The Magic Of "Reasonable" Gun Restrictions

Too much Harry Potter. They think wave the wand, and crime disappears. :auiqs.jpg:

Less than one in 20 street robberies are being solved by police | Daily Mail Online
BZZZZZT! Straw man alert!

Nobody thinks reasonable gun control.messures will make crime disappear.

OP is gun nut nonsense.

Then what statistically relavent problem do they solve?
The magic word here is "reduces". Nobody has ever believed we could stop all gun crime. Drunk driving laws doesn't stop all drunk driving, but they do reduce it drastically. That's why we have them.

OK, lets drill the numbers down.

1. Of all gun related deaths, 2/3rds are suicides. What "common sense" gun control measure reduces this number when the suicidal can, and often does, simply seeks other methods.

2. 80% of all the others is gang related. What "common sense" gun control method stops gang members from murdering other gang members?

3. Domestic disputes. What "common sense" gun control measures reduces these.

4. Death by LEO in self defense or defense of others. What "common sense" gun control measures do you suggest.

I've just listed 99% of all gun related deaths.

So again, what statistical problem does your proposal solve?
It reduces gun deaths.

Duh.

Too much Harry Potter. They think wave the wand, and crime disappears. :auiqs.jpg:

Less than one in 20 street robberies are being solved by police | Daily Mail Online

OP is gun nut nonsense.

The magic word here is "reduces". Nobody has ever believed we could stop all gun crime. Drunk driving laws doesn't stop all drunk driving, but they do reduce it drastically. That's why we have them.

1. Of all gun related deaths, 2/3rds are suicides. What "common sense" gun control measure reduces this number when the suicidal can, and often does, simply seeks other methods.

2. 80% of all the others is gang related. What "common sense" gun control method stops gang members from murdering other gang members?

4. Death by LEO in self defense or defense of others. What "common sense" gun control measures do you suggest.

It reduces gun deaths.

Duh.

How, when:

If you have, for example 30,000 deaths prior to these laws being implemented, and 30,000 after, then what exactly did you accomplish?

That the body bags were not filled by dead bodies not killed with a gun is not a logical accomplishment.

OP is gun nut nonsense.
but but but guns cause crime and murder
No, people cause crime and murder. Guns make it easier for bad people to commit crimes and murders.

OP is gun nut nonsense.

The liar forgets that driving is not a right. Why is that liar?
You do realize that everyone here knows who the liar in this exchange is right?

Take your juvenile nonsense and go away.

OP is gun nut nonsense.

The liar forgets that driving is not a right. Why is that liar?
You do realize that everyone here knows who the liar in this exchange is right?

Take your juvenile nonsense and go away.
Yes, they realize you are the liar. I don't lie about things. Like I said liar, driving is not a right. Stop lying.

OP is gun nut nonsense.

It reduces gun deaths.

Duh.

How, when:

If you have, for example 30,000 deaths prior to these laws being implemented, and 30,000 after, then what exactly did you accomplish?

That the body bags were not filled by dead bodies not killed with a gun is not a logical accomplishment.
You just assume suicides will seek other methods. They almost all require more preparation and determination than putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger.

It reduces gun deaths.

Duh.

How, when:

You just assume suicides will seek other methods. They almost all require more preparation and determination than putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger.

Japan, South Korea and England, all with tough gun laws have as high or higher suicide rate than ours.

Explanation?

It reduces gun deaths.

Duh.

How, when:

Japan, South Korea and England, all with tough gun laws have as high or higher suicide rate than ours.

Explanation?
I can't explain England (Brits are strange cats) but suicide is not a stigmatized in Asia as it is in the west so their rate has always been higher.

Why are the states with the highest suicide rates among the states with the most relaxed gun control?

It reduces gun deaths.

Duh.

How, when:

Explanation?
I can't explain England (Brits are strange cats) but suicide is not a stigmatized in Asia as it is in the west so their rate has always been higher.

Why are the states with the highest suicide rates among the states with the most relaxed gun control?

Those states mostly have a disproportionate amount of native Americans who disproportionately commit suicide.

It reduces gun deaths.

Duh.

How, when:

Explanation?

Those states mostly have a disproportionate amount of native Americans who disproportionately commit suicide.
Huh, you are correct in many cases. I did not realise. There are some outliers though. CA and NY both have a high percentage of native Americans and relatively low suicide rates. While Montana does not and still has a high suicide rate.

How, when:

Explanation?

Huh, you are correct in many cases. I did not realise. There are some outliers though. CA and NY both have a high percentage of native Americans and relatively low suicide rates. While Montana does not and still has a high suicide rate.

I don’t think the NA in those states have the conditions on reservations as the other States. Montana might also be an outlier as well.

Explanation?

I don’t think the NA in those states have the conditions on reservations as the other States. Montana might also be an outlier as well.
Interesting.

Anywho, I don't expect gun regulation to stop suicides, although I would expect them to drop by a substantial amount. How much? We can't know until we try.

Explanation?

Interesting.

Anywho, I don't expect gun regulation to stop suicides, although I would expect them to drop by a substantial amount. How much? We can't know until we try.

They don't drop....just ask the people who commit suicide in Japan, China and Korea, as well as any number of countries in gun controlled Europe...they all have higher suicide rates than the U.S.......

