The Magic Of "Reasonable" Gun Restrictions

Hilarious. Because no one is being killed in these robberies gun control doesn't work.

N
Too much Harry Potter. They think wave the wand, and crime disappears. :auiqs.jpg:

Less than one in 20 street robberies are being solved by police | Daily Mail Online
Next rebuttal! While that clearance rate sounds bad it's really just average!

Overview
  • In the nation in 2016, 45.6 percent of violent crimes and 18.3 percent of property crimes were cleared by arrest or exceptional means.
  • When considering clearances of violent crimes, 59.4 percent of murder offenses, 53.3 percent of aggravated assault offenses, 40.9 percent of rape offenses (legacy definition), 36.5 percent of rape offenses (revised definition), and 29.6 percent of robbery offenses were cleared. (Please note, the legacy and revised UCR definitions for rape can be accessed in Offense Definitions.)
  • Among property crimes, 20.4 percent of larceny-theft offenses, 13.3 percent of motor vehicle theft offenses, and 13.1 percent of burglary offenses were cleared.
  • In 2016, 20.8 percent of arson offenses were cleared by arrest or exceptional means.
Clearances

Too much Harry Potter. They think wave the wand, and crime disappears. :auiqs.jpg:

Less than one in 20 street robberies are being solved by police | Daily Mail Online
BZZZZZT! Straw man alert!

Nobody thinks reasonable gun control.messures will make crime disappear.

OP is gun nut nonsense.
Then why do lib scum keep calling for gun control?

OP is gun nut nonsense.
Don't be stupider than you have to be.

Wait, forgot who I was talking to.

My bad.

Knock yourself out.

OP is gun nut nonsense.

OP is gun nut nonsense.

My bad.

Knock yourself out.
It's not surprising that as an America hating shill you have no answer.

OP is gun nut nonsense.

OP is gun nut nonsense.

My bad.

Knock yourself out.
It's not surprising that as an America hating shill you have no answer.
I have plenty of answers, and as soon as anyone with at least two active braincells asks me I'll be happy to talk about them but I'm not gonna waste them on a useless gob of spittle like you.

Have a nice day!:113:

I imagine it is to lower the rates of firearm homicides and mass shootings. Of which gun controlled UK is a prime example.

Last edited:

OP is gun nut nonsense.

Then what statistically relavent problem do they solve?
The magic word here is "reduces". Nobody has ever believed we could stop all gun crime. Drunk driving laws doesn't stop all drunk driving, but they do reduce it drastically. That's why we have them.

OP is gun nut nonsense.

The magic word here is "reduces". Nobody has ever believed we could stop all gun crime. Drunk driving laws doesn't stop all drunk driving, but they do reduce it drastically. That's why we have them.

OK, lets drill the numbers down.

1. Of all gun related deaths, 2/3rds are suicides. What "common sense" gun control measure reduces this number when the suicidal can, and often does, simply seeks other methods.

2. 80% of all the others is gang related. What "common sense" gun control method stops gang members from murdering other gang members?

3. Domestic disputes. What "common sense" gun control measures reduces these.

4. Death by LEO in self defense or defense of others. What "common sense" gun control measures do you suggest.

I've just listed 99% of all gun related deaths.

So again, what statistical problem does your proposal solve?

OP is gun nut nonsense.

The liar forgets that driving is not a right. Why is that liar?

I imagine it is to lower the rates of firearm homicides and mass shootings. Of which gun controlled UK is a prime example.

but not to lower the overall murder rate right?

The gun laws in the UK did not lower their murder rate but then again we all know that it is somehow worse to get killed with a gun than it is to get killed any other way

Forum List

Back