The Levant Mess

The Turkish army invaded the Syrian territory and took control of the hill Tal Ziyab. Troops crossed the border accompanied by bulldozers.

After occupying the high ground (50 meters), the Turkish force built fortifications. Also, 3 battle tanks, 2 armored infantry fighting vehicles and several SUVs were deployed there.

Considering the location of Tal Ziyab, Turkey wants to cover the smuggling route of the Syrian oil which is taken out of the ISIS-controlled Raqqa.

Turkey Invaded Syria, Captured Tal Ziyab

So the Iraqi army can fight, just not against ISIS I suppose.

That is pretty idiotic comment given the ground realities.

It appears Iraq fears Turkey more than ISIS.

Turkey is ISIS.

ISIS was propped up by Israel, Turkey and few other Sunni countries in the region.

neither Turkey nor Israel " IS " ISIS Turkey is ITS OWN CALIPHATE (like Iran is its own caliphate and the Indian subcontinent is the MOGHUL EMPIRE.)
None of the caliphates actually LIKE each other-----they are in competition. ---of
course the SHIITES in the INDIAN SUBCONTINENT are part of the IRANIAN SHIITE SHIT coalition

"We see Syria fundamentally very similarly, we want the same outcomes, we see the same dangers, we understand the same challenges," Kerry said. He added that the two nations have been “honest with differences,” but in general agree that the crisis in the Middle Eastern country “requires political process.”

“Russia and the United States agree that you can't defeat Daesh without also de-escalating the fight in Syria,” the Secretary of State said, adding that both Moscow and Washington are “focused on political process” and that “Syrians will be making decisions on the future of Syria.”

Kerry also said that Moscow and Washington have found “common ground” on which opposition groups should participate in the Syrian peace talks.

‘We see Syria fundamentally very similarly’ – Kerry after talks with Putin, Lavrov

A treason investigation has been launched against a Turkish MP who alleged in an exclusive interview with RT that Islamic State jihadists delivered deadly sarin gas to Syria through Turkey.

Ankara’s Chief Prosecutor's Office opened the case against Istanbul MP Eren Erdem of Republican People's Party (CHP) after his interview about sarin was aired on RT on Monday.

"Chemical weapon materials were brought to Turkey and put together in ISIS camps in Syria, which was known as the Iraqi Al-Qaeda at that time."

Turkish MP faces treason charges after telling RT ISIS used Turkey for transiting sarin

"We see Syria fundamentally very similarly, we want the same outcomes, we see the same dangers, we understand the same challenges," Kerry said. He added that the two nations have been “honest with differences,” but in general agree that the crisis in the Middle Eastern country “requires political process.”

“Russia and the United States agree that you can't defeat Daesh without also de-escalating the fight in Syria,” the Secretary of State said, adding that both Moscow and Washington are “focused on political process” and that “Syrians will be making decisions on the future of Syria.”

Kerry also said that Moscow and Washington have found “common ground” on which opposition groups should participate in the Syrian peace talks.

‘We see Syria fundamentally very similarly’ – Kerry after talks with Putin, Lavrov

the year that Kerry ran for president-----being a firm democrat by birth----I registered my disapproval of that jerk by, simply, not voting. As oracle at usmb----I will AGAIN oracleize (you lucky people) ------"defeat of ISIS" will throw the world into
disarray. Think SUNNI folks. then think ~~~~ Shiite
Shiite is actually a whole bunch of------sects ---some who do not like each other----
but altogether less than 10% of the population of muslims. Something like 90% are sorta all sunnis who hate the guts of Shiites. Sunnis in various parts of the world entertain themselves by random attacks on Shiites of the Farook/Tashfeen
kind. Killing Shiites in the streets of Pakistan is kinda NORMATIVE BEHAVIOR.
Saudi arabia is mostly sunni. Now for the important information-----Iran is the epicenter of SHIITISM. Iran wants-------Yemen for a few reasons-----its PORTS as in Aden, Taiz, etc and as a stepping stone to the BLACK
ROCK ISIS is already in the way. He who owns the rock------OWNS ISLAM, Some of you dear innocent people seemed to have MISSED Iran's declaration in the UN-------IRAN HAS
DECLARED ****ISLAM IS THE RELIGION FOR THE WHOLE WORLD****
That would be Shiite islam-------before that noble cause can be realized-----
IRAN MUST OWN THE BLACK ROCK. ------more than a billion muslims (sunnis)
will be willing to DIE FOR THE DAMNED ROCK. could someone here let
Kerry know?

did I mention the conclusion? Isis actually is a stumbling block to Iran-----
and its ambitions. Defeat of ISIS is an excellent idea so long as the
program includes extracating Iran from Yemen. The present cease fire
over there is--------not a cure

Analysis: The Different Stages of Iranian Support for ISIS

thanks aris------I don't know how they keep their heads on straight with so MANY complex family relationships -------those polygamous families are probably just
training grounds for this kind of IMPOSSIBLE MESS

I'm having a hard time looking back in history and finding a more convoluted, crazy mess. Not only the number of players on the ground, in the air and supporting from outside, but the goals of all concerned are just a myriad of, of, of I don't know what.`I swear every other day I hear another perspective on this that just adds another layer.

