The Myth of the Moderate Muslim

In the 20th Century more people....millions upon millions....were killed by murdering asshole atheist fascists and commies....

I thought the subject was God, if your point is humans can naturally become ugly murderers than I agree. Irregardless of religion people will do horrible things to each other.

However I don't see religions devoted to Stalin, but I do see them devoted to the God who did the same things as him.

Belief is Belief......religious or not....

Muslims believe in Sharia Law.....this is not "moderate"....at least not in America....

How many practice Sharia Law in America?

I don't give a damn what a tiny minority of sign-yielding protestors say. Whether they're muslims who want sharia law or westboro christians who say everyone is evil.

Dakota Voice/Gina Miller/3-8-11

You have seen the result of looking @ Islam through anything but darkly tinted rose colored glasses.
You will not find a free thinker who has the will to find out who, exhibits rational doubt about prevailing intellectual fashions, who is committed to truth and critical thought.
If they were true intellectuals their criticism and search from truth would not stop at Islam. Islam can not be investigated.
Mention Islam and the knee jerking begins

This is not just the uniformed illiterate left on the street it goes to the right and to the highest levels of the government and "educations institutes"
They are the new useful idiots .
A clamoring herd of intellectual cowards.

What was common knowledge about Islam 100 years ago has been replaced with political correct drivel .
Yes. Yes. Yes. We know. You think they're ALL out to get us. :doubt:

What if Im right ? Why has the sum total of your refutation been fact free ad hominunum? Why no research into Islamic scripture or history?

You have seen the result of looking @ Islam through anything but darkly tinted rose colored glasses.
You will not find a free thinker who has the will to find out who, exhibits rational doubt about prevailing intellectual fashions, who is committed to truth and critical thought.
If they were true intellectuals their criticism and search from truth would not stop at Islam. Islam can not be investigated.
Mention Islam and the knee jerking begins

This is not just the uniformed illiterate left on the street it goes to the right and to the highest levels of the government and "educations institutes"
They are the new useful idiots .
A clamoring herd of intellectual cowards.

What was common knowledge about Islam 100 years ago has been replaced with political correct drivel .

What if Im right ? Why has the sum total of your refutation been fact free ad hominunum? Why no research into Islamic scripture or history?

Right, white christians would never conquer land and wipe out an entire race of people of a different religion. That's something only muslims do.

(crosses fingers in hopes no indians are posting now)

Do you speak for a billion muslims?

Why do you hate so much? Does it make your personal beliefs stronger by attacking the beliefs of others? I can assure you that Muslims love their religion as much as you do.
What do the actions of a billion people have to do with what is in the Koran and the Hadiths?

Do all Buddhists reach nirvana as is taught by their faith?

Do all Christians become saints?

The shaheed (martyr) is the highest of high in Islam in the eyes of Allah. Just because not all Muslims are mujahedeen does not change the fact that jihad is an intrinsic part of the religion.

Then isn't their jihad in the eyes of their creator? Many evil deeds were done in the name of Jesus Christ. Does not make them right and does not mean that Jesus supported them

The tenets of jihad have been documented and sourced and are well known . There is no corresponding doctrine in Christianity .

I thought the subject was God, if your point is humans can naturally become ugly murderers than I agree. Irregardless of religion people will do horrible things to each other.

However I don't see religions devoted to Stalin, but I do see them devoted to the God who did the same things as him.

Muslims believe in Sharia Law.....this is not "moderate"....at least not in America....

I don't give a damn what a tiny minority of sign-yielding protestors say. Whether they're muslims who want sharia law or westboro christians who say everyone is evil.

Maybe 7 million. Yes, that is like two percent of the population.....however.....because of perverse "political correctness" many of the tenets of sharia law are taking hold in our country and U.S. law is being applied unequally when it comes to muslims vs. christians....

American Thinker: De Facto Shariah Law in America

What do the actions of a billion people have to do with what is in the Koran and the Hadiths?

Do all Buddhists reach nirvana as is taught by their faith?

Do all Christians become saints?

The shaheed (martyr) is the highest of high in Islam in the eyes of Allah. Just because not all Muslims are mujahedeen does not change the fact that jihad is an intrinsic part of the religion.

Then isn't their jihad in the eyes of their creator? Many evil deeds were done in the name of Jesus Christ. Does not make them right and does not mean that Jesus supported them

The tenets of jihad have been documented and sourced and are well known . There is no corresponding doctrine in Christianity .

Does it really make a difference to religious extremists?

westboro.jpg

Last edited:

Maybe 7 million. Yes, that is like two percent of the population.....however.....because of perverse "political correctness" many of the tenets of sharia law are taking hold in our country and U.S. law is being applied unequally when it comes to muslims vs. christians....

A republican newspaper writing a story to get people to be even angrier at american muslims.

I had to rub my eyes a couple times to believe it, who could imagine such a thing...............

Right, white christians would never conquer land and wipe out an entire race of people of a different religion. That's something only muslims do.

(crosses fingers in hopes no indians are posting now)

(Or Jews.)

A republican newspaper writing a story to get people to be even angrier at american muslims.

