The M14; To me its the finest battle rifle

I'm considering a mini 14, mostly tricked out with ATI collapsible stock, quad rail and ghost ring sights for $688 shipped plus the $35 transfer fee. I'd like to replace the sights with laser dots.

As I said, it is an inherently inaccurate rifle, but extremely reliable.

They are a niche gun, really, but growing up around a lot of livestock, I always had it with me, so my fondness for them probably comes legitimately.

How do you feel about the 10/22?
(Too bad they don't make it in a magnum caliber.)

I love them. I hate loading them :) but they are a LOAD of fun!

There are so many parts made for the 10/22 that you can literally make it into whatever you want. And you can spend (literally) as much as you want.

I've sold them for $100, $1,800, and everywhere in between.

A real staple. Love 'em!

How do you feel about the 10/22?
(Too bad they don't make it in a magnum caliber.)

I love them. I hate loading them :) but they are a LOAD of fun!

There are so many parts made for the 10/22 that you can literally make it into whatever you want. And you can spend (literally) as much as you want.

I've sold them for $100, $1,800, and everywhere in between.

A real staple. Love 'em!

My idea is to find an older used one for around $100 to $150 and buy the Krinker Plinker kit which comes with a match grade barrel for around $350 unless I can find one for a comparable price already configured. From what I've read the only drawback is it's a pain to take apart and clean.

Nowadays, 10s of thousands of dollars investment so yeah, they'd be a little cautious. Oh and if you're planning on building a class III I hope you have a class III manufacturing FFL before you do it, BATF heavily frowns on that if you don't.

Oh, No,No,No,No, I dont have that kind of money and it seems like a big hassle. What I am building was going to be a varmint set up, but I have changed my mind about 4 times. AR-15 is fine by me. Oh, And the FN-FAL is a nice battle rifle in .308 to. but the cost is beyond me. I have always been heavy into archery to and that is not cheap either. Especaley in this day and age. If I want to shoot class three I go here- Woodlands Mall, Texas City, Galveston, Pasadena, - Piney Point, Sugar Land, Humble, Pearland, - The Arms Room in League City, Texas and shoot theirs.

If you like building them, cool, but if you don't go to JGSales.com and check out their inventory, they're pretty reasonable.

Checked out JG sales, and they have a retro Upper receiver parts kit .I forgot all about them. I would have to chuck the flash hider and get a three prong to be true retro. I am stuck with the bolt assist, but no big deal. Thanks for the pointer there.

Mini14- I have a CZ 527 bolt gun in 7.62x39 that is my favorite vermin blaster. It has 6 pigs down all one shot kills. I dont do long range but I have kicked the idea around with the AR lower I have. I guess I could have both If I want. I also like the mini-14. They are tough guns with lots of options. The 10/22 is another awesome rifle. A mag loader tool makes loading mags not so bad. I get lots of stuff from gunbroker.com as well.

Last edited:
The M-14 is a good servicable rifle, as is the Mini-14. My love is HK and FAL (though I do own an M1A for nostalgia sake).

Here's a picture of my G-3.

Attachments

• $overall view.JPG
    $overall view.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 88
The M-14 is a good servicable rifle, as is the Mini-14. My love is HK and FAL (though I do own an M1A for nostalgia sake).

Here's a picture of my G-3.

Beauty!

HK and FAL?

You have VERY good taste :)

Beauty!

HK and FAL?

You have VERY good taste :)

Thank you!

Here's one of my FAL's

Now THAT is special!!!

Wow....it looks mint!

VERY nice rifle!!!

Yeah, if my life depends on it I will be carrying either a G3 or an AK, but for sheer pleasure of shooting it is impossible to beat the FAL. This one is a Browning G-Series import from 1959, I bought it new from Pachmayr in Pasadena.

Yeah, if my life depends on it I will be carrying either a G3 or an AK, but for sheer pleasure of shooting it is impossible to beat the FAL. This one is a Browning G-Series import from 1959, I bought it new from Pachmayr in Pasadena.

Gorgeous rifle westy.....really nice.

I have 1 or 2 customers who have that kind of taste, so I don't get to handle them nearly as often as I'd like.

That one is as nice as any I've seen. Really nice!

Thank you!

Here's one of my FAL's

Now THAT is special!!!

Wow....it looks mint!

VERY nice rifle!!!

AK is a good one to. It may just be me, but the crime bill compliant ones seem to be more accurate. In a S.H.T.F I would take an AR-15. Semi-Auto only is fine with me and is common enough like the AK.

M-14 is a good weapon.

Gotta go with the M-4 myself......Lightweight, durable (you can beat the crap out of it), accurate as all get out when properly zeroed. The folding stock and short barrell make it the best battlefield weapon there is. Particularly in close range, urban battle situations......And, on Airborne and Air Assault missions, it's size makes it ideal when you need to drop and fire on a dime.

All in all, A fantastic, deadly weapon.

M-14 is a good weapon.

Gotta go with the M-4 myself......Lightweight, durable (you can beat the crap out of it), accurate as all get out when properly zeroed. The folding stock and short barrell make it the best battlefield weapon there is. Particularly in close range, urban battle situations......And, on Airborne and Air Assault missions, it's size makes it ideal when you need to drop and fire on a dime.

And versatile to.

M-14 is a good weapon.

And versatile to.
Very.....You can do head shots from 300 meters all day long. But it's within the 1-150 meter range where it really shines. Friggin' awesome.

I still have a nostalgic love for the M-16, I carried one for quite awhile in the 80's. But, it could be quite the pain in the ass. The length alone during Airborne and Air Assaults could often make it a pain the ass. Plus, the cooling issues it always seemed to have.