I was talking to a friend who asked for my take on it , i just laughed.

- Lets see you you have moderate anti Assad fighters(quit laughing there are probably a couple) who are fighting Assad and isis.
- Other islamists al nusra and the like fighting with the mods against Assad and isis.
- Assad forces fighting the mods, nusra, isis and almost turkey.
- the Kurds fighting isis, turkey and apparently not openly yet but vary wary of iran
- iraq fighting isis, royally pissed at turkey, have internal divisions between shia and sunni and not particularly fond of the kurds. oh and they don't like Assad.
- hezbollah fighting isis with Irans backing,and not very fond of any of the sunnis including the kurds who lay claim to portions of lebanon.
- Iran supporting hezbollah, at times the kurds(for the moment), and iraqs shia which of course worries iraqs sunnis as well as all the other sunnis.
- bombing of isis by US, Britain, France, assad forces, formerly canadians, i think the aussies have gotten involved - bombing of isis and mods/al nusra by russia and of course occasionally fuel trucks heading for turkey. wary of the US & allies
- turkey backing & buying oil from isis to fight the kurds and worried about shia iran/hezbollah
- the US supporting the mods nusra and supposedly inadvertenly isis. at odds with russia, looking to topple Assad. Have ME allies funding isis. worried about iran, hezbollah, nusra. .supposedly pissed at turkey but is a nato ally. praying the Isrealis stay out of it.
- saudis & other gulf countries supplying anti Assad forces and most seem to believe funding isis as a counter to iran
- lebanon has hezbollah and is a major conduit for supplies to anti assad forces from sunni gulf states while gulf states supply funding to anti shia/iran isis.
- germans showing up to do something, not sure what

I'm sure I forgot some one.

Then there's the why.

-The mods want assad, isis, iran, hezbollah, russia, turkey gone to run democratic country. Would probably lose the first election 14,000,000 to 8
- al nusra wants to get rid of assad, isis and eventually the mods. institute sharia.
- hezbollah/lebanon wants rid of assad, isis, nusra and eventually the mods, establish shia crescent as barrier to sunnis/saudi
- iraq wants isis dead is schizzo on saudi/sunni vs iran/shia wants turkey, russia out, assad dead
- iran wants shia control as buffer to sunni/saudi. wants to shut up kurds. and piss off/spit at US,
- turkey couldn't give rats ass about syria wants isis to keep kurds busy while erdogans family makes money off of oil shipped by isis. probably barking up wrong tree with russians.
-saudis/allies want assad dead, sunnis in control as buffer to iran/shia
- Russians couldn't give rats ass about syria want isis, mods, nusra dead. wants to block oil/nat gas pipeline thru area. having fun trying out new weapons, spitting at the US, looking macho back home. siding with shia vs sunni to counter opec rival saudi. Keeping western powers busy while reestablishing control over former soviet block. Waiting for photo op of bare chested Putin sitting on cruise missile.
- US & allies want assad, isis, al nusra dead. want iran, russia, hezbollah out. Want turkey to shut up, kurds to fight
isis, nusra but not mods and turkey and then shut up. want sunni control as buffer to iran/shia and to piss off russians and put oil/gas pipeline through area. Want iraq to stop being sunni vs shia schizzo. want mods to set up democratic govt patterned after New Jersey.
- isis wants to kill & rape everyone, destroy the world, die, get 72 virgins.

- Oh and all parties other than US and allies, kill the jews.

I'm having a hard time looking back in history and finding a more convoluted, crazy mess. Not only the number of players on the ground, in the air and supporting from outside, but the goals of all concerned are just a myriad of, of, of I don't know what.`I swear every other day I hear another perspective on this that just adds another layer.

- Lets see you you have moderate anti Assad fighters(quit laughing there are probably a couple) who are fighting Assad and isis.
- Other islamists al nusra and the like fighting with the mods against Assad and isis.
- the Kurds fighting isis, turkey and apparently not openly yet but vary wary of iran
- iraq fighting isis, royally pissed at turkey, have internal divisions between shia and sunni and not particularly fond of the kurds. oh and they don't like Assad.
- hezbollah fighting isis with Irans backing,and not very fond of any of the sunnis including the kurds who lay claim to portions of lebanon.
- Iran supporting hezbollah, at times the kurds(for the moment), and iraqs shia which of course worries iraqs sunnis as well as all the other sunnis.
- bombing of isis by US, Britain, France, assad forces, formerly canadians, i think the aussies have gotten involved - bombing of isis and mods/al nusra by russia and of course occasionally fuel trucks heading for turkey. wary of the US & allies
- turkey backing & buying oil from isis to fight the kurds and worried about shia iran/hezbollah
- the US supporting the mods nusra and supposedly inadvertenly isis. at odds with russia, looking to topple Assad. Have ME allies funding isis. worried about iran, hezbollah, nusra. .supposedly pissed at turkey but is a nato ally. praying the Isrealis stay out of it.
- saudis & other gulf countries supplying anti Assad forces and most seem to believe funding isis as a counter to iran
- lebanon has hezbollah and is a major conduit for supplies to anti assad forces from sunni gulf states while gulf states supply funding to anti shia/iran isis.

