The latest descent into “Wokeness”: A shopping mall in a Democrat town

Now, I've talked about my journey to non-belief in other threads, so I will give you the short version here. I was brought up a very strict Catholic and went to Catholic Schools for 12 years. Even at an early age, I started to have some serious doubts about even the Disney-fied versions of Bible Stories they were feeding us. Why did God drown all the babies in the Great Flood? Never have gotten a religionist to give me a good answer on that one.

But the key point was when my Mom got cancer, shortly after my dad succumbed to cancer in 1981. After needlessly suffering for a year and a half, she passed, and at her funeral, one of the psycho nuns who taught me growing up said, "God Had a Good Reason for this".

As a Catholic yourself she figured she was giving you comfort.

Praying to God doesn't stop anybody from dying. We have 7.5 billion people on this planet, and within the next 100 years or so, every one of us 7.5 billion are going to be dead. Everything dies: Animals die. Plant life dies. Insects die. Humans die. Dying is simply part of life. God never gave you this planet, he only allowed you to live on it for a set amount of time. If you lost faith over death, you never had faith to begin with.

As for myself, I only ask God that I outlive my parents. Everybody in my family is praying for me. Last September the doctors gave me six months to a year. They said chemo may give me a couple of months or so. My oncologist recently told me my body is responding remarkably well. Now he's talking potentially years. Prayers and belief? Who knows. What I do know is that whatever it is I was supposed to do on this planet, I must have already done. Allowing me to possibly live over parental concerns is a plus, and I thank my family, and yes GOD, for the extra time extended to me. But sometime soon I will need to leave to make room for new life, and I accept that without hostility.

Last edited:
I did. It listed five things Trump did to make matters a lot worse.

And the Washington Examiner? That's a right wing rag.

Short version, for the stupid. Trump completely alienated the Mexican government, which for some reason had no desire to help interdict drugs into the US after Trump called them all rapists and murderers.

The Mexican government is afraid of the cartels. What your article listed is what Trump tried to do with them, but not the amount of deadly narcotics. What my link tells you about is the success of decreased narcotics because of Trump policies.

Are you fucking stupid? Hey, why don't you read a history of Prohibition, and all the clever ways people found to get around that. The War on Drugs, which has been dragging on since Tricky Dick, is a bigger failure. We need to legalize them, allow people who frankly don't have a problem to engage in the drug of choice, and treat the addicts the same way we treat alcoholics...as a medical problem.

Years ago when they were pushing for the lottery in my state, they said it would stop illegal gambling. Guess what, it didn't. In states that have legalized pot, their claim was it would stop the black market pot. Guess what, it didn't. Suppliers simply are selling their products for less money than the state. Do you actually believe there were more people using alcohol during prohibition or after?

You can't totally eliminate something people want, but you can reduce the demand for it by making or keeping it illegal. We have laws and penalties against rape, armed robbery, murder, but did those laws completely stop these things from happening? No it didn't, but it did reduce the activity, and saying we should make drugs legal since what we are doing now didn't totally eliminate drug usage is as stupid as saying since we can't stop armed robberies, rape or assault to make it legal to do these things.

She was as stupid, mean-spirited bitch when she taught me in 5th grade, and she was a stupid, mean-spirited bitch then. She's lucky I didn't punch her in the mouth. I heard she later died of cancer herself and I honestly hope it was painful.

Praying to God doesn't stop anybody from dying. We have 7.5 billion people on this planet, and within the next 100 years or so, every one of us 7.5 billion are going to be dead. Everything dies: Animals die. Plant life dies. Insects die. Humans die. Dying is simply part of life. God never gave you this planet, he only allowed you to live on it for a set amount of time. If you lost faith over death, you never had faith to begin with.

Missing the point entirely. Yes, everything dies. But everyone prayed for her to get better... God was too busy "not existing" to do anything about them.

As for myself, I only ask God that I outlive my parents. Everybody in my family is praying for me. Last September the doctors gave me six months to a year. They said chemo may give me a couple of months or so. My oncologist recently told me my body is responding remarkably well. Now he's talking potentially years. Prayers and belief? Who knows. What I do know is that whatever it is I was supposed to do on this planet, I must have already done. Allowing me to possibly live over parental concerns is a plus, and I thank my family, and yes GOD, for the extra time extended to me. But sometime soon I will need to leave to make room for new life, and I accept that without hostility.

I'd say that you should work on being a less hateful person, but since there is no God or afterlife, you do you, man.

The Mexican government is afraid of the cartels. What your article listed is what Trump tried to do with them, but not the amount of deadly narcotics. What my link tells you about is the success of decreased narcotics because of Trump policies.

Your link is the Washington examiner... and it's full of shit. Trump made matters worse by alienating the people we had to work with.

Years ago when they were pushing for the lottery in my state, they said it would stop illegal gambling. Guess what, it didn't. In states that have legalized pot, their claim was it would stop the black market pot. Guess what, it didn't. Suppliers simply are selling their products for less money than the state. Do you actually believe there were more people using alcohol during prohibition or after?

Actually, I doubt anyone said those things. The lottery was there to make money for the state. if they told you anything else, they were lying. As for pot, those laws were thrown out because they were absurd. During prohibition, the rate of alcohol use rose to almost pre-prohibition levels.

You can't totally eliminate something people want, but you can reduce the demand for it by making or keeping it illegal. We have laws and penalties against rape, armed robbery, murder, but did those laws completely stop these things from happening? No it didn't, but it did reduce the activity, and saying we should make drugs legal since what we are doing now didn't totally eliminate drug usage is as stupid as saying since we can't stop armed robberies, rape or assault to make it legal to do these things.

Naw, man, we should get rid of these laws because they are worse for the country than any benefit. We've been fighting the War on Drugs since Tricky Dick. We've thrown millions of people in prison, we've given the police obscene amounts of power, we've enriched the cartels... and what do we have to show for it? Not a fucking thing. The Europeans have figured this out, they've gotten rid of penalizing drug use and treat it as a medical problem.

Way to stand for law and order fascist.
If you cared about law and order, you wouldn’t support Democrats who enabled tens of thousands of thugs to burn, loot, and murder during the Summer of Thugs.

But let a father who is furious because his daughter was raped thanks to transgender liberal craziness, and then suppressed about telling the truth, threaten to pull a Will Smith in the rape-enabling School Board, and THEN youre in favor of law and order.

I agree with the poster above you. If the father had taken a swing at one of the rape enablers, I would have considered the mitigating circumstances and voted to acquit as well.

I pray to G-d He grants you at least five more years.

If you cared about law and order, you wouldn’t support Democrats who enabled tens of thousands of thugs to burn, loot, and murder during the Summer of Thugs.

There wouldn't have been riots if the issue of police misconduct had been addressed when people started complaining about it.

Hey, remember when this guy PEACEFULLY protested police misconduct.
1649673577239.png

Did we say, "Gee, Colin, what a thoughtful young man you are. We should totally take stock of how we conduct policing in this country and get the bad apples off our forces."

No, we said, "Ruin the bum's career. How dare he peaceful protest during a song!!!"

George Floyd was the last straw in a lot of straws on the camel's back.

I'm totally against riots... but oddly, white people only care about fixing things when you threaten to break their stuff. Ten years of peaceful protests didn't change anything, but a few weeks of riots got a slew of legislation passed.

But let a father who is furious because his daughter was raped thanks to transgender liberal craziness, and then suppressed about telling the truth, threaten to pull a Will Smith in the rape-enabling School Board, and THEN youre in favor of law and order.

Actually, she got raped because she was in a relationship with the edgy, troubled kid. The incident in the bathroom was the THIRD time they had hooked up for sex in that bathroom, but she wanted to break up with him. Not really the School Board's fault his 15 year old daughter was in an abusive relationship with a 14 year old. It's kind of his for being a shitty parent.

I agree with the poster above you. If the father had taken a swing at one of the rape enablers, I would have considered the mitigating circumstances and voted to acquit as well.

But he didn't take a swing at the school board. He took a swing at one of his neighbors who told him he was full of shit. (Probably because they all know his daughter's reputation).

There wouldn't have been riots if the issue of police misconduct had been addressed when people started complaining about it.

Bullshit. It was an opportunity to act like animals and steal as much as their arms could hold. The riot was over lowlife Floyd and the officer was arrested immediately. WTF more could they do, burn him on a cross in downtown?

I think uncivilized people should be deported from this country to an uncivilized environment so they could see what life is like with a lawless society.

Naw, man, we should get rid of these laws because they are worse for the country than any benefit. We've been fighting the War on Drugs since Tricky Dick. We've thrown millions of people in prison, we've given the police obscene amounts of power, we've enriched the cartels... and what do we have to show for it? Not a fucking thing. The Europeans have figured this out, they've gotten rid of penalizing drug use and treat it as a medical problem.

You people always tell us how great Europe is but never move there yourself.

I told you repeatedly how rehab doesn't work, but typical of a liberal, take something that doesn't work and expand on it. The liberal solution is to invite these drugs into your country, create a problem, and then try to solve the problem using known failed methods. Complete stupidity.

Bullshit. It was an opportunity to act like animals and steal as much as their arms could hold. The riot was over lowlife Floyd and the officer was arrested immediately. WTF more could they do, burn him on a cross in downtown?

I think uncivilized people should be deported from this country to an uncivilized environment so they could see what life is like with a lawless society.
Ironic, isn’t it? the riots were over the “fact“ that police are biased against blacks, so what do the black thugs do? Loot stores and act like depraved animals to prove how they are as deserving of respect as whites!

And you’re right about Floyd. He was a career criminal thug whose own children didn’t recognize. Total lowlife. The white cop was arrested immediately. So what’s the point of all the looting and mayhem?

Ironic, isn’t it? the riots were over the “fact“ that police are biased against blacks, so what do the black thugs do? Loot stores and act like depraved animals to prove how they are as deserving of respect as whites!

