, you think you see the knife plunging into the flesh. It's a clever trick a good enough director can use to manipulate the audience. It doesn't take that much blood & guts to make a scary movie incredibly scary and nerve-racking.

Or in Alien, you only get a few, split-second shots of the gruesome things the alien was doing to Parker & Lambert. But their agonized death screams Ripley hears over the comm. system fills in the rest of your imagination of how brutally the alien killed those two.

Last edited:
More on the 2nd Amendment and the Movie...

'Halloween' Is A Fresh Reminder Of The Value Of The Second Amendment

The portrayal of guns in “Halloween” reinforces their important, but sometimes less appreciated role as the “great equalizer” between men and women.
------

“Halloween” delivers not only an entertaining horror film but also a stiff dose of individual liberty. Whether the celebration was intentional or not is irrelevant. The mere production of such a portrayal constitutes reverence enough.

Too much Mary Sue. It was PC liberal garbage so I can’t enjoy anything.

I haven't seen it yet so here is a question....a "marry sue" is a female character who is automatically good at anything she does...right? But isn't it part of the story that the main character spent her life getting ready for his possible escape? So would that really make her a "mary sue?" Just asking....

Like Sarah Conner in Terminator sequels....she didn't start out knowing things but spent her life training and getting ready? While the girl from the new Star Wars films knows how to outfly an Imperial Fighter Pilot having never flown any aircraft before....and defeat a Jedi knight trained since youth in a light saber fight.....?

I haven't seen it yet so here is a question....a "marry sue" is a female character who is automatically good at anything she does...right? But isn't it part of the story that the main character spent her life getting ready for his possible escape? So would that really make her a "mary sue?" Just asking....
Some woman against an immortal demon and winning. Yeah, she “prepared.” PC liberal trash.

Forum List

Back