The Left's depressing response to the hate speech of Wanda Sykes

Really? :eusa_eh: So ... since I'm a "liberal" (according to many on here) I was somehow breaking an unwritten rule by laughing at the stupid nonsense jokes instead of whining about who said what and who laughed at it?

I've seen what you've written Kitten, I don't think you are a lib. You seem to hold just as many cons. positions as liberal positions. I would say if you cared to bone up on political ideology per se, as opposed to just issue by issue positions, you would probably end up being more conservative than not.

On this issue, I'm in your original camp, I didn't really care. I'm just in here sharp-shooting cuz I'm bored. :eusa_shhh:

Wow ... you are one of the few who read most of my posts. LOL It's not a bad thing nor am I being sarcastic. I was referring mainly to those like *cough*Willow*cough* who seem to think that since I disagree with some of her views that I am some flaming liberal. So, I stand corrected, you are not one of those.

However, I will clarify my point. Many liberals are like me, the original liberal ideology that I follow was a simple "live and let live" idea, which was their original stance on everything before the strange desire to censor people. Since then I have pushed from the label myself, simply because censorship does not coincide with my personal ideals. But the conservatives are also spinning from their center, and oddly the two are somehow merging on ideologies lately, just different sides.

I do agree that the current Dem party is not your granddad's democrat party. I also agree that civil libertarianism that used to be a part of the liberal ideology has been supplanted by some sort of mind control PCism weirdness. Great book on the subject I read in college: Illiberal Education: The Politics of Race and Sex on Campus by Dinesh D'Souza. Old now, but still true.

On the right, I'm not sure what to make of the Republican party. I joined it in the 1980s when being a Republican meant you agreed with Ronald Reagan. Considering he left office with a 63% approval rating (never mind what people say now, most agreed with him and liked him when he was there), it wasn't hard to do. Now that I've had time and space to see what the Republicans throw out when there is no Ronald Reagan, I'm not sure what they stand for, but it certainly isn't what I signed on to. If they get back to emphasizing personal responsibility; sound economic practices; a strong, but little used military; practical, non-controversial pro-family policies, then I'll look at signing up again. For now, I'll remain a non-aligned Libertarian.

I call. Please point me to my hypocritical response. Since you said ALWAYS.
by saying it is liberal response you are implying that the right does not do the same thing. We attack you, you attack Obama and so we then attack Bush and then you attack Gore. The whole system is hypocritical.

Thank you for putting words in my mouth, but no, I was not implying that the right doesn't do it. What I was saying is that that particular tactic is thematic of left-wing respondents. That's all I meant. I have not noticed that is "thematic" in right-wing respondents. If you would care to show that I'm mistaken, I may reconsider my opinion.
]
http://www.usmessageboard.com/media...e-hate-speech-of-wanda-sykes.html#post1211580
http://www.usmessageboard.com/us-la...-commission-petition-sign-it.html#post1183359

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...augh-i-hope-his-kidneys-fail.html#post1207061

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/76246-omg-the-right-does-it-too.html#post1209145

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/76371-wash-gov-oks-tax-cut-for-newspapers.html#post1212363

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/76371-wash-gov-oks-tax-cut-for-newspapers.html#post1212411

http://www.usmessageboard.com/educa...-benefit-from-private-school.html#post1203967

I can find more if you want!

and where was your moral high ground when you defended Obama's sitting under that lunatic pastor who said we deserved the 9/11 attacks? (among other things) pot meet the fucking kettle.

Obama distanced himself from Rev Wright's rhetoric. And did he really say 'deserve' or is that a construct of your empty headed biased ignorance? But the point is, you hypocrites don't distance yourselves from the likes of Rush boy because that all is all you have: stone throwers. Do you defend Bush while you criticize Obama? Hypocrite, add elvis to your list.

Oh what have I done? blasphemed against the Messiah?

He didn't distance himself from the rhetoric. he continued to attend the church after he made the comments. Wright said 9/11 was "America's chickens coming home to roost" He also said "Goddamn America" because of the three strike law. He also said whites started aids to kill the blacks and Obama did not stop attending the church. Nice to see you defend not only Obama for being associated with the lunatic, but the lunatic himself.

I don't listen to Rush, so you fail again, dipshit.

and where was your moral high ground when you defended Obama's sitting under that lunatic pastor who said we deserved the 9/11 attacks? (among other things) pot meet the fucking kettle.

Obama distanced himself from Rev Wright's rhetoric. And did he really say 'deserve' or is that a construct of your empty headed biased ignorance? But the point is, you hypocrites don't distance yourselves from the likes of Rush boy because that all is all you have: stone throwers. Do you defend Bush while you criticize Obama? Hypocrite, add elvis to your list.

