The man who killed Osama Bin Laden

Bigfoot

NRA
Jul 20, 2011
His forehead was gruesome. It was split open in the shape of a V. I could see his brains spilling out over his face.

The SEAL Team 6 member who killed Osama bin Laden is facing an uncertain future after leaving the service and receiving a “go fuck yourself” from the government, an Esquire article about the unnamed hero reveals.

“I left SEALs on Friday,” the unnamed SEAL told author Phil Bronstein last September. He exited a little over three years short of the 20-year retirement requirement. “My health care for me and my family stopped at midnight Friday night.”

“I asked if there was some transition from my Tricare to Blue Cross Blue Shield. They said no,” the SEAL told Bronstein, executive chairman of the Center for Investigative Reporting. “You’re out of the service, your coverage is over. Thanks for your sixteen years. Go fuck yourself.”

Bronstein reports that after leaving the service and killing the nation’s most wanted man the SEAL is left with “nothing. No pension, no health care, and no protection for himself or his family.”

Navy SEAL who killed bin Laden faces uncertain future | The Daily Caller

The suck is strong.

Well duh, you need twenty to get a pension. Why the hell did he quit three years short of his pension benefits? What's the rest of the story? Did he kill some old man and pretend that he was Osama?

Esquire magazine lied about a Navy Seal who helped kill Osama Bin Laden being ineligible for health benefits from the Veteran’s Administration—and they won’t fess up.

In a story written by Phil Bronstein, who runs the so-called Center for Investigative Reporting, a Navy Seal only identified as “The Shooter” is portrayed as unable to get benefits:

"...here is what he gets from his employer and a grateful nation: Nothing. No pension, no health care, and no protection for himself or his family."

The facts were twisted by Bronstein; every combat veteran of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars is automatically eligible for free healthcare through the Department of Veteran Affairs, and the vet wasn’t eligible for a pension, as service members need to have served for 20 years to be eligible.

Bronstein disingenuously protested that the story was true because the Seal was unaware the benefits existed,

Esquire Mag Lies About Navy Seal Being Ineligible for Health Benefits

I see bigfoot beat me to it. We thank this man for killing OBL but he's not very bright. He gets coverage from the VA (as does every veteran) for five years. What kind of a Man leaves one job and does not have something else lined up for his family? Someone capable of being a SEAL cannot secure employment in a transition from one job to another? He quit the service three years before the payoff?

I smell a hack job but it's Esquire so what would you except, balance and fairness?

Its a little hard to believe this guy would leave the service, I assume by not re-enlisting, just a few years short of the magic number 20. Everyone in the service knows you need to do 20 to retire. This guy certainly did not have to stay in as a SEAL, he could of probably been given an easy assignment if he really wanted it to finish out his 20.

And any former SEAL could easily get hooked up at any security firm and start making some real bank.

Its a little hard to believe this guy would leave the service, I assume by not re-enlisting, just a few years short of the magic number 20. Everyone in the service knows you need to do 20 to retire. This guy certainly did not have to stay in as a SEAL, he could of probably been given an easy assignment if he really wanted it to finish out his 20.

And any former SEAL could easily get hooked up at any security firm and start making some real bank.

I imagine that a lucrative security contract is why he resigned.

According to Arab papers, OBL was killed by kidney failure few years prior to being "killed" by a Navy SEAL...

Yep... The guy they killed in Pakistan was Probably just some Muslim pediatrician who used to practice medicine in Kenya. :eusa_whistle:

According to Arab papers, OBL was killed by kidney failure few years prior to being "killed" by a Navy SEAL...

Yep... The guy they killed in Pakistan was Probably just some Muslim pediatrician who used to practice medicine in Kenya. :eusa_whistle:

Did you see whom "they" kill? No.

Did you see if they killed anyone? No.

How do you know "they" killed OBL? Err... US administration told you so.

:clap2:

Last edited by a moderator:
His forehead was gruesome. It was split open in the shape of a V. I could see his brains spilling out over his face.

The SEAL Team 6 member who killed Osama bin Laden is facing an uncertain future after leaving the service and receiving a “go fuck yourself” from the government, an Esquire article about the unnamed hero reveals.

“I left SEALs on Friday,” the unnamed SEAL told author Phil Bronstein last September. He exited a little over three years short of the 20-year retirement requirement. “My health care for me and my family stopped at midnight Friday night.”

“I asked if there was some transition from my Tricare to Blue Cross Blue Shield. They said no,” the SEAL told Bronstein, executive chairman of the Center for Investigative Reporting. “You’re out of the service, your coverage is over. Thanks for your sixteen years. Go fuck yourself.”

Bronstein reports that after leaving the service and killing the nation’s most wanted man the SEAL is left with “nothing. No pension, no health care, and no protection for himself or his family.”

Navy SEAL who killed bin Laden faces uncertain future | The Daily Caller

The suck is strong.

Transitioning from a trained killer to a civilian is not easy. It seems he could easily get a job on a SWAT team or personal security on a simple phone call from a high placed CIA source

I am told he did not want that type of work

Unfortunately, rules are rules as they apply to military service and 17 years is still not 20 years

Forum List

Back