The Moonbats Of The 9th Circuit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/11/18/BAGLFFQENB1.DTL

2. MissileMan

MissileMan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    The only Moonbats are the ones who think that this was an endorsement of Islam. I find it hypocritical that a lot of the people who are going to squawk about this are the same people who don't see a moment of prayer every day of the entire school year or the introduction of the Bible into science classes as an endorsement of Christianity.

3. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Do you think the court would rule the same way if children were forced to recite the Lord's Prayer during a unit on the history of Christianity. In fact, do you think they'd rule the same way if the school was even teaching a unit on Christianity.

4. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,183
    No.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Sorry, I am not for prayer in the public schools. I really can't see where even 'comparative religions' belong in middle school, in any but the most basic explanations of ancient history, which is not taught or barely taught in most public schools. Explain to me how 3 weeks is not suspect for another agenda? Teaching of the Revolution is 8 days; the Constitution is 3 weeks; and early government is about 10 days.

6. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    Then you will agree the ACLU is full of moonbats also?

For instance, the ACLU is against teaching the concept of "intelligent design".

7. MissileMan

MissileMan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Three weeks does seem a bit long to me, but I don't have access to their lesson plan. I'd also like to know if they cover any of the other religions/cultures in three-week periods. The article leaves out lots of details. Was the teacher a Muslim? Did this instructional guide get snuck into the curriculum by a Muslim activist? Was it a Muslim judge who ruled this was harmless role playing?

What I'm seeing is a continued over-reaction by Christians to anything non-Christian. What are they so afraid of? Is the Christian faith so weak that it can't withstand opposing viewpoints? Are they afraid that without government-assisted bombardment of dogma that the programming might not stick?

8. MissileMan

MissileMan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Yes, the ACLU has it's share of moonbats.

I don't think the ACLU is wrong for fighting to keep ID out of public schools at this time. You can refer to several threads about ID and creationism to view my reasons why.

9. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Normally, I would say that as long as different religions are treated equally, than it's fine. But if you chopped out a three-week lesson on Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, atheism, agnostism, humanism, Mormonism, Sikhism, Wicca, American Indian religion, Druidism, voodoo, Rastafarianism, and all the other minor religions, there would be no time left in school for anything else. Bad idea, IMO, and a bad ruling.

A comparitive religion class would be one thing, but a three-week Muslim indoctrination class is another.

10. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    No matter what your reasons are, calling others hypocritical and then displaying your own hypocrisy is kinda interesting.
    :gross2: