The Left is Lying on Clean Coal

Liberals can't wait to kill the coal industry.

The left is lying on clean coal

There is no such thing as clean coal. If you ever find any, you might have something to talk about.
You are a liar!

The new coal fired plants have near zero particulate emissions. Your ilk just want to kill an industry that allows people to be self sufficient and in no need of government intrusion.
1) Coal jobs are not coming back. Automation and mining technologies have outpaced the old fashioned idea of an elevator crowded with miners descending into a deep,shaft mine. You might as well worry about whaler's jobs in New Bedford.

2) "Clean coal" is a marketing term for something that just does not exist. I know it refers to technology to mitigate the vast amounts of pollution from burning coal. But power plants, HERE IN COAL COUNTRY, are closing due to the cost of retrofitting plants with scrubbers. I have seen power plants (at Shippingport, PA, Stratton, Ohio and down river in Beilliant, Ohio close down while natural gas plants open up.

3) Coal is expensive. Expensive to mine, expensive to,process, expensive to remediate. Natural gas is cheaper, easier to transport and abundant.
Wrong on all three counts...

You obviously dont live or work in mining. All you have are left wing talking points and not one of them is true..

How many coal mining jobs has Trump brought back?

BTW, Sturgis, right down the road also made the top 10 most dangerous places to live in SD.but it has a zero violent murder rate. You are more likely to be knocked in the head and have your wallet stolen. And with over 90.6% of a the population being white, the other races don't even factor into the crime rate. So much for your home being that safe.

What happens to the crime rate in Sturgis when Bike Week is deleted? Sturgis has a population of fewer than 7,000 permanent citizens. Bike week it jumps to over 600,000.

Sturgis Motorcycle Rally 2019: Fatal crashes down, but arrests up
Michael Klinski, Sioux Falls Argus LeaderPublished 2:46 p.m. CT Aug. 11, 2019 | Updated 2:47 p.m. CT Aug. 11, 2019

The Sturgis Rally ended Sunday with just two fatalities reported from the week-long event. That's down from four reported last year, according to final numbers compiled by the Highway Patrol.

While fatalities were down, arrests and citations are all up.

The Highway Patrol said it made 171 DUI arrests (149 in 2018), 213 misdemeanor drug arrests (175) and 131 felony drug arrests (77).

The number of citations and warnings also increased.

Injury accidents were down to 52 from 56 last year and non-injury crashes down to 41 from 50.

That can throw the statistics for a town of 7,000 for the year way out of context. I've been to Sturgis in a previous life several times. It's a wild time!
Lol
Yep,
Daryl is an old coot who still lives in the past and combines that with political correctness thinking he knows his ass from a hole in the ground. The fact remains violent crimes are almost nonexistent in western South Dakota... It’s actually the Indian reservations that skew the numbers more than anything else. It’s best to think of the Indian reservations as little Third World countries in the middle of the United States.... true shit holes, I know I lived on pine ridge Indian reservation until I was 17. As soon as I could I moved out of that shit hole.

Rapid City is listed currently listed as the most dangerous place to live in South Dakota. Not 20 years ago, not 40 years ago. Today. It boasts a higher homicide gun rate than NYC does. It's even slightly higher than Detroit. And it's NOT on the Indian Reservation. It's primarily white. And it's not far from where Chief Rustic lives. Now, I respect being proud of where one lives but first you must have something other than Mount Rushmore, a Chicken dancing on a hot plate and a few other carny tricks before you go off like he does. The fact remains, Rapid City is, was and probably always will be a very dangerous place. Why? It has a higher unemployment rate than the national average. And it has a lower pay scale than most places. Yes, there are some Rich that live there that skew the average. But the majority will be low scale. And it's got one really crooked cop shop to boot. One cop even tried to steal my Stetson one night but didn't get away with it. He was carrying. He must of thought I was either the craziest or the baddest dude that ever graced the Earth. I'll never tell which. I kept him in the club, spoke quietly and had him send one of his cop buddies out to his car for my stetson. In those days, a 300 dollar hat was hard to come by. You should have seen it. Things got real quiet. The Bass Player (Me a protected Species) was telling a cop (another protected species) to return my property. The Bikers that usually stuck up for the Band stayed out of it and his Cop Buddies just sat there quietly. But he returned the hat after his buddy went out and retrieved it. You see, the music stopped until I got my damned hat back. Right after that, the Cops all left and the party went on without them.

