The movie, "The Hunt," should be released, or it will encourage more mass shooters and killers...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
John Nolte, my favorite film critic and social commentator, makes the point that by pulling the release of the movie, "The Hunt," by going into this huge debate about mass public shooters, and guns....we are feeding the mental illness of mass public shooters, and this is the problem.......

Nolte: Universal's Cancellation of 'The Hunt' Encourages the Next Mass Shooter

Universalā€™s decision to cancel The Hunt is just one more example of how our entire American culture is geared toward encouraging even more mass-shootings.

Sorry, it is not enough to not publicize their names ā€” sorry, it just isnā€™t. Thatā€™s not what these losers want. What they want, more than anything, is to prove they are not losers, to prove they matter, and if the only way they can accomplish that is through mass murder, so be it.

So what does stupid America do?

Shooting after shooting after shooting we give these monsters win after win after win.

We prove that the monsters do matter, and worse, we inform wannabe mass killers, future mass-killers, those thinking about becoming mass-killers, that they too will matter, because America is guaranteed to freak out.

Politicians, from the president on down, freak out.

The media, desperate for ratings and to score political points against the right, freak out.

Hollywood celebrities on social media, desperate to pretend that they too matter, freak out.

---

When these monsters lie in bed fantasizing about what their evil deed can achieve, it is all about the chaos it will cause; how it will command the news cycle, how it will consume social media, how they can cause Americans to give up their speech and gun rights, how this freak out will prove that the loser is not a loser.

We know this, and yet our entire culture continues to run advertisements for the next mass shooter: Yes, you too can be a success, you too can show the world, and all you have to do is write a nonsensical manifesto, pick up a gun, and enter your nearest gun-free zone! Tell him about the prizes, Donā€¦. Ten days of 24/7 news coverage surrounding your manifesto worth $75 million! Our nationā€™s capitol beset by chaos! Yes, what you did ā€” yes, you! ā€” will be the focal point of social mediaā€¦ And, as an extra special gift, if you act right now, weā€™re throwing in the additional prize of getting a Hollywood movie canceled!

What are we thinking?

We canceled a movie in response to a couple of mass shooters who committed these mass shootings to prove they had the power to shake up the world.

Letā€™s assume, which I do not and did not when the news was announced, that The Hunt is exactly what its critics fear most ā€” a left-wing fantasy where urban elites hunt and kill us awful rural, red state, bitter clinging deplorablesā€¦ The hunters are the heroes doing Godā€™s work because we deplorables are getting what we got comingā€¦

Not for a moment do I believe thatā€™s the case, but letā€™s assume it isā€¦

So what?

This is the United States of America and in the United States of America you are allowed to make whatever art you want. And you finding yourself and your identity and your political beliefs at the wrong end of artistic freedom doesnā€™t mean that freedom shouldnā€™t exist. No oneā€™s forcing you to go see it.

Want to see animals hunting down animals?

Find a copy of this.

I find it hilarious that the Right Wing got hysterical over this film without seeing it... and now they are upset it won't be released... because they can't claim "Victimhood".

Frankly, the clips I've seen of it make the "Deplorables" sympathetic. The female lead kind of seems to be kick ass.

All that said, we've seen this plot done before. Rich people hunting poor people for sport. (I actually wrote a Science Fiction story with this theme once, but I put a nice twist on it.)

Of course, this has nothing to do with mass shootings.

We have mass shootings because the Gun Industry has fought to interpret the militia amendment as "Anyone can have a gun, even if they are crazy".

I find it hilarious that the Right Wing got hysterical over this film without seeing it... and now they are upset it won't be released... because they can't claim "Victimhood".

Frankly, the clips I've seen of it make the "Deplorables" sympathetic. The female lead kind of seems to be kick ass.

All that said, we've seen this plot done before. Rich people hunting poor people for sport. (I actually wrote a Science Fiction story with this theme once, but I put a nice twist on it.)

Of course, this has nothing to do with mass shootings.

We have mass shootings because the Gun Industry has fought to interpret the militia amendment as "Anyone can have a gun, even if they are crazy".

tenor.gif

It should be released because this is the land of the free and silencing people is not freedom.
This is someones piece of art and the studio pulled the plug on them. Cowardly move imo. You greenlit the thing so don't cower in a corner now.

So, a movie about hunting FICTIONAL people can get banned.

But guns used to hunt people for real people, that's perfectly okay.

Yes, we are through the Looking Glass, Alice!
It wasn't banned lol. The studio that paid for it pulled it at the last minute due to public responses.

Get a grip, tard

It should be released because this is the land of the free and silencing people is not freedom.
This is someones piece of art and the studio pulled the plug on them. Cowardly move imo. You greenlit the thing so don't cower in a corner now.

More likely a purely financial move. Right now turnout will be muted, they will wait a month or three when interest in high again, then release it.

Forum List

Back