The Left is Lying on Clean Coal

Coal is a fossil fuel that is rich in carbons and sulfur. To clan the exhaust is all that can be done to "clean" it up, and at that it is solely lacking true "clean" air.

Coal is a fossil fuel that is rich in carbons and sulfur. To clan the exhaust is all that can be done to "clean" it up, and at that it is solely lacking true "clean" air.
Bull shit...

Scrubber technologies have been in use now for over 30 years. We are still destroying very toxic chemical munitions using these and their technology. Ignorant people need to learn that what the media and left wing Eco-fanatics keep hyping is total bull shit..

Liberals can't wait to kill the coal industry.

The left is lying on clean coal

There is no such thing as clean coal. If you ever find any, you might have something to talk about.
Yes there is such a thing called clean coal production...why do you say this stuff?...In CA they are city by city doing away with natural gas...I bet you support that too....just tell me one thing...when are you going to turn off your devises and computers and junk your car and go off grid?....

There is no such thing as clean coal. If you ever find any, you might have something to talk about.
Yes there is such a thing called clean coal production...why do you say this stuff?...In CA they are city by city doing away with natural gas...I bet you support that too....just tell me one thing...when are you going to turn off your devises and computers and junk your car and go off grid?....

You can call it anything you want, but it's not clean coal.

Its cleaner than it ever has been and clean coal plants are being constructed all around the world....you can't run the planet on sun and wind alone...you must know that...you need them all...wind solar nuclear natural gas hydro coal fracking and the evil petro....

You are a liar!

The new coal fired plants have near zero particulate emissions. Your ilk just want to kill an industry that allows people to be self sufficient and in no need of government intrusion.
proof?
"What employees have accomplished here in the last 70 years is nothing short of amazing," French said, addressing a crowd of about 300 workers, former workers and project stakeholders outside Building 5108. "I commend all of you who have carried out this critical mission. For the first five decades you safely stored a majority of the nation's stockpiles of chemical agent weapons, and for the last two decades you have safely destroyed the country's largest chemical weapons stockpile. You made a huge contribution to the attainment of our commitment to the Chemical Weapons Convention Treaty, and this is just one lasting legacy."

Deseret Chemical Depot closes, transitions installation to Tooele Army Depot

Pomeroy noted workers over the years had a part in storing and destroying more than 1.1 million chemical munitions, containing more than 13,600 tons of agent.

"These were terrible weapons and their elimination at DCD has made the world a safer place and most definitely a safer place for the surrounding community," Pomeroy said. "Eliminating these weapons was a team effort that spanned over five generations that included exceptional depot workers that safely stored, made over 24,000 safe deliveries to TOCDF; the Field Office that provided government oversight for the demil operations; the outstanding team from URS and the supporting contractors that operated the TOCDF and destroyed the chemical weapons; and the incredible support of the local community and the State of Utah, and the resolve of our great nation to destroy these terrible weapons."

They used burners and exhaust scrubbing technologies that are now in use on almost every coal fired plant in the US...

Its cleaner than it ever has been and clean coal plants are being constructed all around the world....you can't run the planet on sun and wind alone...you must know that...you need them all...wind solar nuclear natural gas hydro coal fracking and the evil petro....

There is no such thing as clean coal, and there are no clean coal plants, despite what you might want to call them.

There is no such thing as clean coal, and there are no clean coal plants, despite what you might want to call them.
You are an intellectual moron.. The scrubbing technologies of today remove 99.998% of all particulate matter from the exhaust of all burning units. The exhausts have less particulate matter than the air you breath indoors daily. I worked at CMDS for a while when they were de-milling VX nerve agent rounds. If the detectors found anything under 99.91% removal in the air the plant went into an emergency burn to ensure NOTHING TOXIC LEFT THE STACK and staff was notified to dawn protective gear. It works and is solid science..

You are a liar!

The new coal fired plants have near zero particulate emissions. Your ilk just want to kill an industry that allows people to be self sufficient and in no need of government intrusion.
proof?
"What employees have accomplished here in the last 70 years is nothing short of amazing," French said, addressing a crowd of about 300 workers, former workers and project stakeholders outside Building 5108. "I commend all of you who have carried out this critical mission. For the first five decades you safely stored a majority of the nation's stockpiles of chemical agent weapons, and for the last two decades you have safely destroyed the country's largest chemical weapons stockpile. You made a huge contribution to the attainment of our commitment to the Chemical Weapons Convention Treaty, and this is just one lasting legacy."

Deseret Chemical Depot closes, transitions installation to Tooele Army Depot

Pomeroy noted workers over the years had a part in storing and destroying more than 1.1 million chemical munitions, containing more than 13,600 tons of agent.

"These were terrible weapons and their elimination at DCD has made the world a safer place and most definitely a safer place for the surrounding community," Pomeroy said. "Eliminating these weapons was a team effort that spanned over five generations that included exceptional depot workers that safely stored, made over 24,000 safe deliveries to TOCDF; the Field Office that provided government oversight for the demil operations; the outstanding team from URS and the supporting contractors that operated the TOCDF and destroyed the chemical weapons; and the incredible support of the local community and the State of Utah, and the resolve of our great nation to destroy these terrible weapons."

They used burners and exhaust scrubbing technologies that are now in use on almost every coal fired plant in the US...

I'm impressed with the destruction of those chemical weapons, but methane and CO, which are major causes of concern with coal, didn't seem to be that prevalent in those chemical weapons. When they figure out how to keep from releasing large amounts of methane, and CO, you might be getting closer to your claim of clean coal.

We should make libs drive around in solar powered cars and live in houses powered by the wind. Too bad it's all utopia and unicorns.

There is no such thing as clean coal, and there are no clean coal plants, despite what you might want to call them
Underground coal gasification - Wikipedia

CCUS technology captures carbon emissions from sources like power plants. That CO2 is then stored or used so it doesn’t enter the atmosphere

Clean Coal Explained - What Is Clean Coal?.

Yes, there are efforts to sequester gasses, so I guess that shows the previous claim that scrubbers would make coal clean was just a bullshit claim. Let me know when sequestration is perfected.

Forum List

Back