The Main Stream Media's March Toward Irrelevance

This, in a nutshell, is the essence of bias, the terminal diagnosis of today's Main Stream Media, from which it unremittingly slouches towards a self-inflicted demise. If you listen carefully, you may even hear its last gasps as it -- slowly but surely -- dissolves into oblivion......:clap2:

I actually consider MSNBC, NBC, and NYTimes to all be fringe media outlets. Their opinions they use in their reporting haven't been mainstream for years now.

If only they could be fair and balanced like Fox:

Fox cut off coverage of an Obama health care rally, saying it would return if there were "any contentious questions, anybody yelling." The liberal watchdogs Media Matters said that during one week, Fox aired 22 comments from health care forums that opposed or questioned Obama's plans, and none that supported the president.

Entertainment | Will cable roughhousing extract a price? | Seattle Times Newspaper

This article in itself shows part of the problem. I watch Fox, and watched the segment being referred to. They did not say "any contentious questions, anybody yelling." It is not fair to wrap that in quotes, it's a praphrase at best and then only loosely prarphrased. The best I can do is also a paraphrase, but it was more like: We'll leave the rally now, and come back to it if there are any developments. The reason they left? It was boring, and there was no reason to pretend otherwise. The Seattle writer seems to have taken their departure from the rally more personally than an unbiased reporter would have.

What's the point of covering forums that pro-forma support the president? They don't make news, and you can get all you want of that formula. News by definition is what is new not what is old. Fox News does cover comments by public figures both positive and negative to give both viewpoints fair coverage. It seems anyone wanting real news would watch Fox just to get something different than the same old pablum.

The Seattle Times "news article" seem to be more of an opinion piece than actual news reporting,

Last edited:
yah... sure... whatever

:cuckoo:

Really? Ozz does have a valid point. Even the last election proved that in so many ways, the biggest being that more people got their info on the candidates from Youtube than anywhere.

Which would make youtube part of the new mainstream.

Funny part is that the conservative pipe dream was that the internet/new media etc. was going to knock the old media for a loop and the result would be a big boost for conservatism.
Conservatives got the first part, liberalism got the second part.

The conservative belief that Foxnew's popularity is somehow a valid measure of its merit as a news source is the funniest fantasy in all of this.

I heard an interesting bit of trivia yesterday; the single biggest event ever held in Detroit's Silverdome?

A professional wrestling match between Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's how popularity translates into merit...

The conservative belief that Foxnew's popularity is somehow a valid measure of its merit as a news source is the funniest fantasy in all of this.

I heard an interesting bit of trivia yesterday; the single biggest event ever held in Detroit's Silverdome?

A professional wrestling match between Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's how popularity translates into merit...

The popularity of the Silverdome? Of Wrestlemania? Of Hulk Hogan?

The merit of the Silverdome? Of Wrestlemania? Of Hulk Hogan?

Clearly I'm having a dumb moment. Can you explain your parallel again?

yah... sure... whatever

:cuckoo:

Really? Ozz does have a valid point. Even the last election proved that in so many ways, the biggest being that more people got their info on the candidates from Youtube than anywhere.

Gotta agree. The MSM gave OL'BO the keys to the kingdom. Thats for sure. In my entire life I have never seen such biased reporting. The whole bunch should be going bankrupt. Jeeze. BO would probably bail them out with my tax dollar.

Wonder if Chris Matthews still has that shivver running up his leg???????

The media in general is GROSSLY biased to the left. Reporters don’t get tingles in their leg when they are unbiased. All you need to do is watch the coverage of OB and MC to see how bad it is. They are not following the money, otherwise they would start to drift back to some reality as they are loosing viewers every day (and even more readers). It is lunacy how bad it has gotten. On that same token, fox is not unbiased either, they just happen to be one of the VERY few right leaning operations out there. Coincidently, I believe their ratings are going up. I refuse to even watch the crap the news networks put up anymore.

Forum List

Back