Where did the Rapid City crime rate come from in this discussion?

Last edited:
The only reason we are even discussing coal is because Trump lied and promised all those displaced coal miners he would bring their jobs back. He knew he couldn't, he didn't, he will never be able to.

Perhaps you forgot to provide the reliable source and working link showing President Donald Trump saying that he would bring back ALL coal mining jobs.

"The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) estimates 53,000 coal miners were hard at work in April 2018, about 2,500 more than one year ago when 51,500 miners were employed. BLS said overall U.S. unemployment shrunk to 3.9 percent, the lowest in about 18 years."

Mine Jobs Are Returning To Coal Country, But There’s A Long Road To Recovery

There is no such thing as clean coal, and there are no clean coal plants, despite what you might want to call them.

Proving you are ignorant of the FACTS. A common trait among Progressives.

Coal pollution mitigation
Main article: Coal pollution mitigation
See also: Clean coal technology
"Clean" coal technology usually addresses atmospheric problems resulting from burning coal. Historically, the primary focus was on SO2 and NOx, the most important gases which caused acid rain; and particulates which cause visible air pollution, illness and premature deaths. SO2 can be removed by flue-gas desulfurization and NO2 by selective catalytic reduction (SCR). Particulates can be removed with electrostatic precipitators. Although perhaps less efficient wet scrubbers can remove both gases and particulates. And mercury emissions can be reduced up to 95%.[133] However capturing carbon dioxide emissions is generally not economically viable.

Coal - Wikipedia

Yes, they can remove some of the pollutants, but what is left is causing more harm than it is worth. You can't point to any specific example of coal usage that isn't harmful to our environment. Much cleaner natural gas prices have made coal the horse and buggy of energy sources.

New coal plants are extremely clean and very sophisticated. They are being built by the thousands around the world.

Coal%20plants-S.png

The only reason we are even discussing coal is because Trump lied and promised all those displaced coal miners he would bring their jobs back. He knew he couldn't, he didn't, he will never be able to.

Perhaps you forgot to provide the reliable source and working link showing President Donald Trump saying that he would bring back ALL coal mining jobs.

"The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) estimates 53,000 coal miners were hard at work in April 2018, about 2,500 more than one year ago when 51,500 miners were employed. BLS said overall U.S. unemployment shrunk to 3.9 percent, the lowest in about 18 years."

I would never consider anything Trump says to be reliable, but those were his words.

There is no such thing as clean coal, and there are no clean coal plants, despite what you might want to call them.

"Clean" coal technology usually addresses atmospheric problems resulting from burning coal. Historically, the primary focus was on SO2 and NOx, the most important gases which caused acid rain; and particulates which cause visible air pollution, illness and premature deaths. SO2 can be removed by flue-gas desulfurization and NO2 by selective catalytic reduction (SCR). Particulates can be removed with electrostatic precipitators. Although perhaps less efficient wet scrubbers can remove both gases and particulates. And mercury emissions can be reduced up to 95%.[133] However capturing carbon dioxide emissions is generally not economically viable.

Coal - Wikipedia

Yes, they can remove some of the pollutants, but what is left is causing more harm than it is worth. You can't point to any specific example of coal usage that isn't harmful to our environment. Much cleaner natural gas prices have made coal the horse and buggy of energy sources.

New coal plants are extremely clean and very sophisticated. They are being built by the thousands around the world.

Coal%20plants-S.png

So you expect all our displaced coal workers who will never be able to find another coal job here to move to other countries?

I would never consider anything Trump says to be reliable, but those were his words.

