The Left's Unlikely Alliance with Islam

Jack Fate

I'm Your Daddy
May 31, 2010
Northern Washington state
This article hits the nail right on the head in my estimation. What do you think?

As we look around the world at the countries that practice Islam as a state religion, it is almost incomprehensible that the left should defend Islam so fervently. We don't have to look to the radicals in the Taliban or Hamas to see issues that most Americans would question. Sharia Law is practiced by most Islamic centric countries, and it is in almost direct opposition to the principles on which America was established and in direct contrast to the agenda of the left in America. What is important to realize is that Sharia Law isn't an outlier, practiced by radicals like al-Qaeda, but actually the mainstream core of jurisprudence in the Islamic world.

Rest of the OP here: American Thinker: The Left's Unlikely Alliance with Islam

This article hits the nail right on the head in my estimation. What do you think?

As we look around the world at the countries that practice Islam as a state religion, it is almost incomprehensible that the left should defend Islam so fervently. We don't have to look to the radicals in the Taliban or Hamas to see issues that most Americans would question. Sharia Law is practiced by most Islamic centric countries, and it is in almost direct opposition to the principles on which America was established and in direct contrast to the agenda of the left in America. What is important to realize is that Sharia Law isn't an outlier, practiced by radicals like al-Qaeda, but actually the mainstream core of jurisprudence in the Islamic world.

yeah, defending freedom of religion is about as unamerican as it gets.

i'm sure that's incomprehensible if one has the reasoning skills of a doorknob.

Because they are IDIOTS. Since Liberals think that most conservatives are Christians, they assume everyone opposed to Islam is a conservative. So they defend Sharia law and Islam.

We have threads on here where I and others have pointed out the STUPIDITY of supporting Sharia Law and the response is, "golly gee, they only want it for non criminal purposes" " there is no danger to the US Justice system if we just let them have civil cases" and other mindless drivel.

They also live in a world of denial. Islam is not responsible for Islamic terrorists according to them, Islam is not responsible for preaching death to non believers, Islam is a religion of Peace after all, right?

Calm down now and take a deep breath. Slowly read the entire article, pausing to ponder a revelation, and I'm sure the answer to your question will be found.

Two things. Sharia Law is NOT freedom of Religion.

And the 1st Amendment is not a death pact. We freely ban supposed religions that advocate human sacrifices, murder or civil war. Islam advocates murder, mayhem and the absolute control of Government at ALL levels. It advocates the destruction of all other religions and all other forms of Government. It advocates the conversion of all people or they can be killed.

Yeah, those liberal bastards defending the freedom of religion!

Seriously, y'all are confusing (or purposely spinning that) defending a group against religious persecution and advocating their right to worship with condoning or even adhering to the belief set of said religion.

Seriously, y'all are confusing (or purposely spinning that) defending a group against religious persecution and advocating their right to worship with condoning or even adhering to the belief set of said religion.

you know it's intentional. they're trash.

Support for the mosque or opposing it isn't a liberal/conservative issue, I'm an "old right" conservative and support the right to build the Mosque based on property rights, Pat Buchanan opposes it and he's a paleo conservative,Michael F. Scheuer;the CIA analysis who endorsed Ron Paul; opposes it yet Ron Paull supports it based on property rights, Senator Harry Reid ;a liberal as well as FOX liberal Juan Williams opposes it.

Personally, I think conservatives as a whole missed a great opportunity on this one, they could have showed how much they support property rights and how tolerant they are of others and their right to practice the Religion of their choice instead of this display of fear or whatever.

Last edited:

If it were Jews, Catholics, Buddhists, etc being similarly persecuted and systematically attacked by a large contingency in this country I would be standing up defending them just like I do Islam.

If it were Jews, Catholics, Buddhists, etc being similarly persecuted and systematically attacked by a large contingency in this country I would be standing up defending them just like I do Islam.

Yep and if it was the Klan building next to MLK's birthplace;if no zoning laws or whatever were being violated; I'd support their right to do so. Freedom is messy.

And of course it's intentional. They have found a wedge issue that they can exploit. They know they can safely attack Islam and when the left stands up and defends it they can paint them as Islam's "allies" and thus Real Americans'™ enemy. It perverted and shameful. But it works.

Yep and if it was the Klan building next to MLK's birthplace;if no zoning laws or whatever were being violated; I'd support their right to do so. Freedom is messy.

The people on here were already ask that question and as I recall those that answered it all said since the KKK is not a religion they do not have the same rights and that it would be fine to oppose them then.

The people on here were already ask that question and as I recall those that answered it all said since the KKK is not a religion they do not have the same rights and that it would be fine to oppose them then.

I only speak for myself and just started back posting here so I didn't see that. Liberals no more have the higher ground than anyone else, they scream "RIGHTS" and then bitch about Glen Beck today or wants to dictate private property rights regarding business owners etc.

I have yet to see a lefty address the point of the OP.

Why do you guys do all you can to stick your thumb in the eye of Christianity, but will bend over and take it to defend Islam and apologize for it?

Why do you guys do all you can to stick your thumb in the eye of Christianity, but will bend over and take it to defend Islam and apologize for it?

Conservatives are Christian. Freedom of religion does not apply to white people or Christians.

Not a lefty but why "stick your thumb in the eye of" anything , all I care to defend regarding government and America is the Constitution.

Well, Jack, I'm a Catholic. What am I specifically doing to stick a thumb in the eye of my own religion?

How is defending another religion's freedom to worship apologizing for it?

Last edited:
i have yet to see a lefty address the point of the op.

Why do you guys do all you can to stick your thumb in the eye of christianity, but will bend over and take it to defend islam and apologize for it?

conservatives are christian. Freedom of religion does not apply to white people or christians.

RETARD ALERT! RETARD ALERT!

There's no need to go full retard, Sarge.

Interpretation [of the Koran] is not only impossible; it is blasphemous to Muslims.

Really? And that is supported by what? Certainly not by the simple fact that hundreds of millions of Muslims do NOT live their lives in strict adherence to the Koran...

To really get the article I think you have to understand what the author considers "the left." The left is not one monolithic block, just as the right isn't. For my analysis we are going to look at the "Daily Kos" left. I find it interesting that liberalsim today is more aligned in a foreign policy sense to the pre WWII republican party, i.e. isolationists. True liberalism from its inception in the French Revolution (libertie, egaltie, fraternite) was an international concept, with its proponents desiring its spread to the 4 corners of the earth. An old school liberal would be abhored by any type of sharia enviorment. This brings us to todays progressives, who have a decidedly lsolationist bent, with the exception of lambasting anything the US does. (you can throw in the pope too)

To them, the true threat is inside the country, what happens in some town in Saudi is not thier concern. They see the threat in Evengelical Christianty, not Sharia Islam, because they do not see it where they live. They see it in corporations, because by thier viewpoint the corporations have too much power. Here is where the alignment occurs. To the type of progressive I am talking about the power of the corporate class is tied to US hegemony. To hard core islamists US hegemony is what is stopping the rise of the caliphate. So both sides see an advantage of bringing down the current state of the US. For the progressives to implement thier ideas of goverment, for the islamists to bring the caliphate. neither side cares of the others goals, and in actuality they are mutually exclusive, but for the time being it is a common goal.

Forum List

Back