The Most Amazing New Young Singer...Jackie Evancho, now 14 years old!

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
This girls is amazing. She is an opera/crossover singer but the gift is incredible. Below is a youtube featuring her with Barbra Streisand. That's right. She has sung all over the world. Just listen.

In that piece, she is about 12. I'll get some other songs where she is older.

Last edited:

This looks like she could be 12 again. Nessun Dorma..It is in Italian. They asked her what it meant. She said she didn't know. She is so cute.

But what will puberty do to that voice? :dunno:
When she was 11, her voice sounded like an adult when she sang. So, I am wondering if, with voice coaches they will do their best to see that it will remain the same.

After readin everything she is doing, I fear that she may be over doing it with her voice. in the last two years she has had something like 300 references of appearances in her bio.

I know pitchers can do just so much or they throw their arm out, what about those tender voice muscles? She says she practices hours each day.

She started singing at 9. Something like this is just such a gift but I fear the parents are going too far or fast with it.

So, she sings while the money merely talks.

Got it.
Right and the parents are very active managers. They even have had her brother try to get in the act and the poor boy doesn't hold a candle to his sister.

Just hope they don't ruin their songbird.

While two of my four kids are hugely more successful than am I, I've never looked upon them as my personal bank account. And I never will.

While they make their way, I stay out of... their way.

Forum List

Back