The Liberal Opinion That Should Be Taught In Every Minority Community

Reading your children bedtime stories could give them an unfair advantage, sounds to me that should be shouted from every roof top in minority communities.

"I don’t think parents reading their children bedtime stories should constantly have in their minds the way that they are unfairly disadvantaging other people’s children, but I think they should have that thought occasionally."

Is having a loving family an unfair advantage - The Philosopher s Zone - ABC Radio National Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Sick Idiot wrote this.........................should put him in a padded cell for extended observation..................
There's no difference in that nonsense than in the 'no score keeping' and 'everyone gets a trophy'. Same unprincipled drivel.

Last edited:
There'
Reading your children bedtime stories could give them an unfair advantage, sounds to me that should be shouted from every roof top in minority communities.

"I don’t think parents reading their children bedtime stories should constantly have in their minds the way that they are unfairly disadvantaging other people’s children, but I think they should have that thought occasionally."

Is having a loving family an unfair advantage - The Philosopher s Zone - ABC Radio National Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Sick Idiot wrote this.........................should put him in a padded cell for extended observation..................
There's no difference in that nonsense than in the 'no score keeping' and 'everyone gets a trophy'. Same unprincipled drivel.
I'm stating my opinion, which you disagree with it seems.............., and I say the author of this article is a Nut...................Hoping they put him in a padded cell for observation..............

Just an opinion of a lunatic that wrote this garbage.

Oh, find a moron then claim that moron represents the thoughts of everyone in a particular group.

Silly time!!
Liberalism wants everything fair, it's a liberal idea. If Obama supported it, you would fall over yourself to support it. You are a leftist puppet.

If if if if if if if

Oh, find a moron then claim that moron represents the thoughts of everyone in a particular group.

Silly time!!
Liberalism wants everything fair, it's a liberal idea. If Obama supported it, you would fall over yourself to support it. You are a leftist puppet.

If if if if if if if
True true true true true true true

There'

I'm stating my opinion, which you disagree with it seems.............., and I say the author of this article is a Nut...................Hoping they put him in a padded cell for observation..............

Just an opinion of a lunatic that wrote this garbage.

I completely agree... the author is a nut. But no more so than any other leftist.

You see Left-think is a consequence of mental disorder. Can't be a Leftist and not a nut. The two concepts are synonymous.

After reading over half of the article, I had to stop, it was just too ridiculous and stupid. Can anyone, in their right mind, and with a heart, take a child away from loving parents? Taking a child out of the home is only necessary in cases of gross neglect, abuse, molestation, starvation, lack of proper health care, and other terrible circumstances. It would be all-out war if authorities tried taking most children from their parents. In my case, I'd have to run out of ammo, or be killed in order for authorities to take one of mine. And, I imagine many parents feel the same way as I do.

The bottom line, it's a ridiculous article, and obviously written by a real basket case.

You should have finished the article, because even though it was about the thoughts of a leftist social philosopher the greatest take away was that a loving family and reading to your children gives them a social advantage. That is a lesson that needs to be taught in every school in America. Just because this idiot claims that is an unfair advantage because all children don't have families that properly nurture them, to me, is just a side note. Maybe all children's books should carry a warning label "Caution reading this to your child could give them an unfair advantage". What do you think that would motivate even the uneducated to do?
No need to read a dumb articles that talks about it might be best to take children out of the home. Besides, I already know what it meant to my kids to read to them. So, what's the point? It was a dumb article. A lot of parents read to their kids. Also, the advantage for kids is having loving parents and a loving family. Books are just a side-note.
I agree it was a pretty dumb article but the author's statement about parents reading books to young children giving them an advantage is right on. Reading to young children is an essential part of early childhood education. A number of studies have concluded that a child that is ill prepared for 1st grade is very likely to fall behind in elementary school and remain so through their academy career. Exposing young children to books is really important. However, there is a big discrepancy between the numbers of books found in affluent families vs. low income families.

