The Logic of ConservaRepub on Economy, UnEmployment & A Helping Hand from Govt.

If you see someone claiming that Republican President didn't add $5 trillion to our debt, in 8 years, you be sure to correct him.

Ok, but at this point why bother fixating on debt so much?

Why fixate on over $15 trillion in debt? Seriously?

Exactly! They brought it all on themselves seeing as they control the airwaves and the govt. Now they want to try and use this in their favor AND pay little to nothing in taxes while sipping three-martini lunches having a good laugh that there are morons in the lower classes who will help them fight this fight. It's good being a corporation in the US

Exactly! They brought it all on themselves seeing as they control the airwaves and the govt. Now they want to try and use this in their favor AND pay little to nothing in taxes while sipping three-martini lunches having a good laugh that there are morons in the lower classes who will help them fight this fight. It's good being a corporation in the US

Depends on the corporation. Certainly those that have learned to collude with corporatist government are doing well.

So you got Zero. Not surprising. And let's see, hmmm. Double? What is two times zero? NM. Your a mondless drone whose every thought and opinion is spoonfed to you.
I can prove this about you.
You cannot prove this about me.
This would be the difference between us.

Corporations hold their earnings overseas and pay no US taxes? That's a shocker.

Those poor mega corporations with their endless record-breaking profits every quarter yet they can still afford to run our country and pay for misleading info, etc. and some swallow it hook and sinker. :eusa_boohoo: Get real!!:badgrin:

It's awful! We should raise their taxes, that'll encourage them to bring the money to the US. What rate should we charge them? 60%? 70%? Higher?

Corporations brought on the US government debt? LOL!
What lower class moron believes that?

Corporations hold their earnings overseas and pay no US taxes? That's a shocker.

Those poor mega corporations with their endless record-breaking profits every quarter yet they can still afford to run our country and pay for misleading info, etc. and some swallow it hook and sinker. :eusa_boohoo: Get real!!:badgrin:

It's awful! We should raise their taxes, that'll encourage them to bring the money to the US. What rate should we charge them? 60%? 70%? Higher?

Actually, we should strengthen those who drive the economy and purchase products (the middle class). THAT will attract business here, nothing else.

Actually, we should strengthen those who drive the economy and purchase products (the middle class). THAT will attract business here, nothing else.

Yes, we should make it more attractive to start a business here.
Of course that would involve reducing regulations and cutting our highest in the world corporate tax rates.
The exact opposite of what Obama wants.

The economy is really bad and it's all Obama's fault but no one should need a helping hand because there are plenty of jobs except that unemployment is really way higher than the govt says it is - except when it comes to the people who are out of work and need a helping hand, then there's plenty of jobs so they don't need help but that doesn't mean the economy is good.
Got it!

Have you ever seen those cartoons where the guy is looking at this person who is on their soap box talking and yet all he hears is "blah, blah, blah, blah...." Usually, it's because the person talking is saying something so factually incorrect or so "canned" that it goes beyond boring into the realm of robotic. I'm getting like that with the left. Not an original thought or concious attempt at facts.

The economy is bad. That part of the above statement is definately correct. It is the WORST recovery since the great depression, although the recession that we had was NOT the worst since the great depression. Jimmy's (the one that Reagan fixed) was far worse. Double-digit unemployment, 21% interest rates, and double-digit inflation racked this country.

And I'm not sure I have ever understood the inability of the left to understand a simple fact. If you are going to grow the government and give SSI to everyone who claims PTSD from not being able to find the job they WANT (after all there are a limited number of entry level CEO positions), just how much do you think you are allowed to STEAL from me to redistribute for such situations? I mean if you had a job on an assembly line making $70,000 a year and the company goes under. Guess what? You may have to work at a $30,000 a year job for awhile until you find another.

Conservatives don't mind helping people. Where we have this major problem is helping people who REFUSE to help themselves. Like I've always said, you want to stand on the corner all day? Great, you have that right. But I pay you NOTHING for doing it. How you survive is up to you. Where your next meal comes from is not my concern. If you have to sleep under a bridge, that's on you home boy. You want to stop sleeping under a bridge? Then take one of those ENTRY LEVEL positions they cannot find people to fill. And guess what? You might have to work TWO JOBS to even have enough (every liberal reading this just shuddered). When you do that, then you come see me... You should be FIRST IN LINE for assistance.

