The National Popular vote, myths of small pop states and cities.

Time to get rid of the Electoral College:

Myths About Big Cities

That is a straw man argument. It’s not about the cities, it’s about the 50 United States. There were several factors why our founders preferred the electoral system. One factor- electoral college was a compromise made by the largely populated states to the smaller states in order to appease the concern from the small states about being controlled by the voters in other states.

Here is a link which will help the OP understand what the founders were thinking. Read it, and burn your straw man while you’re at it.

Reward Center

The current use of the electoral college bears no resemblance to what the founders set up,

The flaw in the current use of the electoral college is that almost all the states award all the electoral votes to the winning candidate, no matter how small a margin he or she won the state by.

Well you might be mathematically challenged if you can't see that PROPORTIONING the e-votes is almost redundant to a straight pop vote. It's just a more inaccurate popular vote if you do that. Except in the states with ONLY 1 or 3 e-votes. Then ---- the fun begins and the VOTE becomes HIGHLY inaccurate under proportioning. Especially with the FOUR party system that this nation OUGHT to have.

Wow do I wish we had at least 4 legitimate parties to choose from!

And the second one with the most votes becomes the VP.

I would have no problem with that, more checks and balances!

You didn't listen to the video. I can tell.

long enough to realize it was the same old talking points.

I repeat

:haha:

Read the book.

Sorry, I gave up comic books when Robin became NIghtWing

Give it a chance, I never read comic books.

When a popular vote banned gay marriage in California did the left say well okay the people have spoken? HELL NO they ran to the courts to overturn the will of the people and the popular vote. OH SNAP!

The RWnuts like you suddenly loved mob rule when the homophobes won that referendum.

Go ahead explain the left's hypocrisy, either they support popular votes or they don't you can't have it both ways. I know bbb...but :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

I'd like a national referendum on gun laws.

Liberals have no idea where food comes from, try to get rid of the EC so you can impose your will on us we'll starve you fools into submission. :muahaha:

The biggest agricultural state in the nation is California, fucktard.

East California run by Republican farmers will join us, you will starve. We will also cut off your water supply.

I don't know what world you live in, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to live there.

When a popular vote banned gay marriage in California did the left say well okay the people have spoken? HELL NO they ran to the courts to overturn the will of the people and the popular vote. OH SNAP!

The RWnuts like you suddenly loved mob rule when the homophobes won that referendum.

Go ahead explain the left's hypocrisy, either they support popular votes or they don't you can't have it both ways. I know bbb...but :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

I'd like to see one on Islam.

That is a straw man argument. It’s not about the cities, it’s about the 50 United States. There were several factors why our founders preferred the electoral system. One factor- electoral college was a compromise made by the largely populated states to the smaller states in order to appease the concern from the small states about being controlled by the voters in other states.

Here is a link which will help the OP understand what the founders were thinking. Read it, and burn your straw man while you’re at it.

Reward Center

The current use of the electoral college bears no resemblance to what the founders set up,

The flaw in the current use of the electoral college is that almost all the states award all the electoral votes to the winning candidate, no matter how small a margin he or she won the state by.

Well you might be mathematically challenged if you can't see that PROPORTIONING the e-votes is almost redundant to a straight pop vote. It's just a more inaccurate popular vote if you do that. Except in the states with ONLY 1 or 3 e-votes. Then ---- the fun begins and the VOTE becomes HIGHLY inaccurate under proportioning. Especially with the FOUR party system that this nation OUGHT to have.

We should have all independents.

No you would like to deflect because I just obliterated your entire popular vote nonsense. California liberals refuse to accept the results of a popular vote, while demanding popular votes. Just assume I mocked you for several more posts :auiqs.jpg:

Myths About Big Cities

As long as the Democratic Party promotes illegal voting and resists all attempts to secure legal voting across America .. it's a rotten idea.

DUe9g_ZVoAEXtft.jpg

11200603_654043434726488_2386055331301269327_n.jpg

Liberals have no idea where food comes from, try to get rid of the EC so you can impose your will on us we'll starve you fools into submission. :muahaha:

East California run by Republican farmers will join us, you will starve. We will also cut off your water supply.

You have been working on it , also polluting it.

Yes the left's hatred of farmers is well known, anything else? You haven't spewed hate at Christians yet.

I don't know what world you live in, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to live there.

I'm just telling you boneheads how its going to be, you only think you have power. Control over food and water, that's power has been for thousands of years. When you idiots get hungry enough and thirsty enough you will come begging us on your knees.

You didn't listen to the video. I can tell.

long enough to realize it was the same old talking points.

I repeat

:haha:

Read the book.

Sorry, I gave up comic books when Robin became NIghtWing

Give it a chance, I never read comic books.

Just because it doesn't have a lot of pictures, doesn't mean it's not a comic book.

Might as well drop it, little girl.

it's talking points, and not worth my time

and increase the chances of a civil war?

One side: You went too far

Other side: You didn't go far enough

We should have all independents.

That would be the ultimate, but never gonna happen. Agendas are far more important.

Myths About Big Cities

Reward Center

That’s true, and do you know why they do that? So they have a voice. If you’re among one of the 20 or so states with 10 electoral votes or less, and you divide those electoral votes based on popular vote, you essentially leave little reason for a canidate to recognize you. A purple/swing state with 10 electoral votes will only draw the attention of candidates when they have a big prize. It’s math, so I get why it’s hard for some people.

The founders thought the electoral college would keep guys like Trump from winning. That's the best irony here.

Actually, they thought it would keep people like Hellary from winning too. In this most recent case, it was a douche bag or turd sandwich.

If the left wants elections decided by majority rules so bad let’s elect the President by who wins the most states.
So with a minority of the popular vote again? No, dumbass.
So in other words you want an election process you know will favor the Democrats which we all know a straight popular vote would do just like the majority state vote would favor Republicans. You on the left aren’t fooling anyone about why you really want to end the electoral college.
View attachment 178619
Lol so you just admitted there are more Democrats in this country.

God forbid the GOP have to try to appeal to more people. I guess you know they can’t.

If you look at where the GOP (or conservatives) are strong like the south and middle of the country they are less populated.

The Democrats (or liberals) it is in the densely populated north and west coast.

I grew up in the NY/NJ area and visit the area often people literally live on top of each other. What does that mean? More rules, regulations, cops etc. You almost have to be a liberal to live there.

I now live in the south. My wife's family live in the country (a mile or two between houses). It takes a half hour for a cop to show up and they have part time ambulance.

There is no way for there to be more conservatives. The people have a totally different experience with government.

Forum List

Back