The New Covenant: Who still believes it?

Does christianity teach that Jesus is required for salvation for Non jews only?

• Yes. Christianity teaches that Christ is for non jews, the jew's covenant is still inact.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
Who believes that christianity teaches that christ's death marked a new covenant for all of humanity? And that ALL humans must be save through christ?

How many believe that christianity teaches christ's death covenant marked a new covenant with non jews and that gods covenant with the jews is still intact, and the jews, therefore, do not need jesus for salvation?

I just picked the closest choice to my beliefs... I don't believe the Jews' covenant was cancelled; the old covenant never gave salvation. The old covenant was fulfilled (not cancelled) in Jesus Christ, and salvation given through Him. Salvation can only be gained through Jesus, and that goes for anyone in the world-- Jewish, Catholic, Protestant, Buddhist, Agnostic, etc.

• Banned
I just picked the closest choice to my beliefs... I don't believe the Jews' covenant was cancelled; the old covenant never gave salvation. The old covenant was fulfilled (not cancelled) in Jesus Christ, and salvation given through Him. Salvation can only be gained through Jesus, and that goes for anyone in the world-- Jewish, Catholic, Protestant, Buddhist, Agnostic, etc.

Fulfilled, cancelled, ended. six of one, half dozen of the other.

This basic christian teaching is being CHANGED for political reasons.

The wholly batshit crazy invention of "dispensationalism" is being taught in it's place.

The Catholic Church, for one.

Just curious--I don't think I've actually every heard anyone " preach " dispensationalism. I thought it was just a kooky fad to try to get Jews and Christians together. ( I know--the "fad" has been around for awhile ).

• Banned
Just curious--I don't think I've actually every heard anyone " preach " dispensationalism. I thought it was just a kooky fad to try to get Jews and Christians together. ( I know--the "fad" has been around for awhile ).

Kooky fad is very accurate. It's purely political, invented by masons, and sold with a strong dose of "nazi guilt".

The Catholic Church, for one.

I was raised Catholic, my extended family is Catholic, some of my best friends are Catholic. Most Catholic Christians I know don't believe this. It may be a fringe group of Catholics, but most of the Catholics I know don't believe this, and I was never taught this in my VERY Catholic upbringing.

• Banned
I was raised Catholic, my extended family is Catholic, some of my best friends are Catholic. Most Catholic Christians I know don't believe this. It may be a fringe group of Catholics, but most of the Catholics I know don't believe this, and I was never taught this in my VERY Catholic upbringing.

Yes. Well. Things change.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2002/131/52.0.html
The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops this week released a document titled Reflections on Covenant and Mission, which said Christians should not evangelize Jews. "[The] evangelizing task no longer includes the wish to absorb the Jewish faith into Christianity and so end the distinctive witness of Jews to God in human history," the bishops said. " Thus, while the Catholic Church regards the saving act of Christ as central to the process of human salvation for all, it also acknowledges that Jews already dwell in a saving covenant with God."

No comment, yet an article.

There's no doubt that that dispensationalism is a whole lot of weirdness with controversies even within it's various subfactions. What gets me is the blatant statement in the first article I linked to that jews already dwell in a saving covenant and have no need of christ, essentially. That is straight up apostasy. Don't get me wrong, I'm for a society tolerant of all religions who don't advocate bombing the non-believers. But THAT is not the SAME as the trend I see towards changing the actual teachings of christianity so jews are happier about it.

'what SHE wrote. :)

I have but one argument. It's John 14:6:

I think Jews are included in everybody.

Yep. That's a pretty clear phrase. So what does this mean?: From the above article "Thus, while the Catholic Church regards the saving act of Christ as central to the process of human salvation for all, it also acknowledges that Jews already dwell in a saving covenant with God." This is moving the church towards noahidism.

Are you saved RWA? Are you baptised in the name of the father, the son and the holy ghost? Or as I suspect is this another thinly disguised attack upon Jews?

Are you saved RWA? Are you baptised in the name of the father, the son and the holy ghost? Or as I suspect is this another thinly disguised attack upon Jews?

This is a thread about what christianity teaches. Christianity does not teach jews are god's chosen people even without jesus; that's judaism.

This is a thread about what christianity teaches. Christianity does not teach jews are god's chosen people even without jesus; that's judaism.

Are you qualified to tell us what Christianity teaches? Do you have extensive studies in this area?

Again, are you saved?

Are you qualified to tell us what Christianity teaches? Do you have extensive studies in this area?

Again, are you saved?

I'm entitled to an opinion. And mine is one which can be backed up easily with scripture. It's the classic christian teaching.

The church today is under political pressure to CHANGE it's teaching, and it is changing it.

What's your opinion, oca?

Forum List

Back