The Market Looks like it is Acting More Timid Than Usual

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
My guess is that the data is getting squishy because the trade war proposal from China and Nancy's hissy fits over the Wall are adding a great deal of uncertainty as to where the economy is going. Your take?

current trading volume is off by 2/3rds compared to December

Last edited:
Maxine Waters taking control of the Financial Services Committee is enough to make anybody nervous and apprehensive. She was instrumental in the housing crisis that led to the recession of 2008. She is probably the most corrupt person in the House right now (not to mention, the dumbest).

Maxine Waters taking control of the Financial Services Committee is enough to make anybody nervous and apprehensive. She was instrumental in the housing crisis that led to the recession of 2008. She is probably the most corrupt person in the House right now (not to mention, the dumbest).
A legit contributing at a minimum

Trump's Trade War (that is "good and easy to win") is dragging down markets

Markets do NOT like the uncertainty of Trump's Trade War

Commerce’s Wilbur Ross: U.S. is ‘miles and miles’ from China trade deal | ‘Faint outlines of a deal are emerging’ as Democrats float $5.7 billion for border security, but not wall

Last edited:
I've already had to shift investments this month because what I had previously owned moved high enough to drop div yield below my minimum Div yield and it looks like I might have a repeat in Feb so I may get low transaction costs but it still costs $10 to switch $2-k in investment and that is still 0.05% I will never see again.

the bubbles they keep trying to generate just don't have the incentives they hoped they would have, so it's just settling back to normal. Stocks are mostly grossly over-priced as it is.The rest of the world is in far worse shape re long term prospects, and too much of the stock market is dependent on overseas labor rackets, and for far too long; the alleged 'boom' and 'low unemployment' hasn't increased disposable income at all, and in fact inflation is still eating away at it, so don't expect much change in the real economy.

I've already had to shift investments this month because what I had previously owned moved high enough to drop div yield below my minimum Div yield and it looks like I might have a repeat in Feb so I may get low transaction costs but it still costs $10 to switch $2-k in investment and that is still 0.05% I will never see again.

it still costs $10 to switch $2-k in investment and that is still 0.05% I will never see again.

10/2000 = 0.5%

Forum List

Back