When the three weeks end?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Pelosi will not deliver on the wall down payment. The president will let the government shutdown and will call it all Pelosi's this time. Since the States east of the Mississippi are more dependent on Barge, rail and air traffic than the left coast for economic growth the longer Nancy can hold on the sooner the eastern US will be in ever bigger trouble. What market effects will be felt?

I don't think Trump will go with the government shut down this time. I think he will declare an emergency at the border and fund it through the defense dept and/or home land security dept. It will then get tied up in court.

There's obviously a crisis on our southern border. This is evident when you see caravans containing violent criminals and terrorists rushing our border, it's a national emergency and Trump has every right to declare it as such. Democrats clearly are not willing to address the issue because they like seeing new Democratic voters coming into our country without regard to the damage they are doing to our economy or the safety of our citizens.
Trump's plan is (IMO) to address the crisis in his SOTU speech, and give the Dems one more opportunity to do the right thing (knowing they will not), then he will declare a national emergency, which will immediately be challenged in the courts by some leftist Obama appointed federal judge but ultimately upheld by the Supreme Court. When DHS and Border Patrol experts testify, Trump will get the wall. Dem strategy is (as usual) to delay in the hopes of winning the WH back in 2020. We'll see how that goes.

I don't think Trump will go with the government shut down this time. I think he will declare an emergency at the border and fund it through the defense dept and/or home land security dept. It will then get tied up in court.

It will hit the SCOTUS very quickly, and they will rule in Trump's favor.

Because it's a national emergency, the SC will most likely agree to step in immediately and rule on it.

I don't think Trump will shut the government down again. Been there, done that, Trump is never boring and that would be boring.

I think he'll call a National Emergency, and I think he'll get away with it. I hope.

I hope so, but I see the dems trying to run out the clock in an effort to win the white house in 2020. They might be able to pull it off.

The big question is whether Ginsberg actually does have pneumonia or is that just a claim by the MSM ? If true, at her age that really is a retirement or death choice. In either case Trump can and will take SCOTUS well to the right and Nancy will effectively become road kill.

Forum List

Back