He didn't distance himself from the rhetoric. he continued to attend the church after he made the comments. Wright said 9/11 was "America's chickens coming home to roost" He also said "Goddamn America" because of the three strike law. He also said whites started aids to kill the blacks and Obama did not stop attending the church. Nice to see you defend not only Obama for being associated with the lunatic, but the lunatic himself.

With all the pastors that have made that claim lately, I wonder how people can still go to those specific churches.

read the post above for further proof Tesh!

proof of what? did obama or did he not continue to attend Rev. Wright's church after he made these comments? I am sure you have let McCain off the hook for attending and supporting a church led by David Duke. I am sure you would have. Oh maybe not.

by saying it is liberal response you are implying that the right does not do the same thing. We attack you, you attack Obama and so we then attack Bush and then you attack Gore. The whole system is hypocritical.

Thank you for putting words in my mouth, but no, I was not implying that the right doesn't do it. What I was saying is that that particular tactic is thematic of left-wing respondents. That's all I meant. I have not noticed that is "thematic" in right-wing respondents. If you would care to show that I'm mistaken, I may reconsider my opinion.
]
http://www.usmessageboard.com/media...e-hate-speech-of-wanda-sykes.html#post1211580
http://www.usmessageboard.com/us-la...-commission-petition-sign-it.html#post1183359

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...augh-i-hope-his-kidneys-fail.html#post1207061

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/76246-omg-the-right-does-it-too.html#post1209145

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/76371-wash-gov-oks-tax-cut-for-newspapers.html#post1212363

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/76371-wash-gov-oks-tax-cut-for-newspapers.html#post1212411

http://www.usmessageboard.com/educa...-benefit-from-private-school.html#post1203967

I can find more if you want!

My original post was:

Look a liberal response, change the subject (preferably to Bush) and attack.

Political Chic said:
What a surprise that someone from the Left would wish a Conservative ill. NOT.

On November 4, 1994, Malveaux famously stated of Supreme Court Justice Thomas: "I hope his wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter and he dies early like many black men do, of heart disease....He is an absolutely reprehensible person."

ABC's Race Expert: Woman Who Hoped for Death of Clarence Thomas | NewsBusters.org

I generally don't laugh at jokes wishing someone would either get a disease or die. To me, it's not funny. It is vicious and in poor taste.

I'm not getting where she changed the subject and attacked. She argued by example that wishing a conservative would die, was, if not a common tactic, at least one in their bag of tricks by showing they had used before.

Post by Yurt:
where is wanda's apology? where is obama's?

Again, I don't see where this is a "change the subject and attack" situation. The issue was the Golf Reporter's comments. The issue was raised about the right being as upset as with the Sykes comments and this was the response. The Golf guy did apologize. Seems like this was drawing a fair distinction between the results in two somewhat similar cases.

Post by Willow:
tax cuts for business??? John effen Kerry is writing legislation to give tax cuts to NYT etc etc etx... hypocrites oh,, I heard it on tv so don't have a link.

The issue was WA State cutting taxes on newspapers. The post says that Kerry is writing legislation that would do the same thing for the NYTimes. I don't see how that is changing the subject. Still tax cuts for the papers. The theme of the hypocrisy of the left in supporting tax cuts in this instance is carried from one post to the next.

Post by Sinatra:
Remarkable is it not? The leftists are openly admitting that tax cuts ENHANCE opportunity for business growth and sustainability, but only doing so for selective examples that suit their personal political goals.

This is blatant statism here - choose certain businesses for tax cuts, thus ensuring future support by said businesses.

Good lord what a joke - and a dangerous one at that...

Again, the subject isn't changed.

Post by Yurt:
i really don't care where his kids go to school....but it is hypocritical to point to republicans or mccain and proclaim, they're out of touch with the common people and then send your kids to the elite of the elite private schools...

The topic was Obama sending his kids to private school and not supporting the voucher program in DC so that poor kids could have the same advantage as his daughters. I don't see how this changes the subject and attacks. It seems on point to me.

So far it seems like you are 0 fer....maybe you can point out what I didn't see in those posts.

With all the pastors that have made that claim lately, I wonder how people can still go to those specific churches.

because they believe the rhetoric.

Is saying someone should have kidney failure actually a death wish?

Aside from that, the sensitivity police are out in full force this week.

My original post was:

Political Chic said:

I'm not getting where she changed the subject and attacked. She argued by example that wishing a conservative would die, was, if not a common tactic, at least one in their bag of tricks by showing they had used before.

Post by Yurt:

Again, I don't see where this is a "change the subject and attack" situation. The issue was the Golf Reporter's comments. The issue was raised about the right being as upset as with the Sykes comments and this was the response. The Golf guy did apologize. Seems like this was drawing a fair distinction between the results in two somewhat similar cases.