I had to rub my eyes a couple times to believe it, who could imagine such a thing...............

You deny the facts presented in the article....? you just brush off a well-respected journal..? You claim without proof that the only reason they wrote it was just to get people angry....without further research of your own...? why should anybody believe you...?

if you look hard enough (and i know it's tough with our blackout media) but i'm sure you can find other news articles re the incidents...

You deny the facts presented in the article....? you just brush off a well-respected journal..? You claim without proof that the only reason they wrote it was just to get people angry....without further research of your own...? why should anybody believe you...?

if you look hard enough (and i know it's tough with our blackout media) but i'm sure you can find other news articles re the incidents...

A newspaper that sells to a group that is often times islamophobic writes a story that would be interesting for them to read and thus increase their hits.

Capitalism my friend, that's what's going on here. They write that to a target audience in hopes that they'll enjoy it and tell people of the same base to read it.

A newspaper that sells to a group that is often times islamophobic writes a story that would be interesting for them to read and thus increase their hits.

Capitalism my friend, that's what's going on here. They write that to a target audience in hopes that they'll enjoy it and tell people of the same base to read it.

you're spewing nothing more than idiotic crapola...otherwise prove their article is wrong...

Does it really make a difference to religious extremists?

westboro.jpg

Yep... 71 leftist, anti-American, anti-military whackjobs from Kansas are the real threat.

:eusa_drool:

you're spewing nothing more than idiotic crapola...otherwise prove their article is wrong...

I'm not going to waste my time reading it, when someone is motivated to write a story like that they're likely to try to spin it a certain way.

If you find me another source I'd be happy to read it, if not that's ok I don't view it as a negative on you and we'll move on.

I'm not going to waste my time reading it, when someone is motivated to write a story like that they're likely to try to spin it a certain way.

If you find me another source I'd be happy to read it, if not that's ok I don't view it as a negative on you and we'll move on.

blah...blah....blah.....meaning wah! i can't handle the truth.........r u muslim...or just a dopey pc leftie....?

blah...blah....blah.....meaning wah! i can't handle the truth.........r u muslim...or just a dopey pc leftie....?

The Truth? That all Muslims are out to get us?

A very grown up response, maybe I should judge the readers of the article on your conduct, making me even less likely to accidentally click on it.

If a left wing article said something that wasn't said anywhere else, would you blindly believe it to be true?

Oh and by the way, I'm a million times more conservative than you could ever dream to be son.

A very grown up response, maybe I should judge the readers of the article on your conduct, making me even less likely to accidentally click on it.

If a left wing article said something that wasn't said anywhere else, would you blindly believe it to be true?

Oh and by the way, I'm a million times more conservative than you could ever dream to be son.

a million times more conservative....? yup....you're a muslim...

you got the neener neener response because your objections are worthless....like i said b4....look up some of the incidents outlined in the article to prove them wrong....heck i even remember several of the incidents....like the foot washing and muslim prayer time in public schools....they were in the news...and discussed on this board...

you got the neener neener response because your objections are worthless....like i said b4....look up some of the incidents outlined in the article to prove them wrong....heck i even remember several of the incidents....like the foot washing and muslim prayer time in public schools....they were in the news...and discussed on this board...

I'm an atheist, I put fact over faith, all religions that put faith over fact are ridiculous to me. Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc etc etc.

You didn't even question my objections, just provided personal attacks, my asking for another source also brought out personal attacks.

The media makes a huge deal of all isolated incidents. I remember muslims and christians praying in my school in their free time as I'm sure many schools have on a daily basis, but this sort of thing will never make the news.

I'm an atheist, I put fact over faith, all religions that put faith over fact are ridiculous to me. Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc etc etc.

You didn't even question my objections, just provided personal attacks, my asking for another source also brought out personal attacks.

The media makes a huge deal of all isolated incidents. I remember muslims and christians praying in my school in their free time as I'm sure many schools have on a daily basis, but this sort of thing will never make the news.

don't try to turn it around.....you are the one who could not make any rational objections to the article...
i guess you decided to put your atheistic leftie "faith" first and ignore the facts....

don't try to turn it around.....you are the one who could not make any rational objections to the article...
i guess you decided to put your atheistic leftie "faith" first and ignore the facts....

You don't know what left is, so your attempt to insult me with it is pointless.

I gave you their motivations to write such a piece, you didn't question it, so we probably agree on that. You're not mad that I didn't read the article, you're mad that I'm not a straight ticket party line voting republican such as yourself (oh and btw, I've never voted for one democrat in my life and am certain you agree more with Obama than I do).

You also didn't address my point on if a pro-democrat media outlet wrote an article and if you'd blindly believe it without questioning, my guess is you avoided that on purpose as you'd look like a hypocrite if you answered it.

American Thinker doesn't make its money writing about muslim charities, that's not what you and the fellow readers want to hear. Writing something negative about muslims, is what you want to hear, is what will get you to subscribe to them and is what will get their website hits, so that's why they do it.

Anything else? I'm sure a childish insult will be a follow up, but besides that of course.

Forum List

Back