A college professor did a study some years ago comparing the number of books found in low income families and affluent families in Philadelphia. The numbers were pretty shocking.

Susan Neuman, now a professor at New York University, focused on that discrepancy, in a study that looked at just how many books were available in Philadelphia's low-income neighborhoods. The results were startling.

"We found a total of 33 books for children in a community of 10,000 children. ... Thirty-three books in all of the neighborhood," she says. By comparison, there were 300 books per child in the city's affluent communities. Neuman recently updated her study. She hasn't yet released those findings but says not much has changed.

Nonprofit Fights Illiteracy By Getting Books To Kids Who Need Them NPR

That's why I said this should be taught in every minority community. Books are out there from dirt cheep, at garage sales, to free at the public library. It's a matter of education where minorities make it a priority.

They should be encouraging parents to spend more quality time with their children. Of course, if the parent isn't able to read then they can't help their children with that.

I just know I don't feel guilty for being the best parent I could be and I wasn't being unfair to the neighbor's children by being attentive to my own. Maybe my neighbor should have felt guilty for going out drinking and having her young children on their own. And the teachers tried, but can't make up for years of parental neglect. Doesn't help that some parents yell at the teachers if their children don't do well in school.

Most people who are functionally illiterate can read well enough to read children's books, maybe, just maybe the parents can improve their own skills while bonding with the kiddos.

Only a left loon could ever think spending quality time with your children is wrong. Liberalism it truly some sort of mental disorder

And yet the most liberal people I know have spend huge amounts of time reading to their children. So I call bullshit on your statement, above.

I agree, but the best part of his message should be repeated over and over. Children can get a major advantage if parents will just read to them.

Only a left loon could ever think spending quality time with your children is wrong. Liberalism it truly some sort of mental disorder

But it takes only a marginally right leaning idiot to miss the fact that he didn't say whether it was right or wrong. Unless the marginally right leaning idiot only read the headline, skimmed a couple of paragraphs and came away as if they knew the whole story.

In fact, there's truth to what's actually being said in the article. There are at least 2 ways of dealing with the issue of opportunity equality - either flatten against the ceiling or flatten against the floor. Of course, flattening against the ceiling would require a much larger cost (meaning more taxes and government "intrusions") than flattening against the floor, but most marginally right leaning idiots would probably opt for flattening against the floor because of that.

So, that said, aren't you just another left loon for suggesting that giving our kids the best possible opportunity is the better way to go?

This board seems to have it's share of people with mental disorders, but liberalism isn't one of them.

They should be encouraging parents to spend more quality time with their children. Of course, if the parent isn't able to read then they can't help their children with that.

I just know I don't feel guilty for being the best parent I could be and I wasn't being unfair to the neighbor's children by being attentive to my own. Maybe my neighbor should have felt guilty for going out drinking and having her young children on their own. And the teachers tried, but can't make up for years of parental neglect. Doesn't help that some parents yell at the teachers if their children don't do well in school.

Most people who are functionally illiterate can read well enough to read children's books, maybe, just maybe the parents can improve their own skills while bonding with the kiddos.
The question was asked in the study as to why they don't read to their children. An overwhelming number said that there were so many other more important things to do. Another top answer was the kids like TV better.

Drugs are used in at least 10% of these families. 12% are single parent families, 40% do not have any adults that have full time jobs, and most disturbing nearly 50% believed that their children's lives would be no better than their own.

Bedtime stories prepared me for the bible, established religion, and the myth of Santa Claus. Had a big book of hundreds of stories, and I would read them every night before sleep.

The question was asked in the study as to why they don't read to their children. An overwhelming number said that there were so many other more important things to do. Another top answer was the kids like TV better.

Drugs are used in at least 10% of these families. 12% are single parent families, 40% do not have any adults that have full time jobs, and most disturbing nearly 50% believed that their children's lives would be no better than their own.

Thanks, you just proved the need for educating people about this, if they don't know better, they can't do better. It won't give instant change but over a couple of generations it could make a big difference.

Forum List

Back