Post by Willow:

The issue was WA State cutting taxes on newspapers. The post says that Kerry is writing legislation that would do the same thing for the NYTimes. I don't see how that is changing the subject. Still tax cuts for the papers. The theme of the hypocrisy of the left in supporting tax cuts in this instance is carried from one post to the next.

Post by Sinatra:
Remarkable is it not? The leftists are openly admitting that tax cuts ENHANCE opportunity for business growth and sustainability, but only doing so for selective examples that suit their personal political goals.

This is blatant statism here - choose certain businesses for tax cuts, thus ensuring future support by said businesses.

Good lord what a joke - and a dangerous one at that...

Again, the subject isn't changed.

Post by Yurt:
i really don't care where his kids go to school....but it is hypocritical to point to republicans or mccain and proclaim, they're out of touch with the common people and then send your kids to the elite of the elite private schools...

The topic was Obama sending his kids to private school and not supporting the voucher program in DC so that poor kids could have the same advantage as his daughters. I don't see how this changes the subject and attacks. It seems on point to me.

So far it seems like you are 0 fer....maybe you can point out what I didn't see in those posts.
you see them as supporting their arguement but when liberals do it they are changing the subject. I posted an article about a golfer and yurts response was where was obama's apology changing the subject back to obama.
As for the private school deal since we attacked McCain for living the high life, he had to put it back on obama for sending his kids to private school so therefore obama is hypocrit instead of discussing the real issue behind the voucher program. The whole thread on the voucher program was started to divert the subject from the real issue.
As for PC instead of discussing the one issue she had to bring up something that happened almost twenty years ago, therefore not really addressing the issue at hand.

If your kidneys don't work, you die.

As for the second comment, if anyone said that about Obama, the PC police would be out in full force and you know it.

I'm not a medical doctor, but I'm pretty sure if you don't get very prompt attention, you die.

Kinda like a heart attack. At least that's what I'm thinking it's like. Thankfully I'm not an expert in renal failure.

I admit to busting out laughing at that, it was one of my favorite lines. :lol: :eusa_angel:

As for the second comment, if anyone said that about Obama, the PC police would be out in full force and you know it.
If you say so, I originally took it to mean he'd pee his pants...but who knows? I thought it was funny.

proof of what? did obama or did he not continue to attend Rev. Wright's church after he made these comments? I am sure you have let McCain off the hook for attending and supporting a church led by David Duke. I am sure you would have. Oh maybe not.
we were discussing the issue with wanda and you had to go back to the old arguement of Rev. Wright which is a dead issue therefore proving my point even more to tech. Instead of discussing the issue started in the thread you have to throw Rev. Wright in there, next it will be Obama's connection with terrorism. If you don't have an arguement you must bring up the usual slander.
And by the way I could give a shit where McCain went to church, religion has nothing to do with politics and where someone attends church should stay out of the issue.

If you say so, I originally took it to mean he'd pee his pants...but who knows? I thought it was funny.

Ok. My wife is a nurse, so I've absorbed a lot about anatomy in the past 10 years. So maybe I take for granted what people know about the human body.

Depends on who you think the PC police are ... :razz:

Ha ha ha...Depends..? :eusa_eh:

WANDA SYKES, COMEDIAN: Rush Limbaugh, one of your big critics -- boy, Rush Limbaugh said he hopes this administration fails. You know, so you're saying, I hope America fails. You're, like, I don't care about people losing their homes or jobs or our soldiers in Iraq. He just wants the country to fail. To me, that's treason. He's not saying anything different than what Usama bin Laden is saying. You know, you might want to look into this, sir, because I think maybe Rush Limbaugh was the 20th hijacker, but he was so strung out on Oxycontin, he missed his flight.

(LAUGHTER, BOOS)

SYKES: Too much? But you're laughing inside. I know you're laughing!

(LAUGHTER)

SYKES: Rush Limbaugh! I hope the country fails? I hope his kidneys fail, how about that?

(LAUGHTER)

SYKES: Needs a little waterboarding, that's what he needs.

That would be an example, but I believe the post Midcan made that Elvis responded to was the same one that generated my initial post that he changed the subject and attacked.

Elvis chose to pick up the gauntlet and engage Midcan instead of calling him on the tactic like I did. The whole series between them is off-topic to this thread.

Based on your response to my question, I don't think I made my initial point well enough.

This is Midcan's post on the topic of the left's response to the Sykes' comments:
Where was your moral high ground when Bush joked about the cause of so many American deaths? Hypocrisy thy name is WillowTree.

The subject is now changed to Bush and comments that he apparently made about American deaths with video of same. This is supposedly to attack the credibility of the poster of the OP. Or, more simply put, an ad hominem attack on the poster of the OP.

This is the kind of tactic I'm talking about. Maybe some of the ones you cited rise to the same level for you. If so, which ones?

Forum List

Back