the NAACP against random searches in NYC !!

So... you're for random people being detained and searched by police with no probable cause?

Sounds like a Fascist nightmare-state to me...

Isn't there something in the 5th amendment about that? Ah yes, I remember now:

nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law

Yeah, that's be the one.

So... you're for random people being detained and searched by police with no probable cause?

Yeah, that's be the one.

May I guess that you are also against the rolling Road Blocks also known as DUI Checkpoints?

They are searching you. They have seized you. You are not free to go about your way until they release you.

They stop you from moving forward.

They ask you some questions.

They follow specific guidelines to determine "probable cause".

If there is probable cause, they do search and seizure.

In the New York stop and searches, they detain you and physically search you. Period.

No probable cause, no reading of rights, nothing.

They are searching you. They have seized you. You are not free to go about your way until they release you.

In the New York stop and searches, they detain you and physically search you. Period.

The last time I was caught up in one of these "safety checkpoints", I asked if I was free to go as soon as the officer came to my car.

When he said "No" I asked under what specific authority I was being detained under. I then quoted the 4th Amendment to the officer.

He looked at me, looked in the backseat of my car, which usually looks like a bomb has gone off back there, and said it would take too long to search my car, so he waived me through.

The last time I was caught up in one of these "safety checkpoints", I asked if I was free to go as soon as the officer came to my car.

When he said "No" I asked under what specific authority I was being detained under. I then quoted the 4th Amendment to the officer.

He looked at me, looked in the backseat of my car, which usually looks like a bomb has gone off back there, and said it would take too long to search my car, so he waived me through.

Because:

1. You knew your rights, and he would have no room to do much without some serious probable cause.

and

2. Quoting the 4th amendment with a cogent argument is not something that a drunk driver would normally do, thus doing away with probable cause.

And, may I say, well done.

It's funny that some people understand that banning all guns would be bad even though it would save a lot of lives, but don't get the exact same principle is behind pulling over negroes without good cause even though it has saved lives.

Remember that Ben Franklin quote second amendment defenders like to quote about liberty and security and being deserving and all that?

Yeah. Same thing when the 4th amendment is at stake. It's the SAME Constitution!

Last edited:

Yeah, that's be the one.

May I guess that you are also against the rolling Road Blocks also known as DUI Checkpoints?

I bet if you try really, really hard, you can figure out the difference between targeting someone because of the color of their skin for a search and a random DUI checkpoint check.

Yeah, that's be the one.
they are going into gang infested neighborhoods and searching people acting suspiciously ..and it is working.. the the drop in the crime rate proves this fact !!

they are going into gang infested neighborhoods and searching people acting suspiciously ..and it is working.. the the drop in the crime rate proves this fact !!

The crime rate is always lower in fascist states.

And the production rate is generally higher too.

That doesn't justify the fascism.

the NAACP against random searches in NYC !!

Aren't you?

Never mind the fact that NYC now has the lowest homicide rate it has had in 50 yrs ,and that an estimated 10,000 less deaths have occurred in the black community because of these searches !! N.Y. police challenged on illegal stops and searches ? USATODAY.com

So violating people's Constitutional rights and implementing a police state where we're constantly under suspect of law enforcement simply by walking down the street is perfectly okay with you if people are "safe?" You'd have fit right in with the Gestapo and the KGB.

Sounds like you could beat it in Court even if you did have something to hide.

You're lucky he didn't toss in some drugs.

Think of it! The N.A.A.C.P. has joined the radical right in calling for adherence to the constitution!

Being stopped by the police randomly is punishment without a crime and without a trial. One is deprived of liberty of movement and suffers loss of time without even being charged. It is obviously unconstitutional. So, how is it that the Supreme Court upheld it? Talk about the power of P.C! M.A.D.D. was very active and no one seemed to be disturbed about freedoms lost.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back