The morality of the hog-wallow

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h1><a href=http://www.freepress.org/columns/display/1/2005/1034>And the First Rat Outta the Trap Is...</a></h1></center>

<blockquote><b>Off to a bad start</b>

January 3, 2005

AUSTIN, Texas -- Oh boy! Starting the year off briskly, lending it such tone already, such cachet, such je ne sais quoi -- those Republicans are so special, aren't they? Their first move, first rat out of the trap, top priority: lower ethics standards. Yessiree, this 2005 is going to be quite a year, some pip.

Let's put that to a vote. Many problems before us -- Iraq, a Social Security "crisis," a real health care crisis, world terrorism, our international reputation possibly at its lowest ever ... who is in favor of lowering ethics standards first? Who thinks ethics standards in Washington are too high?</blockquote>

With the moral waters already murky, the current Reichpublican efforts to further gut the already toothless ethics rules will only further stir up the mud. These folks are getting waaaaay to big for their britches, they seem intent on placing themselves above the law...No, wait, they are the law, and they can do anything they damn well please.

And I thought my expectations for our great and fearless leaders couldn't get any lower. Suprise! They are now lower than whale-shit on the bottom of the ocean. I expect nothing but the worst from our elected leaders, and I am certain they will deliver.

If these changes to the ethics rules pass, the Reichpublicans will have abandoned even the pretense of moral superiority they so successfully played on during the 2004 election. Their morality does "...indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness..." . They are hypocrites of the worst stripe.

Bullypulpit said:
<center><h1><a href=http://www.freepress.org/columns/display/1/2005/1034>And the First Rat Outta the Trap Is...</a></h1></center>

<blockquote><b>Off to a bad start</b>

January 3, 2005

AUSTIN, Texas -- Oh boy! Starting the year off briskly, lending it such tone already, such cachet, such je ne sais quoi -- those Republicans are so special, aren't they? Their first move, first rat out of the trap, top priority: lower ethics standards. Yessiree, this 2005 is going to be quite a year, some pip.

Let's put that to a vote. Many problems before us -- Iraq, a Social Security "crisis," a real health care crisis, world terrorism, our international reputation possibly at its lowest ever ... who is in favor of lowering ethics standards first? Who thinks ethics standards in Washington are too high?</blockquote>

With the moral waters already murky, the current Reichpublican efforts to further gut the already toothless ethics rules will only further stir up the mud. These folks are getting waaaaay to big for their britches, they seem intent on placing themselves above the law...No, wait, they are the law, and they can do anything they damn well please.

And I thought my expectations for our great and fearless leaders couldn't get any lower. Suprise! They are now lower than whale-shit on the bottom of the ocean. I expect nothing but the worst from our elected leaders, and I am certain they will deliver.

If these changes to the ethics rules pass, the Reichpublicans will have abandoned even the pretense of moral superiority they so successfully played on during the 2004 election. Their morality does "...indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness..." . They are hypocrites of the worst stripe.

While Molly Ivins can write a good piece,we all know her penchant for dramatic partisan ramblings.

They're making the same mistake the Democrats made after being in power for a certain amount of time.

We'll see if they take it way too far like the Dems did and end up getting egg on their face.

NATO AIR said:
They're making the same mistake the Democrats made after being in power for a certain amount of time.

We'll see if they take it way too far like the Dems did and end up getting egg on their face.

There'll be shit-sandwiches enough for everyone.

dilloduck said:
While Molly Ivins can write a good piece,we all know her penchant for dramatic partisan ramblings.

What you call "...dramatic partisan ramblings..." are simply the unvarnished truth.

Molly Ivins would not know "the unvarnished truth" if it stared her in the face. She is too busy looking for the negative, melancholy aspect of EVERYTHING! The woman needs to see a good psychiatrist about her deep depression.

Forum List

Back