The Magic Of "Reasonable" Gun Restrictions

Too much Harry Potter. They think wave the wand, and crime disappears. :auiqs.jpg:

Less than one in 20 street robberies are being solved by police | Daily Mail Online
BZZZZZT! Straw man alert!

Nobody thinks reasonable gun control.messures will make crime disappear.

OP is gun nut nonsense.

Then what statistically relavent problem do they solve?
The magic word here is "reduces". Nobody has ever believed we could stop all gun crime. Drunk driving laws doesn't stop all drunk driving, but they do reduce it drastically. That's why we have them.
People kill people not firearms… Shit for brains

Those states mostly have a disproportionate amount of native Americans who disproportionately commit suicide.
Huh, you are correct in many cases. I did not realise. There are some outliers though. CA and NY both have a high percentage of native Americans and relatively low suicide rates. While Montana does not and still has a high suicide rate.

I don’t think the NA in those states have the conditions on reservations as the other States. Montana might also be an outlier as well.
Interesting.

Anywho, I don't expect gun regulation to stop suicides, although I would expect them to drop by a substantial amount. How much? We can't know until we try.

So, what gun control methods then?

Bump stocks, and ARs? Never used in suicides.

Better training, registration? Nope

So explain
Limiting access of course.
Lol
You stupid motherfucker, Criminal control is the only way to deal with violent crime...

Too much Harry Potter. They think wave the wand, and crime disappears. :auiqs.jpg:

Less than one in 20 street robberies are being solved by police | Daily Mail Online

OP is gun nut nonsense.

The magic word here is "reduces". Nobody has ever believed we could stop all gun crime. Drunk driving laws doesn't stop all drunk driving, but they do reduce it drastically. That's why we have them.

OK, lets drill the numbers down.

1. Of all gun related deaths, 2/3rds are suicides. What "common sense" gun control measure reduces this number when the suicidal can, and often does, simply seeks other methods.

2. 80% of all the others is gang related. What "common sense" gun control method stops gang members from murdering other gang members?

3. Domestic disputes. What "common sense" gun control measures reduces these.

4. Death by LEO in self defense or defense of others. What "common sense" gun control measures do you suggest.

I've just listed 99% of all gun related deaths.

So again, what statistical problem does your proposal solve?
It reduces gun deaths.

Duh.
Lol
What about medical errors, it is murder. Almost 120,000 so far this year - deaths from medical errors. What are you gonna do about it you fucking hypocrite?

1. Of all gun related deaths, 2/3rds are suicides. What "common sense" gun control measure reduces this number when the suicidal can, and often does, simply seeks other methods.

2. 80% of all the others is gang related. What "common sense" gun control method stops gang members from murdering other gang members?

4. Death by LEO in self defense or defense of others. What "common sense" gun control measures do you suggest.

It reduces gun deaths.

Duh.

How, when:

If you have, for example 30,000 deaths prior to these laws being implemented, and 30,000 after, then what exactly did you accomplish?

That the body bags were not filled by dead bodies not killed with a gun is not a logical accomplishment.
You just assume suicides will seek other methods. They almost all require more preparation and determination than putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger.
Lol
They are going to happen the matter what you stupid motherfucker

It reduces gun deaths.

Duh.

How, when:

If you have, for example 30,000 deaths prior to these laws being implemented, and 30,000 after, then what exactly did you accomplish?

That the body bags were not filled by dead bodies not killed with a gun is not a logical accomplishment.
You just assume suicides will seek other methods. They almost all require more preparation and determination than putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger.

Japan, South Korea and England, all with tough gun laws have as high or higher suicide rate than ours.

Explanation?
I can't explain England (Brits are strange cats) but suicide is not a stigmatized in Asia as it is in the west so their rate has always been higher.

Why are the states with the highest suicide rates among the states with the most relaxed gun control?
Lol
Suicide is unavoidable it’s a cowardly act you stupid ass motherfucker

How, when:

Japan, South Korea and England, all with tough gun laws have as high or higher suicide rate than ours.

Explanation?
I can't explain England (Brits are strange cats) but suicide is not a stigmatized in Asia as it is in the west so their rate has always been higher.

Why are the states with the highest suicide rates among the states with the most relaxed gun control?

Those states mostly have a disproportionate amount of native Americans who disproportionately commit suicide.
Huh, you are correct in many cases. I did not realise. There are some outliers though. CA and NY both have a high percentage of native Americans and relatively low suicide rates. While Montana does not and still has a high suicide rate.
Lol
It’s not the firearms you stupid fuck

I don’t think the NA in those states have the conditions on reservations as the other States. Montana might also be an outlier as well.
Interesting.

Anywho, I don't expect gun regulation to stop suicides, although I would expect them to drop by a substantial amount. How much? We can't know until we try.

So, what gun control methods then?

Bump stocks, and ARs? Never used in suicides.

Better training, registration? Nope

So explain
Limiting access of course.

To guns, rope, electricity, gas, cars, tall buildings, highway overpasses and about a couple dozen common household products?

You realize the failure, right?

OP is gun nut nonsense.
but but but guns cause crime and murder
No, people cause crime and murder. Guns make it easier for bad people to commit crimes and murders.

So what?

Guns also make it easier for law abiding people to defend themselves and their families

OP is gun nut nonsense.
No, people cause crime and murder. Guns make it easier for bad people to commit crimes and murders.

So what?

Guns also make it easier for law abiding people to defend themselves and their families
So, statistically, which one happens more often?

It reduces gun deaths.

Duh.

How, when:

Explanation?

guns have nothing to do with suicide.

half of all suicides are committed by other means than firearms.

Thinking that people will not commit suicide if they can't get a gun is naive to the point of mental retardation.

OP is gun nut nonsense.

So what?

Defense, by far.

OP is gun nut nonsense.

So what?

If you believe the 2013 CDC report released during Obama's term then defensive gun uses happen at least as often as the criminal use of guns

Explanation?

Interesting.

Suicide is a choice not a crime

OP is gun nut nonsense.

Here's the main problem with your theory. You rely on the idea that, even if you completely ban guns, that criminals will give theirs up. In fact, if this were debated in congress, criminal actors would hoard guns as they would become INCREDIBLY VALUABLE to the criminal once a ban would be put into effect. It is simply supply and demand.

So the theory is nothing more than Naive thinking.

OP is gun nut nonsense.

Here's the main problem with your theory. You rely on the idea that, even if you completely ban guns, that criminals will give theirs up. In fact, if this were debated in congress, criminal actors would hoard guns as they would become INCREDIBLY VALUABLE to the criminal once a ban would be put into effect. It is simply supply and demand.

So the theory is nothing more than Naive thinking.

These mopes haven't learned that prohibition on anything increases crime and violence related to illicit markets

It reduces gun deaths.

Duh.

How, when:

Explanation?

guns have nothing to do with suicide.

half of all suicides are committed by other means than firearms.

Thinking that people will not commit suicide if they can't get a gun is naive to the point of mental retardation.
Riiiight, and heights have nothing to do with falling deaths.

OP is gun nut nonsense.

So what?

Defense, by far.
LMf'nAO! There is absolutely no evidence that your statement is true.

There is tonnes of evidence it is not.

OP is gun nut nonsense.

So what?

If you believe the 2013 CDC report released during Obama's term then defensive gun uses happen at least as often as the criminal use of guns
Please post this report.

Interesting.

Suicide is a choice not a crime
What happened to "zero tolerance"?

Suicide is a criminal offense.

Forum List

Back