The Muslim Religion

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by haileydavey, Sep 15, 2010.

1. haileydavey

haileydavey BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I have to admit that I know very little about the Muslim Religion. What I have read has not really been good but the sources have usually been people talking negatively about Islam.

I have seen several posts where the Koran is quoted in regards to killing infidals. I have seen people come back with it is out of context but I have never seen it in context. Can someone please help me with that?

I have also seen where innocents or those who believe in Allah only. If that is true then that would lead me to believe that anytime the Muslim world states it was wrong to kill innocents they are only referring to Muslims who were killed. I would like for that to be disproved as well.

The final thing that I have seen Koran scripture (I do not know if that is the correct term) state is alright to lie to your enemies (infidals) to save yourself and further your cause. Can you show me the context of this?

I am not trying to attack the religion I am trying to understand it. I have seen posts state that the Christian Religion also states many of the same things. They then quote the Old Testament. I quickly point out the flaw because the Christian religious practices are based in the New Testament.

One last thing: Are there different denominations in the Muslim Religion?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    This should help Hailey:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtePF8p-eIo]YouTube - ITS IN THE KORAN (QURAN)[/ame]

3. Hister

Hister BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29
    They also don't us toilet paper.

4. Freeman

Freeman VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +382

good questions.

killing is forbidden in islam both against fidels and infidels. Jihad (mean resistance) is the action to defend yourself and your land from invaders:

"[I]And if they incline to peace, then incline to it [also] and rely upon God . Indeed, it is He who is the Hearing, the Knowing."[/I]8-61.

so if enemies incline to peace you should not fight.

another verse:

"Fight in the way of God against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! God loveth not aggressors. "1-190.

more details:
    http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...he-true-meaning-of-jihad-and-its-purpose.html

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  5. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    I only concern myself with the parts of Ilsam that concern me as non muslims ,these things tend to be negative as they call for my death.

The Quran does not contain internal context it must be sought from outside sources with knowledge of the chronology of the "revelations".Those sources are the traditions known collectively as ahadith
    Sayings of the Messenger
    Most reliable Sahih Bukhari
    Most comprehensive Al Tabari others known as Malik , Muslim and Duwud
    NetLibrary - Login
    There are Tafsir that use hadith to explain the meaning of the Quran verse by verse.
    The Tafsir of Ibn Kathir is the most widely used explanation of the meaning of the Quran on earth.
    Tafsir.com Tafsir Ibn Kathir
    Specific questions with the scriptural rational can be found in various fatwa banks like this one founded by the Grand mufti of SA
    Islam Question and Answer - Was Islam spread by the sword?
    Or
    Ask-Imam.com [5115] Plz tell me about Osama bin ladin and Taliban
    Then there are books to explore
    Ulum al Qur'an - AL-NASIKH WA AL-MANSUKH- SunniPath Library - Books

Dont hold your breath
    http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/81748-islam-forbids.html

http://www.faithfreedom.org/oped/AlexandraParis60203.htm

Non that have any important distinctions of what to do with the disbelievers .

6. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,828

As with any of the major religions, one can find any aspect one wishes to find...

the import is that the religion will be what its adherents wish it to be.

As is true of the ineluctable force of domestic pressure, the negative response that violent jihad has encountered is having an effect, one that will reform the religon:

"As Pew Global Attitudes surveys have documented, the growing rejection of extremism in Pakistan is part of a broader pattern in the Muslim world."
    Little Support for Terrorism Among Muslim Americans - Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life

7. Yukon.

Yukon. Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +54
    For the most part Islam is a peaceful religion as is Christianity. Madmen exist in both religions - Hitler, Bin Laden, etc.

You are wrong to judge everyone by the few.

8. Hister

Hister BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29
    The koran says to kill kafir (infidels) and live by sharia law. That's peaceful to you?:cuckoo:

9. Yukon.

Yukon. Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Hister,

You are a LIAR. The Koran does not say to kill kafir and live by sharia law. You are promoting hatred towards are Muslim brothers and sisters. You are a swine, a liar, and are lower than a piece of excrement from the bowel of a rotting monkey in the Sahara desert.

10. Freeman

Freeman VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +382
    Where?
    give the context, not the quote mining.
    I may quote the massacre of madian of the bible to judge Christianity too.