The Maritime Shipwreck

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Good evening, I will create this subject which will discuss maritime shipwrecks.
Thank you I start with the Titanic.
2.jpg

At 11.40pm on the night of 14 April 1912, on her maiden voyage from Southampton to New York, the RMS Titanic struck the iceberg that would ultimately lead to the sinking of the ship less than 3 hours later. At around 2.20am on the morning of 15 April, the Titanic disappeared beneath the surface of the Atlantic Ocean, a disaster that resulted in the loss of more than 1,500 lives, almost two-thirds of the people on board. Titanic Facts aims to tell the story in a comprehensive and clear way, and to help keep the memory of this great and tragic ship, and of her passengers and crew, survivors and victims, alive.

The Sinking of the Titanic, 1912

the Nazi's made their own Titanic flick I think in 43
Yes, the video from Empire

Titanic is a 1943 German propaganda film made during World War II in Berlin by Tobis Productions for UFA. Despite the fact that a British company had already released a German-language film about the RMS Titanic, the film was commissioned by Nazi Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels with the intent of showing not only the superiority of German filmmaking, but also as a propaganda vehicle which would show that Britiish and American capitalism was responsible for the disaster, The addition of an entirely fictional heroic German officer to the ship's crew was intended to demonstrate the superior bravery and selflessness of German men as compared to the British officers.

The film's original director, Herbert Selpin, was arrested during production after speaking out against the Nazi regime – he was later found hanged in prison – and the film was completed by Werner Klingler, who was not credited.

Although the film had a brief theatrical run in parts of German-occupied Europe starting in November 1943, it was not shown within Germany by order of Goebbels, who feared that it would weaken the German citizenry's morale instead of improving it. Goebbels later banned the playing of the film entirely, and it did not have a second run.

The "Nazi Titanic" film was the first on the subject which was simply titled Titanic, and the first to combine various fictional characters and subplots with historical personae and events of the sinking; both conventions went on to become a staple of Titanic films.

Release date: 10 November 1943

I just don't see how steel that thick could be torn open by ice.

Strangely enough sea disasters are similar to air disasters because it usually takes a combination of a couple of seemingly unrelated (mechanical/electrical) problems and pilot error to cause a disaster.

Yes many mistakes..
These are the rivets that would not have resisted the impact of the iceberg ... And Captain Smith would have said: En avant toute /right ahead all knowing that the night was pitch black the calm ocean which made it even more difficult to spot a Iceberg and Captain smith also ignored the many iceberg warnings from other ships.

Forum List

Back