The Left's Unlikely Alliance with Islam

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Jack Fate, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Jack Fate

Jack Fate I'm Your Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    This article hits the nail right on the head in my estimation. What do you think?

As we look around the world at the countries that practice Islam as a state religion, it is almost incomprehensible that the left should defend Islam so fervently. We don't have to look to the radicals in the Taliban or Hamas to see issues that most Americans would question. Sharia Law is practiced by most Islamic centric countries, and it is in almost direct opposition to the principles on which America was established and in direct contrast to the agenda of the left in America. What is important to realize is that Sharia Law isn't an outlier, practiced by radicals like al-Qaeda, but actually the mainstream core of jurisprudence in the Islamic world.

Rest of the OP here: American Thinker: The Left's Unlikely Alliance with Islam

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    yeah, defending freedom of religion is about as unamerican as it gets.

i'm sure that's incomprehensible if one has the reasoning skills of a doorknob.

3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,973
    Because they are IDIOTS. Since Liberals think that most conservatives are Christians, they assume everyone opposed to Islam is a conservative. So they defend Sharia law and Islam.

We have threads on here where I and others have pointed out the STUPIDITY of supporting Sharia Law and the response is, "golly gee, they only want it for non criminal purposes" " there is no danger to the US Justice system if we just let them have civil cases" and other mindless drivel.

They also live in a world of denial. Islam is not responsible for Islamic terrorists according to them, Islam is not responsible for preaching death to non believers, Islam is a religion of Peace after all, right?

4. Jack Fate

Jack Fate I'm Your Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Calm down now and take a deep breath. Slowly read the entire article, pausing to ponder a revelation, and I'm sure the answer to your question will be found.

5. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,973
    Two things. Sharia Law is NOT freedom of Religion.

And the 1st Amendment is not a death pact. We freely ban supposed religions that advocate human sacrifices, murder or civil war. Islam advocates murder, mayhem and the absolute control of Government at ALL levels. It advocates the destruction of all other religions and all other forms of Government. It advocates the conversion of all people or they can be killed.

6. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    Yeah, those liberal bastards defending the freedom of religion!

Seriously, y'all are confusing (or purposely spinning that) defending a group against religious persecution and advocating their right to worship with condoning or even adhering to the belief set of said religion.

7. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    you know it's intentional. they're trash.

8. johnrocks

johnrocks Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Support for the mosque or opposing it isn't a liberal/conservative issue, I'm an "old right" conservative and support the right to build the Mosque based on property rights, Pat Buchanan opposes it and he's a paleo conservative,Michael F. Scheuer;the CIA analysis who endorsed Ron Paul; opposes it yet Ron Paull supports it based on property rights, Senator Harry Reid ;a liberal as well as FOX liberal Juan Williams opposes it.

Personally, I think conservatives as a whole missed a great opportunity on this one, they could have showed how much they support property rights and how tolerant they are of others and their right to practice the Religion of their choice instead of this display of fear or whatever.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  9. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    If it were Jews, Catholics, Buddhists, etc being similarly persecuted and systematically attacked by a large contingency in this country I would be standing up defending them just like I do Islam.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. johnrocks

johnrocks Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Yep and if it was the Klan building next to MLK's birthplace;if no zoning laws or whatever were being violated; I'd support their right to do so. Freedom is messy.