The Media Is Losing It

Chris Matthews going nuts is nothing new. I have a friend who won an argument with him.

The Abu Ghriab can no more be blamed on Bush than the Peterson murder. Drop it!

I wonder how much Moveon.org paid USA Today for this?

Excerpt:

New ad accuses Bush of allowing false advertising

Wed Aug 18, 7:30 AM ET

Analysis by Mark Memmott, USA TODAY

MoveOn PAC, which says it supports "moderate to progressive" candidates and has paid for TV ads opposing President Bush (news - web sites)'s re-election, starts airing another ad today. Called "Swift Response," the 30-second ad attempts to link Bush to an ad released two weeks ago by an organization called Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. That earlier ad accused Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites), the Democratic presidential nominee and a decorated Navy veteran of the Vietnam War, of lying about his military record.

MoveOn PAC says its ad will be shown in markets where the Swift Boat Veterans' commercial is being seen - smaller cities in Ohio, West Virginia and Wisconsin - and on CNN. The group says it is spending nearly $78,000 to run the ad for two days.

The ad

Narrator: "George Bush used his father to get into the National Guard, was grounded and then went missing." Images: Bush as a Texas Air National Guard pilot; fighter jets; the words "failure to appear."

Narrator: "Now, he's allowing false advertising that attacks John Kerry, a man who asked to go to Vietnam and who served with dignity and heroism." Images: Clips from the Swift Boat Veterans ad.

Narrator: "Well, here's what a true Republican war hero said ... 'I think the ad is dishonest and dishonorable. ... I think the Bush campaign should specifically condemn the ad.' " Image: Sen. John McCain (news, bio, voting record).

Narrator: "George Bush: Take that ad off the air."

Analysis

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth has been accused by Kerry's supporters of lying about the senator's actions in Vietnam. MoveOn PAC can expect similar condemnation from Bush's supporters.

Saying Bush "was grounded" from flying paints a more serious image than does Bush's explanation: that his flying rights were suspended because he did not take a required medical exam - and that he didn't take the exam because he had transferred to an Alabama Guard unit for which he wouldn't be flying.

The charge that Bush "went missing" while a member of the Guard is based on the fact that there are gaps in payroll records and other documents verifying his service. The White House has said Bush recalls reporting for duty in both Texas and Alabama.

The ad does not note that military records show Bush fulfilled all his obligations to the Guard.

The charge that Bush is "allowing false advertising" is mostly based on the fact that the largest financial contributor to Swift Boat Veterans for Truth has also given substantial amounts of money to Bush and other Republican candidates in recent years.

If the right contained as many hackers as the Kazaa crowd, that web site would be down more often than not. The RIAA started manipulating the market, then getting all ticked that people found a way around it and their web site was down for over a month. These guys lie and spread propoganda faster than they could spread the flu. They mudslingers, bomb-throwers, and liars. The fact that they are allowed to have a web site is a great testament to the extent to which first ammendment freedoms are protected and a to the extent to which the left is willing to revoke that right in the name of Kerry's 4 1/2 months in Vietnam.

Ok, so it's the LA Times, they are still supposed to be a newspaper! Not a mouthpiece for Kerry. Note the difference between time for 'Kerry remarks and analysis and that for Bush!

Excerpt:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...imes/kerrycriticizesbushsplantowithdrawtroops

In a speech heavily salted with references to his own military service, the Democratic presidential nominee said Bush's plan would not bolster the country's ability to combat terrorism nor relieve the stress on overburdened troops.

"Nobody wants to bring troops home more than those of us who have fought in foreign wars," Kerry, a former naval lieutenant, told Veterans of Foreign Wars members at the group's annual convention. "But it needs to be done at the right time and in a sensible way. This is not that time or that way." ...

The Massachusetts senator, dogged by criticism that he has not been specific enough about how he would handle the turmoil in Iraq (news - web sites) differently than the incumbent, pounced on Bush's troop plan to draw a sharp distinction from the president on a key national defense issue.

"This hastily announced plan raises more doubts about our intentions and our commitment than it provides real answers," he told the VFW audience at a downtown convention hall.

"For example, why are we unilaterally withdrawing 12,000 troops from the Korean peninsula at the very time that we are negotiating with North Korea (news - web sites) — a country that really has nuclear weapons?" he asked....

