The message is going out to Chinese investors in America.

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
In my military years working with the United States Navy and with the Aman in Israel, one thing I learned was that the Chinese in responsible positions were highly intelligent, even more so than most Americans in responsible positions. If that sounds like gobbledegook, you have not been involved in international considerations.

At any rate, I received an email from an old aquaintance by the name of Choi Wu, "Chink" as I called him thirty years ago when we were working together in Iran to suppress Crazy Radical Islamics. "Better Dead than Radical" was our slogan.

Nevertheless, Chink told me that he had been told to downsize his investments in American companies, because China will revalue the Yuan in a few weeks. Chink is, by our definition, a millionaire. I spent my money back then on women and booze. Chink is obviously smarter than me, but I had more fun.

There are hundreds of Billions of Chinese "Dollars" invested in American Stocks. If they are getting the advance warning, then you just have to know that they will pull their money out and invest it elsewhere. Can you say CRASH!! ???

Folks, time to pull your money out of American stocks, because they will fall more than thirty percent ( The amount that I am told the Yuan will be devalued.) Fleeing money creates crashes. Chink is long DXD, just as I am.

Japan is now the largest U.S. creditor. China has been selling off the debt they own to Japan for awhile now.

That's not the info being reported:

China’s ownership of U.S. government debt fell in December by the most since 2000, allowing Japan to regain the position as the largest foreign holder of Treasury securities.

Japan’s holdings rose 1.5 percent in December to $768.8 billion while China’s dropped 4.3 percent to $755.4 billion, Treasury Department figures today showed. China allowed its short-term Treasury bills to mature and replaced them with a smaller amount of longer-term notes and bonds, the data showed.

China, with the world’s largest central bank reserves, may be moving money to other investments from the relative safety of Treasuries as the U.S. runs record budget deficits, economists said. China’s Treasury holdings peaked at $801.5 billion in May, and net sales in November and December were the first consecutive months of reductions since late 2007. ...

Japan Overtakes China as Largest Holder of Treasuries (Update1) - Bloomberg.com

Japan is now the largest U.S. creditor. China has been selling off the debt they own to Japan for awhile now.

Not only have they been downsizing their American bond positions, but they have now issued a notice to sell American Stocks. For the Chinese, their investments in America will be down sized by the amount of the readjustment in the Chinese Yuan. As of tonight, I have been told that the adjustment (increase in the Yuan value) will be thirty to thirty three percent.

Ironically not as much as the fifty percent that most international bankers think is necessary.

In my military years working with the United States Navy and with the Aman in Israel, one thing I learned was that the Chinese in responsible positions were highly intelligent, even more so than most Americans in responsible positions. If that sounds like gobbledegook, you have not been involved in international considerations.

At any rate, I received an email from an old aquaintance by the name of Choi Wu, "Chink" as I called him thirty years ago when we were working together in Iran to suppress Crazy Radical Islamics. "Better Dead than Radical" was our slogan.

Nevertheless, Chink told me that he had been told to downsize his investments in American companies, because China will revalue the Yuan in a few weeks. Chink is, by our definition, a millionaire. I spent my money back then on women and booze. Chink is obviously smarter than me, but I had more fun.

There are hundreds of Billions of Chinese "Dollars" invested in American Stocks. If they are getting the advance warning, then you just have to know that they will pull their money out and invest it elsewhere. Can you say CRASH!! ???

Folks, time to pull your money out of American stocks, because they will fall more than thirty percent ( The amount that I am told the Yuan will be devalued.) Fleeing money creates crashes. Chink is long DXD, just as I am.

A Chinese guy on another forum stated that China has threatened to drop U.S. currency and start a communist finance revolution....is there any truth to that?

Not only have they been downsizing their American bond positions, but they have now issued a notice to sell American Stocks. For the Chinese, their investments in America will be down sized by the amount of the readjustment in the Chinese Yuan. As of tonight, I have been told that the adjustment (increase in the Yuan value) will be thirty to thirty three percent.

Ironically not as much as the fifty percent that most international bankers think is necessary.

Frankly, it's about time. The Yuan has been held down to artificially low levels. It's time for it to float.

I think the current and previous administrations both wanted the Yuan to float.
Now I am not sure if that is good ro bad though.
Just an observation.

wont this make the value of chinese products go up by 33 percent?

That's not the info being reported:

China’s ownership of U.S. government debt fell in December by the most since 2000, allowing Japan to regain the position as the largest foreign holder of Treasury securities.

Japan’s holdings rose 1.5 percent in December to $768.8 billion while China’s dropped 4.3 percent to $755.4 billion, Treasury Department figures today showed. China allowed its short-term Treasury bills to mature and replaced them with a smaller amount of longer-term notes and bonds, the data showed.

China, with the world’s largest central bank reserves, may be moving money to other investments from the relative safety of Treasuries as the U.S. runs record budget deficits, economists said. China’s Treasury holdings peaked at $801.5 billion in May, and net sales in November and December were the first consecutive months of reductions since late 2007. ...

Japan Overtakes China as Largest Holder of Treasuries (Update1) - Bloomberg.com

I'm not exactly sure what Bloomberg is quoting. The Treasury's own data shows that China is still the largest holder of US Treasury debt, holding $895 billion, larger than Japan's $766 billion, though down from $940 billion.

wont this make the value of chinese products go up by 33 percent?

Yep. but unfortunately it will still be less expensive to buy Chinese. We have asked them to revalue their currency upward by a minimum of fifty percent to the American Dollar. They have refused to do that and now with the wave of inflation hitting the Chinese mainland are reluctant to do anything.

Ancient Chinese proverb, "When in doubt do nothing."

Forum List

Back