Where did he say all the jobs? Failed former President Barack Hussein Obama said they were gone forever. Thousands of coal-burning plants are being built around the world. Shouldn't we be mining the coal to sell to them?

Coal - Wikipedia

Coal%20plants-S.png

So you expect all our displaced coal workers who will never be able to find another coal job here to move to other countries?

Maybe that is Putins plan all along. Offer them jobs in Siberia since they can't find employment in the US. I don't see China offering it to them, they have enough problems already.

Coal - Wikipedia

Coal%20plants-S.png

Wut? Where did I say coal miners should move to other countries?

The United States is a net exporter of coal, meaning that it exports more coal to other countries than it imports from other countries. In 2012, U.S. coal exports reached a record high of 126 MMst, equal to 12% of U.S. coal production in 2012. U.S. coal exports declined each year from 2012 through 2016 and then increased in 2017 and 2018. In 2018, the United States exported about 116 MMst of coal—equal to about 15% of U.S. coal production—to at least 52 countries.

About 47% of U.S. coal exports in 2018 went to five countries. The top five destinations of U.S. coal exports, the amount exported, and their percent shares of total coal exports in 2018 were
  • India—17.19 MMst—15%
  • The Netherlands—12.36 MMst—11%
  • Japan—10.39 MMst—9%
  • South Korea—9.32 MMst—8%
  • Brazil—8.60 MMst—7%
Coal Imports and Exports - Energy Explained, Your Guide To Understanding Energy - Energy Information Administration

Where did he say all the jobs? Failed former President Barack Hussein Obama said they were gone forever. Thousands of coal-burning plants are being built around the world. Shouldn't we be mining the coal to sell to them?

Automation is replacing workers. There will never be a return of even a moderate percentage of those lost coal jobs. I'm sure some businesses will still make a fortune in mining coal, but workers won't be effected. Allowing the increased pollution from coal might have some advantage in the U.S. if it employed the millions it once employed, but that just won't happen.

There is no such thing as clean coal. If you ever find any, you might have something to talk about.
You are a liar!

The new coal fired plants have near zero particulate emissions. Your ilk just want to kill an industry that allows people to be self sufficient and in no need of government intrusion.
1) Coal jobs are not coming back. Automation and mining technologies have outpaced the old fashioned idea of an elevator crowded with miners descending into a deep,shaft mine. You might as well worry about whaler's jobs in New Bedford.

2) "Clean coal" is a marketing term for something that just does not exist. I know it refers to technology to mitigate the vast amounts of pollution from burning coal. But power plants, HERE IN COAL COUNTRY, are closing due to the cost of retrofitting plants with scrubbers. I have seen power plants (at Shippingport, PA, Stratton, Ohio and down river in Beilliant, Ohio close down while natural gas plants open up.

3) Coal is expensive. Expensive to mine, expensive to,process, expensive to remediate. Natural gas is cheaper, easier to transport and abundant.
That’s the majority of coal mines that exist in Wyoming, where coal is mined in the us is, is in fact all of them are surface Mines... not underground mining. You Fucking retard

Yes, natural gas is gaining ground every year... but an all of the above policy is best.

The pine ridge Indian reservation along with the standing rock Indian reservation is the most violent place in South Dakota... Fact

Which has no affect on the high homocide and crime rate of Rancid City. The more you bring up, the more people are not going to want to visit much less move to that area. I guess we all don't care to get murdered.
You do realize the pine ridge Indian reservation is walking distance from Rapid City? Highway 44 constantly has people walking it.
Where do you think those Indians run to when they get in trouble in Rapid City… I’ll give you a hint the pine ridge Indian reservation which is a Third World country basically. Police can’t do a thing about it if criminals get on the Rez.
Like I said go to the Rapid City/Lawrence county jail... See for yourself what the inmate ratio is. Lol