Bush presented his plan to withdraw as many as 70,000 U.S. troops from Europe and Asia during his speech to the VFW convention Monday, saying it would produce a more agile force in the post-Sept. 11 world, while also making life easier for military families. His campaign called Kerry's opposition naive and politically motivated.

"The Cold War is over. We must continue to transform our military to better protect the American people against the dangerous — against the dangers of the 21st century," White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan told reporters.

Ok, I torture myself, now onto the NYT. What used to be the STANDARD of reporting, it's sad:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/20/politics/campaign/20swift.html?th

When you see Bush family and Karl Rove in the same sentence, you just KNOW something bad is brewing, right?
A series of interviews and a review of documents show a web of connections to the Bush family, high-profile Texas political figures and President Bush's chief political aide, Karl Rove.

The use of ["] strategically place has been a device of Reuters, then AP, now the NYT has picked up on it. Notice how one title is in quotations and the other isn't?
The strategy the veterans devised would ultimately paint John Kerry the war hero as John Kerry the "baby killer" and the fabricator of the events that resulted in his war medals.

That's about 1/2 of the first page of a 5 page article. We have a rehash of what has been going on in the blogs for several weeks-though no credit is given; well after all, this is the NYTimes! We have politics of personal destruction-big time. We have Douglas Brinkley, formerly a highly thought of Presidential Historian: http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/476jwkqo.asp

Once Kerry started to "defend himself" yesterday, the media became involved in an all out push...

In response to your initial post, Kathianne. Yes, I started to watch Matthews since John Kasich was subbing for O’Reilly. Matthews was boiling mad when he was “interviewing” (haranguing would be a more descriptive word) Thurlow and would hardly let Thurlow get a word in to answer his questions. Matthews wanted Thurlow to say only what Matthews wanted him to say, and that was crystal clear. Talk about limiting free speech!!! When they were talking about sKerry’s “Plan”, of course Matthews didn’t bring up the topic of sKerry taking a camcorder and re-enacting his Vietnam service for the camera. If you don’t think the liberals in the media are campaigning for sKerry, all you had to do was watch Matthews on his program last night. Mud can be slung at Bush until it completely covers him, and no one in the media says a word about the hate and bias involved; but let one speck of mud fly at sKerry, and all hell breaks loose about how unfair, untrue, and biased it all is. I think the majority of Americans are smart enough and intelligent enough to know what is going on and are not buying into it.

Though I have always known that Chris Matthews (aka. Dog Leash Boy) is a liberal, he, at times, has been somewhat fair in the past. However, his hatred for President Bush and his feeling that their boy Kerry is losing have pushed him into the Gore Asylum. Concerning his interrogation of the Swifties and Michelle Malkin- even throwing her off after one segment when she had been booked for TWO- I have NEVER, NEVER, EVER seen a more disgraceful act of crazed partisan behavior. Seeing that Michelle is too refined to play his bully/scream game, there is, in my opinion, only one person who could take him on & beat him at his own game: Ann Coulter, someone whom I bet he is too scared to debate- I know you guys might have other names, but all of those other people bring their own behavior limits & restrictions.

Chris is like a rabid dog, biting & snarling. He has COMPLETELY lost it and has exposed himself & his ilk in the LMM as Kerry operatives/Bush haters. He makes up lies about how WE are saying that Kerry shot himself three times, a claim that has ONLY been made by HIM, Dog Leash Boy. He asks a question, then shouts down the individual.................

Something I find to be a particularly liberal trick!

So let's move on. Speaking of "move on," Chris.............

He never attacks the tens of millions which Soros has given to MoveOn.org. He NEVER grills Kerry thugs about the Hamburgler and his pernicious, filthy, Goebbels-type Nazi propaganda in his mockumentary. He never attacks all the slurs hurled at President Bush by fringe wackjobs who compare him to Hitler, even going so far as to claim that President Bush was in on 9/11- can we say "Howard Dean?" He likes to talk about the 7 minutes used by President Bush to keep a calm appearance, but refuses to discuss that Kerry admitted that he just sat in a room, frozen & unable to even THINK for FORTY MINUTES. Instead of defending Kerry by screaming that Kerry wasn't president, perhaps he should make the point: "God, if Kerry, a mere senator, was that frozen with fear for forty minutes, how long would he have been locked in fear if he had the responsibility of Commander in Chief."

Still, fellow Republicans, cheer up........

