The Lutheran Church of Sweden has decided it won't use the word “Lord” anymore when referring to God

The objection is that Lord is not “gender neutral.” OMG!

'Bout fucking time somebody figured that out.

I keep asking the patriarch wackos -- "if God is a male .... who's the female that makes him male?"

They can't answer that. It never seemed to occur to them that male and female are relative terms. Can't have one without the presence of the other.

But then, that would require thought.

Seems that I recall some other article about a lesbian Bishop in that church declaring that the church should remove crosses and other Christian symbols, in order to be more welcoming to Muslims.

It sounds to me like the Swedish church has gone very badly astray, well before this point. Apparently, it is now a church that worships political correctness, rather than any rational concept of the Christian God.

The objection is that Lord is not “gender neutral.” OMG!

Sounds like the Swedish Lutheran Church is way overdue for having a Ninety-five Theses nailed to their door.

Luther-Nailed-It.jpg

Seems that I recall some other article about a lesbian Bishop in that church declaring that the church should remove crosses and other Christian symbols, in order to be more welcoming to Muslims.

It sounds to me like the Swedish church has gone very badly astray, well before this point. Apparently, it is now a church that worships political correctness, rather than any rational concept of the Christian God.

See what I mean? Right over their heads.

You didn't go over anyone's head. You merely tried unsuccessfully to rationalize "thought" as being more powerful than faith. Contrary to what you lost souls believe, people who believe in a creator are not all "dumb hillbillies" who live in trailers somewhere in Alabama, or some such horse shit. You can sit in your room with your superior brain power and think all you want to. But you'll never perform a miracle. You'll never create a tree. And posing trick questions to those who do believe in God, only shows that while you have a developed nervous system a a thought process, you haven't come along far enough to understand what "faith" is.

How about this: Instead of referring to those who have found something to believe in as "wackos", ask God Himself: "if You are a male .... who's the female that makes You male?" He might actually answer you if you listen.

You didn't go over anyone's head. You merely tried unsuccessfully to rationalize "thought" as being more powerful than faith. Contrary to what you lost souls believe, people who believe in a creator are not all "dumb hillbillies" who live in trailers somewhere in Alabama, or some such horse shit. You can sit in your room with your superior brain power and think all you want to. But you'll never perform a miracle. You'll never create a tree. And posing trick questions to those who do believe in God, only shows that while you have a developed nervous system a a thought process, you haven't come along far enough to understand what "faith" is.

How about this: Instead of referring to those who have found something to believe in as "wackos", ask God Himself: "if You are a male .... who's the female that makes You male?" He might actually answer you if you listen.

I put the question to those who actually exist, here. I don't do circular reasoning.

I see you can't answer the question either.

Who does God fuck? Where does He go to find dates? Who officiates at His wedding? Whose parents does he ask for permission for their Daughter's hand?

How you gonna make little godkids without a female God to boinky-boinky?

The purpose of "male" is to impregnate "female". Who does God impregnate? Or does He use birth control?

You gotta start with a basic understanding of what "male" and "female" mean.

But you'll never perform a miracle. You'll never create a tree.

Ever see a male give birth?

I put the question to those who actually exist, here. I don't do circular reasoning.

Who does God fuck? Where does He go to find dates? Who officiates at His wedding? Whose parents does he ask for permission for their Daughter's hand?

The purpose of "male" is to impregnate "female". Who does God impregnate? Or does He use birth control?

I'm just a man so I don't have answers to those questions. You'd do better by asking the one who created you. He can tell you.

I'm just a man so I don't have answers to those questions. You'd do better by asking the one who created you. He can tell you.

Actually she's dead now. Thanks for bringing that up.

Funny. Let me make two predictions here:

1. You have a bible somewhere in your house. You may not remember where you saw it last, but it's still there. Find it read it again. You'll probably find that it makes more sense since the last time you opened it.

2. Not to be blunt here, but when you're eventually on your deathbed facing the reality that it's all over, you'll either try to negotiate with God for one more breath, or pray that He forgives you.

I always figured 'Lord' was some sortof mush mouth inducing english derivative for a person who was a lord such as those in the House of Lords in the UK. I don't see how it can always term God, but rather replace the name of a person.

but the bible is hard, whatever :p

Funny. Let me make two predictions here:

1. You have a bible somewhere in your house. You may not remember where you saw it last, but it's still there. Find it read it again. You'll probably find that it makes more sense since the last time you opened it.

2. Not to be blunt here, but when you're eventually on your deathbed facing the reality that it's all over, you'll either try to negotiate with God for one more breath, or pray that He forgives you.

I do have a bible yes, and I know exactly where it is. And I have a Quran in the same place. That's because I like to know what I'm talking about before I talk about it.

I need no introduction to it. I got the indoctrination starting at age five. And my immediate reaction was "pfft-- yeah right. What else is out there?"

You never did answer the question. WHO is the female that makes God a "male"?
Who does God fuck?

I always figured 'Lord' was some sortof mush mouth inducing english derivative for a person who was a lord such as those in the House of Lords in the UK. I don't see how it can always term God, but rather replace the name of a person.

I think a "lord" is the guy who owns the joint. And/or owns the people.

The religious application apparently stems from a desire to "be owned" by something, so they invent one.

I find that El Bizzaro :cuckoo:

But it's prolly also what makes them Authoritarians.

I think a "lord" is the guy who owns the joint. And/or owns the people.

The religious application apparently stems from a desire to "be owned" by something, so they invent one.

I find that El Bizzaro :cuckoo:

But it's prolly also what makes them Authoritarians.

and the Lord would always be the one from whom the will of God works through hereditarily
being owned used to be quite common, and most people are owned by their own minds now
means, sometimes youd need to be owned to make it 2000 years ago

Forum List

Back