Wow, an over 80 mile jaunt by a drunken Indian. You have much heartier Indians than we have here. Ours have trouble making it halfway across the road when intoxicated. And that jaunt will take you through the Black Hills which isn't exactly the easiest trek even sober for 80 miles. You keep hoping that someone won't notice that you are full of crap and trying to pull a whole series of Trump reasoning. You know, no one will check your BS. it's called Fact Check, cupcake.
Lol
Drive up here to South Dakota, When you get to Rapid City go east out on highway44 towards the airport, that is just south of Interstate 90, Box Elder and Ellsworth. I guarantee you will see Indians walking Highway 44 because it’s the only way they can get to Rapid City from the reservation generally.
Actually Rapid City is on the east on the edge of the Black Hills and west of Pine Ridge Indian reservation.
Do you really know the area?... because it does not look like it… LOL

I used to drive that route on many weekends on my way to play clubs in New Castle Wyoming from Rancid City. Did that for over 3 years. I guess I must know that route a lot better than you do. Tell me, is that old Motel and Bar still right on the Border or have they tore it down yet?
You went from Rapid City down 79 through Hot Springs Edgemont then to New Castle?

Coal - Wikipedia

Actually it depends on the geography more than anything, up here in the northern plains. Coal still dominates natural gas gaining.
Fossil fuels are here to stay for the foreseeable future... fact

Yes, we will be using oil products for quite a while longer, but coal is dead.
Not in the northern plains

Lol
There will always be coal mines in Wyoming in our lifetimes... live with it bedwetter

Which has no affect on the high homocide and crime rate of Rancid City. The more you bring up, the more people are not going to want to visit much less move to that area. I guess we all don't care to get murdered.
You do realize the pine ridge Indian reservation is walking distance from Rapid City? Highway 44 constantly has people walking it.
Where do you think those Indians run to when they get in trouble in Rapid City… I’ll give you a hint the pine ridge Indian reservation which is a Third World country basically. Police can’t do a thing about it if criminals get on the Rez.
Like I said go to the Rapid City/Lawrence county jail... See for yourself what the inmate ratio is. Lol

Wow, an over 80 mile jaunt by a drunken Indian. You have much heartier Indians than we have here. Ours have trouble making it halfway across the road when intoxicated. And that jaunt will take you through the Black Hills which isn't exactly the easiest trek even sober for 80 miles. You keep hoping that someone won't notice that you are full of crap and trying to pull a whole series of Trump reasoning. You know, no one will check your BS. it's called Fact Check, cupcake.
Lol
Drive up here to South Dakota, When you get to Rapid City go east out on highway44 towards the airport, that is just south of Interstate 90, Box Elder and Ellsworth. I guarantee you will see Indians walking Highway 44 because it’s the only way they can get to Rapid City from the reservation generally.
Actually Rapid City is on the east on the edge of the Black Hills and west of Pine Ridge Indian reservation.

I used to drive that route on many weekends on my way to play clubs in New Castle Wyoming from Rancid City. Did that for over 3 years. I guess I must know that route a lot better than you do. Tell me, is that old Motel and Bar still right on the Border or have they tore it down yet?
You went from Rapid City down 79 through Hot Springs Edgemont then to New Castle?

Nice Friday Afternoon in June. Don't have to be setup in New Castle until 8:45. Went a lot of places on a whim. But I didn't stop and watch some chicken dancing on a hotplate like the Tourists. Still it's over 80 miles to Rancid City so I doubt too many are sauntering it. That's about a 2 day saunter. Make sure you bring lunch or two or three.

You are a liar!

You obviously dont live or work in mining. All you have are left wing talking points and not one of them is true..

Not enough

Actually it depends on the geography more than anything, up here in the northern plains. Coal still dominates natural gas gaining.
Fossil fuels are here to stay for the foreseeable future... fact

Yes, we will be using oil products for quite a while longer, but coal is dead.
Not in the northern plains

Lol
There will always be coal mines in Wyoming in our lifetimes... live with it bedwetter

Maybe in my lifetime but others are a lot younger.

BTW, Sturgis, right down the road also made the top 10 most dangerous places to live in SD.but it has a zero violent murder rate. You are more likely to be knocked in the head and have your wallet stolen. And with over 90.6% of a the population being white, the other races don't even factor into the crime rate. So much for your home being that safe.