It is obvious that these charges are both true AND that they are landing body blows to Kerry. After the next round of ads and the Sunday shows- except Matthews' liberal roundtable- it is very possible that a strong uppercut to the chin- Kerry's very LARGE chin- could be landed. If Kerry weren't a traitor, had a non-radical senate record on which to run, and didn't change his mind every three days, he would not have had to run on his roughly 129 days in Nam. Now, running scared, Kerry thugs are trying to get Regnery to stop printing the book, "Unfit for Command," and have book stores pull it.

Gee, when does the Nazi book burning party start at the DNC?

All of this means one thing: WE ARE GOING TO WIN!

Kathianne said:
Last night I hear that Chris Matthews went bonkers, anyone see it? Now this morning looks what they're putting out: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...e=13&u=/nm/20040820/ts_nm/iraq_abuse_brass_dc

If they can't make the swiftees go away, perhaps they can resurrect the Iraqi prison scandal. :whip: Truly, at this point they are just becoming pitiful.

I just heard Michele Malkin on Rush, and they played the interview of her and Mathews........He was horrible to her. They tossed her off the show, and then kept her copy of the book Unfit For Command, and was thumbing through it to see if what Mathew said was correct..... I thought I was hearing things........ He would not let her get a word in. I hope there is a big back lash from all of this...Even Keith Olberman called Michele an Idiot..........Total meltdown by the press

I just listened to that too. I stopped listening to Matthews when, during the primaries, he was just droooling all over Kerry. He was thinking to himself, "hey, we've got a war hero to beat Bush with". Now that Kerry is collapsing, Chris is pissed.

Kathianne,I saw that new commercial from MoveOn the other night. It is pretty lame. With Ohio being an important state in this election,we are seeing all kinds of viscious ads. This stuff doesn't flush in Ohio. According to Fox,this state has only voted a Demfor President one time,and I believe it was Clinton.

I missed Chris Hardball(as I like to call him) going nuts,but like someone else said,he kind of does that a lot. I wish there was some kind of volume control for his voice!!! eeek!

krisy said:
Kathianne,I saw that new commercial from MoveOn the other night. It is pretty lame. With Ohio being an important state in this election,we are seeing all kinds of viscious ads. This stuff doesn't flush in Ohio. According to Fox,this state has only voted a Demfor President one time,and I believe it was Clinton.

I missed Chris Hardball(as I like to call him) going nuts,but like someone else said,he kind of does that a lot. I wish there was some kind of volume control for his voice!!! eeek!

Here in Nevada we are seeing a lot of the ads too.

I just heard Michele Malkin on Rush, and they played the interview of her and Mathews........He was horrible to her. They tossed her off the show, and then kept her copy of the book Unfit For Command, and was thumbing through it to see if what Mathew said was correct..... I thought I was hearing things........ He would not let her get a word in. I hope there is a big back lash from all of this...Even Keith Olberman called Michele an Idiot..........Total meltdown by the press
And liberals complain about Rush and O'Reilly. :rolleyes:

tim_duncan2000 said:
And liberals complain about Rush and O'Reilly. :rolleyes:

The thing is Rush lets people get their Points in. He doesn't scream over them unless they are trying to scream over him. Even then he just turns down their volume. O'reilly is too fair IMO sometimes. He lets his guests get away with alot but he gives them their fair say. Hannity i think does it the best. He brings more liberals on his show then anybody else. He feels the more people know who the mainstream Dems are now, the more they will steer clear of them.

insein said:
The thing is Rush lets people get their Points in. He doesn't scream over them unless they are trying to scream over him. Even then he just turns down their volume. O'reilly is too fair IMO sometimes. He lets his guests get away with alot but he gives them their fair say. Hannity i think does it the best. He brings more liberals on his show then anybody else. He feels the more people know who the mainstream Dems are now, the more they will steer clear of them.

Agree (Rush).....O'reilly does sometimes bend too far the other way to be fair......Hannity, Yeah you gotta love that little fighting Irish spirit he has :2guns:

Has anyone heard much on the upcoming RNC, other than from Fox? I know at this point prior to the DNC I heard the media promoting it like crazy.

ted said:
Has anyone heard much on the upcoming RNC, other than from Fox? I know at this point prior to the DNC I heard the media promoting it like crazy.

A little blurb on MSNBC a few times, but nothing notable.

Forum List

Back