The New Covenant: Who still believes it?

Does christianity teach that Jesus is required for salvation for Non jews only?

• Yes. Christianity teaches that Christ is for non jews, the jew's covenant is still inact.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
How can anyone know if they are "saved" or not? We may believe in something thinking it will save us, but none of us can really know it until we die.

The question posed was a matter of beliefs, not facts we can't back up.

How can anyone know if they are "saved" or not? We may believe in something thinking it will save us, but none of us can really know it until we die.

I know in whose hands my soul resides after death. That's the beauty of Christ - he tells me, and I believe him. :)

The Holy Ghost. When He is your companion you know you are in good shape. If not, then its questionable.

As far as I'm concerned, anybody claiming there's a way to heaven through any means other than forgiveness through Jesus Christ is calling Jesus a liar, and I take exception to that. Throughout the Old Testament are prophecies about a savior, known as the Messiah, which would come to free the Jews from bondage and save them all from destruction. Jesus fulfilled every one of those prophecies. He is the Messiah spoken of in the scriptures of the Old Testament. On Earth, he was a Jew and was sent to Earth for the benefit of the Jews. When the Jews rejected him, he opened up to the Gentiles. Originally, as was told in the parable, the salvation Jesus offered to the Gentiles was to be table scraps compared to what was given to the Jews. The Jews, however, rejected this salvation, and the Gentiles picked up "what was dropped onto the floor." The Jews held salvation in their hands, but now, they have to get it the same way everybody else does. As God's chosen people, they still have a big part to play in the course of the planet, but they are not entitled to any special form of salvation. They passed on that long ago.

Because the messenger was asked two simple questions early in this thread and he refused to answer both on grounds he will incriminate himself, he won't lie either because saying he is saved but not actually being would be an unforgiveable lie in God's eyes.

I will not be proselytized to by a nonbeliever.

Tell us more about the leeway doctrine! :rotflmao:

I gotta admit--the leeway doctrine intrigues me too. More so than if RW got dipped ot not.

The leeay I was talking about has to do with God's mercy. If there is no mercy then why bring in a priest to pray with a convicted murderer like say Tookie Williams who would not repent?

I believe that God's limits on his mercy are unknown.

The leeay I was talking about has to do with God's mercy. If there is no mercy then why bring in a priest to pray with a convicted murderer like say Tookie Williams who would not repent?

I believe that God's limits on his mercy are unknown.

In other words "Why try" ?. God MIGHT forgive everything?

It doesn't matter re: what christianity teaches, but yes I have been baptized, in the episcopal church.

Two days, two fucking days to answer a simple yes or no question, now you wonder why people think you are nothing but an obfuscator and evader.

Oh and yes it does matter. Why don't you go and join a church where the preacher is not baptized, see how much respect he is given.

Two days, two fucking days to answer a simple yes or no question, now you wonder why people think you are nothing but an obfuscator and evader.

Oh and yes it does matter. Why don't you go and join a church where the preacher is not baptized, see how much respect he is given.

For more prompt sevice, please post relevant questions. Thank you for your patronage.
:gang1:

Then God would have to include ANYONE who refrained from things, no?

See? Christ established something - a concept? a plan? Before Christ, the path to heaven was 'earned' thru animal sacrifice, and ritual. Christ changed the path from "DO" to "Done". After Christ no amount of following 'law' would bring salvation. Christ was the final sacrifice for our sins, and ONLY asks that people believe it. The work of following rules is done. Christian's don't want to sin for fear of breaking LAW - Christians don't want to sin for fear of breaking God's heart. We don't want to sin because sin drives a wedge between us and Holiness/God.

Precisely right, and necessary, because we "all sin and fall short of the glory of God". Simply put, no one, no matter how pious, can follow the "law" well enough to earn Heaven.

Precisely right, and necessary, because we "all sin and fall short of the glory of God". Simply put, no one, no matter how pious, can follow the "law" well enough to earn Heaven.

Then Christians enter heaven the same way Muslims do except Christians say that they accept Jesus Christ as thier savior and not Mohammed?

Then Christians enter heaven the same way Muslims do except Christians say that they accept Jesus Christ as thier savior and not Mohammed?

The Bible is clear about how Christians can gain salvation, and ultimately Heaven. I'm sorry, but I do not know what Muslims do to enter Heaven, besides killing infidels, anyway. ;)

The Bible is clear about how Christians can gain salvation, and ultimately Heaven. I'm sorry, but I do not know what Muslims do to enter Heaven, besides killing infidels, anyway. ;)

Seriously--doesn't gaining salvation imply that something has to be done to obtain it?

Forum List

Back