The Left's depressing response to the hate speech of Wanda Sykes

Is saying someone should have kidney failure actually a death wish?

Aside from that, the sensitivity police are out in full force this week.

If your kidneys don't work, you die.

As for the second comment, if anyone said that about Obama, the PC police would be out in full force and you know it.
If you say so, I originally took it to mean he'd pee his pants...but who knows? I thought it was funny.

If it meant that, it would have been funny. :lol:

Depends on who you think the PC police are ... :razz:

Ha ha ha...Depends..? :eusa_eh:

WANDA SYKES, COMEDIAN: Rush Limbaugh, one of your big critics -- boy, Rush Limbaugh said he hopes this administration fails. You know, so you're saying, I hope America fails. You're, like, I don't care about people losing their homes or jobs or our soldiers in Iraq. He just wants the country to fail. To me, that's treason. He's not saying anything different than what Usama bin Laden is saying. You know, you might want to look into this, sir, because I think maybe Rush Limbaugh was the 20th hijacker, but he was so strung out on Oxycontin, he missed his flight.

(LAUGHTER, BOOS)

SYKES: Too much? But you're laughing inside. I know you're laughing!

(LAUGHTER)

SYKES: Rush Limbaugh! I hope the country fails? I hope his kidneys fail, how about that?

(LAUGHTER)

SYKES: Needs a little waterboarding, that's what he needs.

Case in point.

Depends on who you think the PC police are ... :razz:

Ha ha ha...Depends..? :eusa_eh:

WANDA SYKES, COMEDIAN: Rush Limbaugh, one of your big critics -- boy, Rush Limbaugh said he hopes this administration fails. You know, so you're saying, I hope America fails. You're, like, I don't care about people losing their homes or jobs or our soldiers in Iraq. He just wants the country to fail. To me, that's treason. He's not saying anything different than what Usama bin Laden is saying. You know, you might want to look into this, sir, because I think maybe Rush Limbaugh was the 20th hijacker, but he was so strung out on Oxycontin, he missed his flight.

(LAUGHTER, BOOS)

SYKES: Too much? But you're laughing inside. I know you're laughing!

(LAUGHTER)

SYKES: Rush Limbaugh! I hope the country fails? I hope his kidneys fail, how about that?

(LAUGHTER)

SYKES: Needs a little waterboarding, that's what he needs.

Case in point.

I was laughing at the double meaning. :tongue:

http://ronanjames.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/depends.jpg

If your kidneys don't work, you die.

As for the second comment, if anyone said that about Obama, the PC police would be out in full force and you know it.
If you say so, I originally took it to mean he'd pee his pants...but who knows? I thought it was funny.

If she had said it while pulling the plug on his dialysis machine that woulda been bad. :eek:

Seriously, these are only JOKES! Rush does not have kidney disease and I'm pretty sure Wanda Sykes doesn't advocate murder or torture! :rolleyes:

If she had said it while pulling the plug on his dialysis machine that woulda been bad. :eek:

Seriously, these are only JOKES! Rush does not have kidney disease and I'm pretty sure Wanda Sykes doesn't advocate murder or torture! :rolleyes:
Now that I've googled the meaning of kidney failure it is actually funnier. Imagine Rush blowing up like a balloon and exploding because he can't pee. :rofl: Poetic justice for a fat blowhard.

Is saying someone should have kidney failure actually a death wish?

Aside from that, the sensitivity police are out in full force this week.

I'm not a medical doctor, but I'm pretty sure if you don't get very prompt attention, you die.

Kinda like a heart attack. At least that's what I'm thinking it's like. Thankfully I'm not an expert in renal failure.
renal failure can also take awhile to kill you. You can also go on a dialisis machine when you have kidney failure and live for years that way. Watching someone die from kidney failure is not a fun thing.
As for the comments, it was a sick joke and should not have got this much attention.

read the post above for further proof Tesh!

That would be an example, but I believe the post Midcan made that Elvis responded to was the same one that generated my initial post that he changed the subject and attacked.

Elvis chose to pick up the gauntlet and engage Midcan instead of calling him on the tactic like I did. The whole series between them is off-topic to this thread.

Based on your response to my question, I don't think I made my initial point well enough.

This is Midcan's post on the topic of the left's response to the Sykes' comments:
Where was your moral high ground when Bush joked about the cause of so many American deaths? Hypocrisy thy name is WillowTree.

The subject is now changed to Bush and comments that he apparently made about American deaths with video of same. This is supposedly to attack the credibility of the poster of the OP. Or, more simply put, an ad hominem attack on the poster of the OP.

This is the kind of tactic I'm talking about. Maybe some of the ones you cited rise to the same level for you. If so, which ones?
and I was just stating that both side do it, it is called politics. If you say I did something, I could find something on you equally as bad. It is the name of the game, it just depends on what side you are on and how you interrupt it. Really everyone on here is hypocrit including me.

Now that I've googled the meaning of kidney failure it is actually funnier. Imagine Rush blowing up like a balloon and exploding because he can't pee. :rofl: Poetic justice for a fat blowhard.
you have done it now Ravi. The PC police are going to be after you.
I also love how the right always says we are the PC Police but the first time someone make an un PC comment they are all over them.

you have done it now Ravi. The PC police are going to be after you.
I also love how the right always says we are the PC Police but the first time someone make an un PC comment they are all over them.

so you think wishing someone dead on national television is a PC issue? or are you just as partisan as you sound?

I just don't get this, why is it so horrible ... wouldn't you wish people you hate dead? Are all those people who wish other motorists dead so vile? What about the Jews who wished Hitler dead, were they evil to? I can understand taking death threats serious, but wishing someone would die in and of itself is so damned common and nothing but an opinion.

I just don't get this, why is it so horrible ... wouldn't you wish people you hate dead? Are all those people who wish other motorists dead so vile? What about the Jews who wished Hitler dead, were they evil to? I can understand taking death threats serious, but wishing someone would die in and of itself is so damned common and nothing but an opinion.

so you would be totally cool if someone in one of obama's town hall meetings or whatever he has now, stood up and say....

i wish you were dead ******, you fucking kenyan piece of shit ******....

that would be ok with you?

because the dems screamed their heads off anytime they even imagined a racial slight....yet...the left can say whatever they want, their not racist, bigots, sexists, etc...

so the democrats hate Rush as much as the Jews hated Hitler?

so you would be totally cool if someone in one of obama's town hall meetings or whatever he has now, stood up and say....

i wish you were dead ******, you fucking kenyan piece of shit ******....

that would be ok with you?

because the dems screamed their heads off anytime they even imagined a racial slight....yet...the left can say whatever they want, their not racist, bigots, sexists, etc...

Meh ... I wouldn't care really, for so many reasons.

Some may ... some Reps may to ... you never know.

Some may ... some Reps may to ... you never know.

Maybe Wanda does.

I just found out Wanda was black...maybe she has a good reason to hate on Rush the racist. :eusa_eh: Not that I think she meant it as anything but a joke.

Damn, you guys have been milking this all week.

I just found out Wanda was black...maybe she has a good reason to hate on Rush the racist. :eusa_eh: Not that I think she meant it as anything but a joke.

Damn, you guys have been milking this all week.

how is he racist? hating on Rush is one thing. Wishing him death is something else. and on national television, no less.

Forum List

Back