Of course that would involve reducing regulations and cutting our highest in the world corporate tax rates.

All the cutting of regulations and tax rates in the world wont entice business if there are no consumers.

I've never seen a large corporation yet that couldn't get the rules bent if that's what they wanted.

All the cutting of regulations and tax rates in the world wont entice business if there are no consumers.

Raising taxes and adding regulations doesn't create consumers and doesn't increase output.

Raising taxes and adding regulations doesn't create consumers and doesn't increase output.

You're right, it doesn't. Your point is?

Well yes it can. Lower prices = more customers. Besides that, lack of customers for an entire economy sounds like an impossibility. I mean people have to buy something with their money. If they don't that just means they are waiting for better things later, which the higher savings rate would make possible.

I think that it's a bit ridiculous to imply that the most indebted economy in the world with 10% gdp deficits and interest rates at 0%, not to mention countless consumption oriented policies and low savings rate/capital accumulation has shortage of demand and consumption.

Maybe in the short run you could make the case, but I think the ammo is running out even for that.

So you got Zero. Not surprising. And let's see, hmmm. Double? What is two times zero? NM. Your a mondless drone whose every thought and opinion is spoonfed to you.
I can prove this about you.
You cannot prove this about me.
This would be the difference between us.

You already lost the argument about double taxation, you should just go hide under your bed.

Obama wants nothing more than to add taxes and regulations.
I wonder why the recovery is so anemic?
Despite his additional $5 trillion in deficit spending.

All I see from the conservative standpoint is that raising taxes are bad, lowering them is good, reducing regulations is good, increasing them is bad; Obama is raising taxes; obama is increasing regulations.

Any proof to any of these statements?? In a bad economy, is there any proof that decreasing taxes has helped unemployment?

During the obama administration, I have seen plenty of tax decreases. Where are the increases you are concerned about?
during the abama administration, there has been a major effort to decrease regulations. What new regulations are you concerned about?

So, you want to decrease taxes and decrease regulations. Show me when this has ever helped a bad economy in terms of decreasing unemployment. Because I can show the opposite, on more than one occasion.

So your theory is "all those taxes and regulations" and not the fact that the consumer class has had stagnant wages for years now and thus weakened purchasing power is the problem?

All I see from the conservative standpoint is that raising taxes are bad, lowering them is good, reducing regulations is good, increasing them is bad; Obama is raising taxes; obama is increasing regulations.

Any proof to any of these statements?? In a bad economy, is there any proof that decreasing taxes has helped unemployment?

During the obama administration, I have seen plenty of tax decreases. Where are the increases you are concerned about?
during the abama administration, there has been a major effort to decrease regulations. What new regulations are you concerned about?

So, you want to decrease taxes and decrease regulations. Show me when this has ever helped a bad economy in terms of decreasing unemployment. Because I can show the opposite, on more than one occasion.

Yes, conservatives think overregulation is bad, taxes are high enough and Obama is taking the country in the wrong direction.

Recent polls indicate that 63% of likely voters think the country is on the wrong track.

In a bad economy, is there any proof that decreasing taxes has helped unemployment?

In 1981, Reagan's phased in tax cuts reduced the top rate from 70% to 50%. Unemployment peaked at 10.8% at the end of 1982 and by the 1984 election were 7.2%.

During the obama administration, I have seen plenty of tax decreases.

Which ones were you seeing?

Where are the increases you are concerned about?

He wants to raise the tax on capital gains, on dividends, on corporations, on the "rich" and I even heard a rumor that Obamacare is really a tax hike. Luckily, cap and trade is dead.

during the abama administration, there has been a major effort to decrease regulations.

OMG! That's funny.

So your theory is "all those taxes and regulations" and not the fact that the consumer class has had stagnant wages for years now and thus weakened purchasing power is the problem?

I guess I could listen to your theory that shows how increasing taxes and regulations will raise wages.....

I guess I could listen to your theory that shows how increasing taxes and regulations will raise wages.....

Funny, I don't remember saying that. Feel free to link me to it. I'd love to read about my own opinion.

Do you always get so defensive when you have no answer for a simple question?

Forum List

Back