Then there's the why.

-The mods want assad, isis, iran, hezbollah, russia, turkey gone to run democratic country. Would probably lose the first election 14,000,000 to 8
- al nusra wants to get rid of assad, isis and eventually the mods. institute sharia.
- hezbollah/lebanon wants rid of assad, isis, nusra and eventually the mods, establish shia crescent as barrier to sunnis/saudi
- iraq wants isis dead is schizzo on saudi/sunni vs iran/shia wants turkey, russia out, assad dead
- iran wants shia control as buffer to sunni/saudi. wants to shut up kurds. and piss off/spit at US,
- turkey couldn't give rats ass about syria wants isis to keep kurds busy while erdogans family makes money off of oil shipped by isis. probably barking up wrong tree with russians.
- Russians couldn't give rats ass about syria want isis, mods, nusra dead. wants to block oil/nat gas pipeline thru area. having fun trying out new weapons, spitting at the US, looking macho back home. siding with shia vs sunni to counter opec rival saudi. Keeping western powers busy while reestablishing control over former soviet block. Waiting for photo op of bare chested Putin sitting on cruise missile.
- US & allies want assad, isis, al nusra dead. want iran, russia, hezbollah out. Want turkey to shut up, kurds to fight
isis, nusra but not mods and turkey and then shut up. want sunni control as buffer to iran/shia and to piss off russians and put oil/gas pipeline through area. Want iraq to stop being sunni vs shia schizzo. want mods to set up democratic govt patterned after New Jersey.

There were some thing like 100 differing groups engaged in the conflict. Many now have out of necessity merged together. There are so many religions, tribal ties and philosophical elements and now so many international forces and interests in this. It have become a global issue.

The middle east has always be a complicated mix since the dawn of civilization.

Then there's the why.

There were some thing like 100 differing groups engaged in the conflict. Many now have out of necessity merged together. There are so many religions, tribal ties and philosophical elements and now so many international forces and interests in this. It have become a global issue.

The middle east has always be a complicated mix since the dawn of civilization.

I couldn't begin to imagine trying to include tribal ties. Not that I could by any stretch of the imagination. I would think some one knowledgeable on the subject would scoff at trying.

I can't even begin to think of how I hope/want this end, other than the fantasy of removing all noncombatants and letting the rest fight it out. Then shoot the winner and let the noncombatants go home.

The power of propaganda is amazing. Iran who is fighting IS is being blamed for supporting IS. Israel who is supporting IS openly is being credited for fighting IS.

Israelis caught aiding and abetting terrorists:

Israeli Commandos Rescue Al-Nusra Terrorists

Did you read your Islamic propaganda link, as that is all it is propaganda

vik swallowed the crap------I especially enjoyed the blanking out of the faces
of the arab actors------for the record----Israel has admitted treating wounded left lying
in the gutter by Vik's pals. Sorry vik------

Actually, foul mouthed old woman, they are your pals because they are allies of Israel.

of the arab actors------for the record----Israel has admitted treating wounded left lying

Actually, foul mouthed old woman, they are your pals because they are allies of Israel.

right ----they are allies of Israel like Iranians LOVE HINDU INDIANS------for that matter----generally speaking ----like Iranians LOVE muslim Indians-----best of all --
like Iranians LOVE ---SHIITE MUSLIM INDIANS. Sit back and enjoy----your
boy Modi has opened a can of worms

The power of propaganda is amazing. Iran who is fighting IS is being blamed for supporting IS. Israel who is supporting IS openly is being credited for fighting IS.

And all this propaganda is coming from islamonazi propagandists like yourself to hide the real truth. A pity you have failed in this task and will not get your 72 raisins when you go to hell

According to you and your propaganda, no actual evidence that can be traced to a reputable source.

According to you and your propaganda, no actual evidence that can be traced to a reputable source.

for a compendium of islamo Nazi sites-----search "Israel supports isis"

the shit is coming out the usual suspects------Iranian, USA white supremist---and
Nazi filth, in general

right ----they are allies of Israel like Iranians LOVE HINDU INDIANS------for that matter----generally speaking ----like Iranians LOVE muslim Indians-----best of all --
like Iranians LOVE ---SHIITE MUSLIM INDIANS. Sit back and enjoy----your
boy Modi has opened a can of worms

I am not saying Israel loves IS or IS loves Israel. At the moment, however, Israel and IS are allies and together they are inflicting misery on Syrians.

Forum List

Back