The Left's Constant Misuse of the Word "Bigot"

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
True that many on facebook have posted ultimatums to their friends. Those saying that they will unfriend anyone who criticizes Hillary, Sanders, Obama or holds an opposite opinion on some other issue. We all know a few. One of my ex-friends deleted me for changing my profile pic to support Paris after the terrorist attack. After a brief post on my page saying it was heartless that I ignored the suffering of others and yet openly supported Paris, she unfriended me. There was a lot of "shaming" on FB over that one. And few were interested in the fact that the liberal media hadn't made a big deal out of the Christians being slaughtered or numerous other atrocities. FB didn't offer an app to change one's profile pic to support those past victims. People react to what they know about. If the media opts for a brief mention before moving on to other stuff, people don't get riled. Paris had lots of coverage, unlike so many other horrible events.

So, one friend couldn't handle what she called bigotry and hit the delete button. Not much of a loss and I won't miss all the posts praising Bernie Sanders or the dozens of nasty memes bashing Republicans, but I was willing to put up with them for a friend. I have the ability to move past what I find "offensive" and manage to function amid differing views. On rare occassions, I even agree with a few. I didn't automatically dismiss everything. For the most part, it was a matter of scrolling onto the next thing. No need for hostility. I tend not to get political on facebook and prefer to keep things light for the most part. Lots of cat videos and jokes. When I want to debate politics, I come to USMB. Not crazy about hit and run posts that fail to articulate the argument. Get enough of those memes on facebook. Some are funny, but they should back up the argument you put forth and not stand alone.

Some people just absolutely, positively cannot tolerate any opinion that differs from their own. They can't even bear to see a post on their newsfeed that doesn't match their own. Oh, the humanity of having your safe space violated by seeing something you disagree with. Delete the person lest you be exposed to anything that might challenge your ideology. Doesn't bother me though a tad awkward when you encounter the person in the real world and you can see their discomfort as they wonder whether or not they should speak to you. I suspect that some might actually regret acting hastily and hitting the delete button. I bet some feel pretty stupid later when they calm down from the safe space violation and realize they have set themselves up for a few uncomfortable social situations. I mean, being unfriended is such huge deal. Not. Needless to say, the person was not a close friend and I shall go on. I am the one laughing here though maybe I should take pity on people for their ignorance.

I see the words racist and bigot thrown around a lot these days to describe those who dared to express an opinion different from their own. There is a false assumption that they are right and anyone not in total agreement deserves their instant wrath. The part that almost makes you want to laugh at them is the way they are demonstrating what a true bigot does. They refuse to tolerate others with a different view. It's laughable when they accuse the person they disagree with of being what they are actually being.

http://madworldnews.com/unfriend-facebook-pal/

Bigot...like racist is being overused to the point nobody cares anymore. Homophobia is reaching that level also

It's not a misuse of the word bigot to call a bigot a bigot.

It can't be helped there are a lot of bigots around who now feel the political environment is safe enough for them to take their masks off and reveal their true nature.

If you want to understand bigotry see 'Focus' great book but movie matches. Then extend your mind and apply what you've learned to all that you hear. Good luck

They realized they had overused the race card and had tofind something new, thus bigot. It's pretty obvious.
And therefore neither represents any truth. Just their word of the month, year, etc. to hope to rile those they have reeled in hook, line, and sinker.

Here's a crazy idea: Stop posting bigotry and you won't be called a bigot.

Actions have consequences.

It's amazing how many of the "Party of Personal Responsibility" don't seem to get that.

If those who are being bigots stop being bigots, they won't be called bigots.

I call bullflop that the OP was un friended over supporting Paris . I bet it was more like "f'n mosslims! Bomb them all!"

Trump is a bigot

IN your opinion what is his most "bigoted" policy proposal?

Hmm...hard to pick just one

Shutting down mosques
Rounding up Mexicans
Spying based on religion
Allowing refugees based on religion

There is nothing bigoted about wanting to enforce our democratically chosen immigration laws.

That you can seriously claim that there is is a good example of how insane the lib dominated Conventional Wisdom is.

Forum List

Back