And you’re right about Floyd. He was a career criminal thug whose own children didn’t recognize. Total lowlife. The white cop was arrested immediately. So what’s the point of all the looting and mayhem?

Afterwards they painted murals of him on buildings like he was some sort of saint. If not pathetic it would be funny. The people who support honoring him like a hero are cut from the same cloth as those tearing down statues of historic leaders of this country.

The officer charged was not tried by a fair court as the Constitution outlines. The Constitution requires all defendants to have their case heard by an unbiased jury. The only people who would possibly accept jury duty for that case were those who's minds were already made up before the hearing began. Every juror knew of the possible harm or death that could come to them by voting in favor of the officer. That case should have been moved at least a hundred miles away to a town where the savages wouldn't go to.

Afterwards they painted murals of him on buildings like he was some sort of saint. If not pathetic it would be funny. The people who support honoring him like a hero are cut from the same cloth as those tearing down statues of historic leaders of this country.

The officer charged was not tried by a fair court as the Constitution outlines. The Constitution requires all defendants to have their case heard by an unbiased jury. The only people who would possibly accept jury duty for that case were those who's minds were already made up before the hearing began. Every juror knew of the possible harm or death that could come to them by voting in favor of the officer. That case should have been moved at least a hundred miles away to a town where the savages wouldn't go to.
Agree. No way the officer could get a fair trial. The jury was just as determined to send him up the river as the jury who acquitted OJ was to let him skate, because…..black.

As far as the murals, tell me about it. They acted like this lowlife thug - he actually stuck a knife in a pregnant woman’s belly during a robbery - was a saint. His funeral was fit for a King. And in a department store I was in, they had 9 minutes of silence - during operating hours! - to honor the thug. We just had to stand there.

Your stupid false outrage is noted a long with a low bar for law & order.

How about- get rid of all the other bad apples so it never happens again.

The problem with Chauven or Van Dyke or Loehmann isn't they were regular guys who had a bad day. They were guys with long records showing their unfitness to be peace officers.

A country where police can murder you without recourse to the law isn't "Civilized" or "Lawful".

You people always tell us how great Europe is but never move there yourself.

Because we are trying to fix this country. You see, the reason Europe is kind of awesome is after World War II, a bunch of New Deal types showed them how to set up their governments, and fortunately, didn't have to deal with any Republican nitwits.

IF they are getting good results, and we are getting shitty results, we shouldn't whine about it, we should look at what they are doing right.

I told you repeatedly how rehab doesn't work, but typical of a liberal, take something that doesn't work and expand on it. The liberal solution is to invite these drugs into your country, create a problem, and then try to solve the problem using known failed methods. Complete stupidity.

Rehab works just fine, Ray. It doesn't work for you, because, frankly, you are the kind of guy who gives up at the first sign of things getting rough.

Actually, its funny you mention that.

Wasn't Jesus technically breaking the law when he was crucified?

1649715838297.png

1649716311833.png

1649716351563.png

Most of our Historic leaders engaged in wars, genocide and racism... Maybe it's time to review who has a statue and who doesn't.

He didn't commit his crime against people living hundreds of miles away. He committed his crime against that community.

The problem he had was he was caught red-handed (or red kneed) doing exactly what he was accused of.

What is respect but fear? What we saw was a population pushed too far.

Race riots are a feature of our history... shouldn't be, but they are.

Oh, I don't know, that these things KEEP happening.

Agree. No way the officer could get a fair trial. The jury was just as determined to send him up the river as the jury who acquitted OJ was to let him skate, because…..black.

Actually, OJ got acquitted because he actually had decent representation.

It doesn't help your case when the cop who found all the evidence lied about his racism on the stand, and when he was caught, plead the fifth. If he could lie about never saying the N-word, then he could lie about where he found a bloody glove.

Now, do I think OJ did it? Yup. Did the state make that case well? Nope.

As far as the murals, tell me about it. They acted like this lowlife thug - he actually stuck a knife in a pregnant woman’s belly during a robbery - was a saint. His funeral was fit for a King. And in a department store I was in, they had 9 minutes of silence - during operating hours! - to honor the thug. We just had to stand there.

Oh, my God. Nine minutes. How terrible for you!

Oh, that stuff about him sticking a gun or a knife in a pregnant woman's belly. All bullshit.

I see you couldn’t refute my point, as usual, and again made a meaningless retort.
Your post has its own refute as just blather from a partisan hack.

I need more than that.

Better yet, post some facts for actual discussion.

You trained with Archie Moore?
Yes I did, He ran a program in San Diego many years ago called "ABC", (Any Boy Can), that he operated out of his gym and also got other local gyms involved as well, which was meant to provide access to kids who were interested in boxing. His program eventually became popular throughout the country.

Yes I did, He ran a program in San Diego many years ago called "ABC", (Any Boy Can), that he operated out of his gym and also got other local gyms involved as well, which was meant to provide access to kids who were interested in boxing. His program eventually became popular throughout the country.
Amazing experience. How old were you?

Forum List

Back