I know, I know, this is the truth, so you don't care, you just want to ban guns...

Fact Check, Gun Control and Suicide

There is no relation between suicide rate and gun ownership rates around the world. According to the 2016 World Health Statistics report, (2) suicide rates in the four countries cited as having restrictive gun control laws have suicide rates that are comparable to that in the U. S.: Australia, 11.6, Canada, 11.4, France, 15.8, UK, 7.0, and USA 13.7 suicides/100,000. By comparison, Japan has among the highest suicide rates in the world, 23.1/100,000, but gun ownership is extremely rare, 0.6 guns/100 people.

Suicide is a mental health issue. If guns are not available other means are used. Poisoning, in fact, is the most common method of suicide for U. S. females according to the Washington Post (34 % of suicides), and suffocation the second most common method for males (27%).

OP is gun nut nonsense.
but but but guns cause crime and murder
No, people cause crime and murder. Guns make it easier for bad people to commit crimes and murders.

No....unarmed victims make it easier for bad people to commit crimes....

As more Americans own and carry guns our gun murder rate has gone down 49%...that means fewer, not more, people are being murdered.

As more Americans own and carry guns our gun crime rate has gone down 75%....that means fewer people are the victims of gun crime.....

As more Americans own and carry guns our violent crime rate has gone down...by 72%....that means fewer people are the victims of violent crime.....not more..

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

Please explain the following.....

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Then why do lib scum keep calling for gun control?
I imagine it is to lower the rates of firearm homicides and mass shootings. Of which gun controlled UK is a prime example.

Wrong...gun crime is up all over England and Wales....while in the U.S. gun crime is down....try again.

Hilarious. Because no one is being killed in these robberies gun control doesn't work.

No, moron....because the criminals doing the robberies have guns...they just don't pull the trigger to murder their victim...but they have the freaking gun.......that is why gun control does not work...the criminals still have the guns.....

OP is gun nut nonsense.

Gun control increases gun crime and violent crime...just look at Britain...

Gun crime in London increases by 42% - BBC News

Gun crime offences in London surged by 42% in the last year, according to official statistics.

Top trauma surgeon reveals shocking extent of London’s gun crime

A leading trauma surgeon has told how the number of patients treated for gunshot injuries at a major London hospital has doubled in the last five years.

----

He said the hospital’s major trauma centre had seen a bigger rise in gunshot injuries compared to knife wounds and that the average age of victims was getting younger.

-----

Last year, gun crime offences in London increased for a third year running and by 42 per cent, from 1,793 offences in 2015/16 to 2,544 offences in 2016/17. Police have seized 635 guns off the streets so far this year.

Dr Griffiths, who also teaches medical students, said: “Our numbers of victims of gun injury have doubled [since 2012]. Gunshot injuries represent about 2.5 per cent of our penetrating trauma.

-----

Dr Griffiths said the average age of gun crime victims needing treatment at the hospital had decreased from 25 to the mid to late teens since 2012.

He added that medics at the Barts Health hospital’s major trauma centre in Whitechapel had seen a bigger rise in patients with gun injuries rather than knife wounds and that most were caused by pistols or shotguns.

Met Police commander Jim Stokley, who was also invited to speak at the meeting, said that handguns and shotguns were the weapons of choice and that 46 per cent of London’s gun crime discharges were gang-related.

He said: “We believe that a lot of it is associated with the drugs trade, and by that I mean people dealing drugs at street level and disagreements between different gangs.”

Violent crime on the rise in every corner of the country, figures suggest

But analysis of the figures force by force, showed the full extent of the problem, with only one constabulary, Nottinghamshire, recording a reduction in violent offences.

The vast majority of police forces actually witnessed double digit rises in violent crime, with Northumbria posting a 95 per cent increase year on year.

Of the other forces, Durham Police recorded a 73 per cent rise; West Yorkshire was up 48 per cent; Avon and Somerset 45 per cent; Dorset 39 per cent and Warwickshire 37 per cent.

Elsewhere Humberside, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Wiltshire and Dyfed Powys all saw violence rise by more than a quarter year on year.

-------

OP is gun nut nonsense.

Gun control against law abiding citizens increases violent crime against those citizens...just ask the British...

Violent crime on the rise in every corner of the country, figures suggest

But analysis of the figures force by force, showed the full extent of the problem, with only one constabulary, Nottinghamshire, recording a reduction in violent offences.

The vast majority of police forces actually witnessed double digit rises in violent crime, with Northumbria posting a 95 per cent increase year on year.

Of the other forces, Durham Police recorded a 73 per cent rise; West Yorkshire was up 48 per cent; Avon and Somerset 45 per cent; Dorset 39 per cent and Warwickshire 37 per cent.

Elsewhere Humberside, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Wiltshire and Dyfed Powys all saw violence rise by more than a quarter year on year.

Explanation?

Interesting.

So, what gun control methods then?

Bump stocks, and ARs? Never used in suicides.

Better training, registration? Nope

So explain

Interesting.

So, what gun control methods then?

Bump stocks, and ARs? Never used in suicides.

Better training, registration? Nope

So explain
Limiting access of course.

Forum List

Back