What happens to the crime rate in Sturgis when Bike Week is deleted? Sturgis has a population of fewer than 7,000 permanent citizens. Bike week it jumps to over 600,000.

Michael Klinski, Sioux Falls Argus LeaderPublished 2:46 p.m. CT Aug. 11, 2019 | Updated 2:47 p.m. CT Aug. 11, 2019

The Sturgis Rally ended Sunday with just two fatalities reported from the week-long event. That's down from four reported last year, according to final numbers compiled by the Highway Patrol.

The Highway Patrol said it made 171 DUI arrests (149 in 2018), 213 misdemeanor drug arrests (175) and 131 felony drug arrests (77).

Injury accidents were down to 52 from 56 last year and non-injury crashes down to 41 from 50.

That can throw the statistics for a town of 7,000 for the year way out of context. I've been to Sturgis in a previous life several times. It's a wild time!
Lol
Yep,
Daryl is an old coot who still lives in the past and combines that with political correctness thinking he knows his ass from a hole in the ground. The fact remains violent crimes are almost nonexistent in western South Dakota... It’s actually the Indian reservations that skew the numbers more than anything else. It’s best to think of the Indian reservations as little Third World countries in the middle of the United States.... true shit holes, I know I lived on pine ridge Indian reservation until I was 17. As soon as I could I moved out of that shit hole.

Rapid City is listed currently listed as the most dangerous place to live in South Dakota. Not 20 years ago, not 40 years ago. Today. It boasts a higher homicide gun rate than NYC does. It's even slightly higher than Detroit. And it's NOT on the Indian Reservation. It's primarily white. And it's not far from where Chief Rustic lives. Now, I respect being proud of where one lives but first you must have something other than Mount Rushmore, a Chicken dancing on a hot plate and a few other carny tricks before you go off like he does. The fact remains, Rapid City is, was and probably always will be a very dangerous place. Why? It has a higher unemployment rate than the national average. And it has a lower pay scale than most places. Yes, there are some Rich that live there that skew the average. But the majority will be low scale. And it's got one really crooked cop shop to boot. One cop even tried to steal my Stetson one night but didn't get away with it. He was carrying. He must of thought I was either the craziest or the baddest dude that ever graced the Earth. I'll never tell which. I kept him in the club, spoke quietly and had him send one of his cop buddies out to his car for my stetson. In those days, a 300 dollar hat was hard to come by. You should have seen it. Things got real quiet. The Bass Player (Me a protected Species) was telling a cop (another protected species) to return my property. The Bikers that usually stuck up for the Band stayed out of it and his Cop Buddies just sat there quietly. But he returned the hat after his buddy went out and retrieved it. You see, the music stopped until I got my damned hat back. Right after that, the Cops all left and the party went on without them.

Daryl is drunk

You are a liar!

Not enough

And he won't. Most of the States that produce Coal aren't buying into his deregulation. While he might be able to lessen the Federal Regs, the States have last say. It will never be coal powered like it once was and it will only continue to fall off. The only saving grace might be the exporting of Coal. But we can also export LNG easier for more profit.

Lol
Yep,

Daryl is drunk

Maybe after 5. Is it 5 oclock somewhere? Put the Peyote pipe down.

Lol

Nice Friday Afternoon in June. Don't have to be setup in New Castle until 8:45. Went a lot of places on a whim. But I didn't stop and watch some chicken dancing on a hotplate like the Tourists. Still it's over 80 miles to Rancid City so I doubt too many are sauntering it. That's about a 2 day saunter. Make sure you bring lunch or two or three.
Lol
You obviously have not been on Highway 44, Especially around the first of the month.
Google Maps

It’s a little over 20 miles before you actually hit the border of Pine Ridge reservation, not pine ridge the town... And you don’t go through any hills or mountains it’s all flat Prairie. An afternoon walk for Indians.

Forum List

Back